DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Hong-Kong Helicopters

RickyBacker

“Let us suppose now that one day a helicopter flies over this community and drops an additional $1,000 in bills from the sky, which is, of course, hastily collected by members of the community. Let us suppose further that everyone is convinced that this is a unique event which will never be repeated.” 
(Milton Friedman, “The Optimum Quantity of Money,” 1969)

... and back in the real world

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51640456

Maybe this really is the start of the big collapse.
Also, quick link to a video that I saw a couple of weeks ago in which the potential collapse of HSBC is discussed.
The ducks are certainly lining up.

They gave out free money in Australia at the height of the GFC, about $900 per adult from memory. 

Hard to tell if it worked or if Aus just got lucky with China turning on the taps and buying all the iron and coal they could for the last decade.

Does make a change from the usual solutions

7 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

They gave out free money in Australia at the height of the GFC, about $900 per adult from memory. 

Hard to tell if it worked or if Aus just got lucky with China turning on the taps and buying all the iron and coal they could for the last decade.

Does make a change from the usual solutions

Yep, I got me some of that dough. Can't remember how they did it now, but it was a real WTF moment.

Archived