• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Robots feel pain too (and then commit suicide

security-bot-knightscope-water-e15003700

Another angle - it looks like a pre-dalek design. Those steps down to the fountain aren't gated or have a barrier - so a toddler could also fall in there.

Plot twist - a troll pushed it in!

2nd Plot Twist - it's a PR stunt for the new Dr Who!

The robot is fitted with ...

WHAT TYPES OF SENSORS ARE ONBOARD?
The ADM sensor payload includes light detection and ranging (LIDAR) devices; high-definition, low-light video cameras; thermal imaging; automatic license plate recognition (ALPR); directional microphones; proximity sensors; inertial measurement unit; wheel encoders; and a global positioning system (GPS).

Source :- http://www.knightscope.com/faq/

So it probably saw the water as a black void or a flat floor.... BEEP! BEEP SPLASH!

It might have trouble detecting mirrored surfaces - maybe you could approach it with a large mirror. The water reflections that scatter light, like you say, it couldn't see.

Or use that infamous grey Man Utd shirt. Instant invisibility.

article-2358826-1ABB54DE000005DC-745_634

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By TheBlueCat
      This week I’m at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las  Vegas which, much as I like gadgets and technology, is pretty much my idea of hell - hoardes of the great unwashed, incessant beeping, bright lights etc. Anyway, I have one observation to share which is that the human race is 100% guaranteed doomed. One of the following is going to happen:
      AI packed drones are going to figure out how to charge themselves without our intervention then they they’re going to come for us to make sure we don’t pull the plug. Seriously, some of stuff on display here is genuinely scary.
      We’re going to literally drown in an avalanche of pointless crap. I have never seen even 1% of what I’m seeing here in one place before.

• By Chewing Grass
      Having completely grown sick and fed up with how fab driverless technology is mantra, what tech for tech sake technology does everyone else either hate, think is totally pointless or will make like worse or less enjoyable from a human perspective.
      Nickola Tesla once stated that “There is a difference between progress and technology, progress benefits mankind. Technology does not necessarily do that.”
      Then some American with pots of money used his name to stick on his cars, suppose it's got a funkier ring than Musk Autos.
    • By swiss_democracy_for_all
      Harmony looks completely unsexy to me but manages to be a little bit amusing, another 5 years and I reckon AIs will be fun companions. Maybe I can wire the missus up to an AI, it would at least know left from right...
      <Runs away in shame for having awful thoughts>
      https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/27/race-to-build-world-first-sex-robot