DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Exercise bike

sarahbell

Whichever one you use, the person who will turn up to collect it will be fucking WEIRD and creepy. Probably turn up in a Ford Ka and try to squeeze it in the boot while their wife sits there silently. That's my experience with eBay anyway.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 3

23 minutes ago, spunko said:

Whichever one you use, the person who will turn up to collect it will be fucking WEIRD and creepy. Probably turn up in a Ford Ka and try to squeeze it in the boot while their wife sits there silently. That's my experience with eBay anyway.

Lol we gave away some rockery rocks on Freecycle. They turned up in a sporty car which was nearly touching the floor when they finished loading it up.

Suspect they never got home.

Might have been an MR2 and about 3 tonnes of rock.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, dgul said:

Ebay will work.

If you just want rid, put it outside on the pavement with a big FREE! sign on it.  It'll be gone in an hour or so.

Yeah the scrappies would have it .. I'd rather it got used for its intended purpose though. :)

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Yeah the scrappies would have it .. I'd rather it got used for its intended purpose though. :)

I'm in the market for a free treadmill, explicitly to not be used for the intended purpose (strip it for the motor). :D

Keep it for now, it may be worth a lot more in a few weeks when all the gym bunnies are having to self-isolate and desperate for their exercise fix. B|

I have a cheapo folding one from Argos. Didn't want to spend much as it was for a specific short-term purpose. Used it over winter while recuperating from a knee strain picked up while out running on the beach (hurdling the beach groynes in freezing temperatures not the best idea in hind sight) to try to maintain some fitness.

To avoid knee pain I made sure I had the seat lower than usual so the legs weren't getting properly extended, then stopped as soon as I could feel any discomfort building up. Gradually built up the time in the seat along with a bit of jogging to assess the knee under normal use until no pain felt.

Seems to have worked, I'm back out running in the fresh air most mornings at sunrise. I think I may be addicted to it. xD

• Agree 2

No idea how best to get rid of it but if it's hurting your knees you probably have the seat at the wrong height - either too high or too low. 

• Agree 1

Cosmic Apple
17 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Lol we gave away some rockery rocks on Freecycle. They turned up in a sporty car which was nearly touching the floor when they finished loading it up.

Suspect they never got home.

Might have been an MR2 and about 3 tonnes of rock.

Put a 2L MX5 engine in the back of a Micra for a eBay guy before. Damn car sat on the engine hoist when I put it in and had to jack it up to get it the hoist out from under the car.

Fortunately the guy had borrowed the Micra :)

Most eBay guys have been cool, and I've sold a lot of collect only car parts (body panels, engines etc). The bad experiences largely had one demographic in common... but I've found they actually respond quite well to a zero fucks given approach.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, jm51 said:

I had one similar to that. I contacted a charity shop that did collections and they sent a van and driver.

British Heart Foundation are good for that, unlike other charity shops they do electrical goods, plus probably one of the better charities to support.

Donate it to the homeless down in cardboard city. They need to keep fit too and exercise is good for mental health.

They can do one of those ride-a-thons on the high street instead of trying to flog The Big Issue.

• Agree 2

Just now, BoSon said:

Donate it to the homeless down in cardboard city. They need to keep fit too and exercise is good for mental health.

They can do one of those ride-a-thons on the high street instead of trying to flog The Big Issue.

I did offer it to someone to do a cyclathon to raise money for breast cancer but the van offer I had fell through.

• 1 month later...
The Masked Tulip
On 06/03/2020 at 15:04, sarahbell said:

I did offer it to someone to do a cyclathon to raise money for breast cancer but the van offer I had fell through.

Red Cross might take it. They do a lot of work with elderly people. It could be useful in one of their centres for getting the aged back out and about.