• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

The Earth is flat. And very very hard.

Fair play. If there weren't people like him willing to wipe themselves out in comedy fashion, mankind would never have discovered half the joys we have in our lives today. For example I often wonder how many people died in the process of man learning how to safely brew, ferment and drink beer.

I salute you, Sir Mad Mike.

7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Are they just argumentative?

Flat earthers seemed to have started on Reddit as a bit of a gaff, bit of a troll. But it's attracted a few loonies who seem capable of louring in the gullible.

At this point I would guess....40% are still trolling, 30% are snakeoil loonies trying to cash in somehow and 30% are the gullible.

55 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Are they just argumentative?

It is a great question that makes you question your own faith in science.  For the most part, 'science' is a religion where all aspects are taken on as faith.  Even for scientists, while there might be 'sufficient knowledge' in a very small area, in all other areas there will be only faith.

3 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

Did you see the video of this ?

TMZ has the full video.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/22/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dead-dies-rocket-crash-land/

I am not sure what his plan - if he had a plan - was. Did he have an ejector seat and was intending to bale out at some point? His rocket appears to have no means of flight let alone landing capability. Just a short thrust up into the air.

Did he not believe in Gravity as well?

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

TMZ has the full video.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/22/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dead-dies-rocket-crash-land/

I am not sure what his plan - if he had a plan - was. Did he have an ejector seat and was intending to bale out at some point? His rocket appears to have no means of flight let alone landing capability. Just a short thrust up into the air.

Did he not believe in Gravity as well?

Bucket list -

1) Flat earth proof.

2) 5g kills bees.

3) Gravity is for puffs.

Completely mental and quite sad as well. You could hear the screams from the onlookers as he headed at great speed towards the ground.

Didn't any of them realise firing a bloke on a cheap rocket up into the air was probably going to end up killing him?

6 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

The parachute deployed prematurely and that's what sent the craft on it's flight into oblivion. 

Ah, so that's what the tarpaulin was.

Parachutes: Always carry a spare.

Not watched the video (snuff isn't my thing) but seems the guy was trying to emulate Evel Knievel with that Snake Canyon stunt. That went wrong too with early deployment of parachute, but at least Evel was fortunate enough to have a better designed rocket so survived.

This idiot could have just stuck a load of video cameras in the rocket, no need to send it up manned. Maybe he knew the likely outcome and wanted his suicide to bring fame for some bizarre reason.

Saw a documentary about the flat-earther mob a while back. They tried to use a laser to prove there was no curvature over several miles, but when the experiment showed there was curvature some look puzzled, "erm, we weren't expecting this result, maybe we did something wrong and will try again sometime". Bunch of cretins. xD

22 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Please remember...

The Earth can be any shape you want it
Any shape at all
Dark and cold or bright and warm
Long or thin or small
But it's home and all I ever had
And maybe why for me the Earth is flat

I dare say I'm the only person on this forum who knows what that quote is from.

Which I should do, given the bloke who wrote it is my avatar!