• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

How would you negotiate the Brexit?

Recommended Posts

So the latest plan is to dump nuclear waste in Europe if the deal goes sour with the EU threatening "ve vill have zee coastguard ready" - news to me that the EU had a coast guard but still.

Now a German MP has piped up that Verhoefstadter scuppered a deal with Cameron to further his own megalomaniac interests and that Barnier wanted to severely punish Britain "pour encourager les autres". The latest demand is that the UK should carry on paying into the CAP, forever.

So is a deal possible? I'm not sure the EU27 are ever going to be aligned enough to agree a deal but maybe it is worth going through the pretence of negotiating anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate this term 'divorce', as though there is a mutually agreeable terms, but if there are problems it is the UK's fault for being the one to want to leave.

It is more like deciding to leave a cult.  It is absolutely in the cult's interests (note, not in the remaining parties, but in the mindset/structure that binds the cult together) to make sure that leaving is the worst experience ever.  It is imperative for the cult to do things like threat shunning.  If you're leaving a cult and a local family see that you're entering a new existence and invite you round for dinner, you don't ask the cult leader it it would be okay to go.  If the cult leadership says that your historically defined contributions to the cult keep on going even though you're not in it anymore, you don't just say 'okay then'.

You know, I was fairly ambivalent about Brexit at the time of the vote -- but now it seems that the cult of the EU is a particularly nasty thing.  Note, not the countries in it, but the structure itself.  A benevolent structure would say 'Okay, off you go.  And, you know what, we'll even be fairly nice to you.  But the EU is such a good thing you know you'll be worse off.'  Instead they're saying 'We're going to make sure it hurts to leave', which suggests to me that there isn't necessarily an obvious benefit to being in it (for the richer countries -- lots of potential benefits to the poorer countries that want to join).

At this stage we're going to be punished whatever we do, just for having the temerity to think about leaving.  If we stay at this point we'll be crucified.  'Luckily' the EU seems to be heading towards its own structural problems (themselves made worse by the UK leaving), which won't actually make things better, but will make the decision to leave easier to bear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a gunboat diplomacy sort of guy.

So i'd mostly be telling them to fuck off, while flying war planes about and having Vanguard class submarines surfacing at politically opportune moments.

To be honest it's probably a good thing that I'm not in charge xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are not leaving. There's a drip, drip of "ooh, isn't the EU great?"  Today it was an EU directive banning card charges. 

 

Tomorrow it will be something else. 

 

I'm sure the media's piece de resistance, that tips us into another referendum, will be amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

I'm a gunboat diplomacy sort of guy.

So i'd mostly be telling them to fuck off, while flying war planes about and having Vanguard class submarines surfacing at politically opportune moments.

To be honest it's probably a good thing that I'm not in charge xD

Not with the size of our current navy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give it a few months and if it continues to look like they aren't going to budge - then commence trade negotiations immediately.

The only reason we aren't doing it is because it's not allowed within EU rules. 

Who cares. We are leaving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be no agreement IMO. Too many people in the EU don't want one. Most notably France because they want a piece of the action in the City, this is part of what Macron's backers were aiming at though as usual they are pretending otherwise. And on this, Germany will back them up. With those two against, nothing will be possible.

Am I the only one that is worried for the U.K.? To my mind some of you should be, other than those who have VERY secure jobs, paid-for homes and food/arms caches hidden on their property. The problems faced by the U.K. are so huge. It's like a list of "what not to do to run an economy".

Inadequate and dishonest politicians with no convictions or motives other than remaining in power. Media that are unable or unwilling to warn the deluded population of what they are really facing. Massively leveraged and financialised economy with a significant proportion of the population dependent on benefits which is being paid for with borrowing. Thousands of immigrants arriving every day, the majority attracted by the benefits and unable to support themselves. Main trading partner in the hands of a cult aiming to punish apostates so trade likely to be massively reduced soon. Dependent on imports for food and energy. 

These are just the additional issues faced by the U.K. alone. Then there are the others faced by everybody - looming technological revolution and accompanying mass unemployment. 

The cliff edge is close now. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

There will be no agreement IMO. Too many people in the EU don't want one. Most notably France because they want a piece of the action in the City, this is part of what Macron's backers were aiming at though as usual they are pretending otherwise. And on this, Germany will back them up. With those two against, nothing will be possible.

Am I the only one that is worried for the U.K.? To my mind some of you should be, other than those who have VERY secure jobs, paid-for homes and food/arms caches hidden on their property. The problems faced by the U.K. are so huge. It's like a list of "what not to do to run an economy".

Inadequate and dishonest politicians with no convictions or motives other than remaining in power. Media that are unable or unwilling to warn the deluded population of what they are really facing. Massively leveraged and financialised economy with a significant proportion of the population dependent on benefits which is being paid for with borrowing. Thousands of immigrants arriving every day, the majority attracted by the benefits and unable to support themselves. Main trading partner in the hands of a cult aiming to punish apostates so trade likely to be massively reduced soon. Dependent on imports for food and energy. 

These are just the additional issues faced by the U.K. alone. Then there are the others faced by everybody - looming technological revolution and accompanying mass unemployment. 

The cliff edge is close now. 

 

 

Pretty much what RN has been saying (especially on the food part)...

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86542

Edited by Dave Beans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, twocents said:

I'd be reasonably happy to see a small period of attempted negotiation, say 2 months.  It'll be impossible to reach satisfactory agreement and the UK should then Just Leave immediately and make preparations so that in  2 years time the paperwork is finished to make it official and final.  I would be happy to see it sooner and even by the end of this year.  

For goodness sake Just Leave.


I think so too.

All this guff about negotiation is nonsense.

The sooner we slam the brakes on non-UK people getting NHS health treatment - or at least do some genuine FOI about it the better.
And housing and benefits and everything else.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would start by telling the huge numbers of people (especially in the media) who bang on about how armageddon is coming to shut the fuck up.

Europe has been very keen to get trade deals with Canada etc.

If we had never been a member of Europe, is it even conceivable that they wouldn't want a trade deal with us, a huge market, on their doorstep?

No it isn't. So stop the bloody pontification and get on with it.

As far as I can see, for a zero tariff trade deal, all that is required is for all parties to agree it is a good idea. The years of work required is drawing up all the specifications and regulations for every single conceivable product that could be traded.

Well guess what. Today, we already have all that done. The day after we leave we will still be 100% compliant. The real hard work is already done.

It could be finalised in weeks if everyone stopped playing bloody games.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Am I the only one that is worried for the U.K.? To my mind some of you should be, other than those who have VERY secure jobs, paid-for homes and food/arms caches hidden on their property. The problems faced by the U.K. are so huge. It's like a list of "what not to do to run an economy".

Yeah, I can't help feeling concerned, and I'm doing the best I can to mitigate any effects but I feel it's effectively pointless. Wife doesn't want to leave the UK, and it may well be too late before she realises how bad it's got. I guess I need to stop thinking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

These are just the additional issues faced by the U.K. alone. Then there are the others faced by everybody - looming technological revolution and accompanying mass unemployment. 

The cliff edge is close now. 

But on the upside Strictly's back in the autumn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

There will be no agreement IMO. Too many people in the EU don't want one. Most notably France because they want a piece of the action in the City, this is part of what Macron's backers were aiming at though as usual they are pretending otherwise. And on this, Germany will back them up. With those two against, nothing will be possible.

Am I the only one that is worried for the U.K.? To my mind some of you should be, other than those who have VERY secure jobs, paid-for homes and food/arms caches hidden on their property. The problems faced by the U.K. are so huge. It's like a list of "what not to do to run an economy".

Inadequate and dishonest politicians with no convictions or motives other than remaining in power. Media that are unable or unwilling to warn the deluded population of what they are really facing. Massively leveraged and financialised economy with a significant proportion of the population dependent on benefits which is being paid for with borrowing. Thousands of immigrants arriving every day, the majority attracted by the benefits and unable to support themselves. Main trading partner in the hands of a cult aiming to punish apostates so trade likely to be massively reduced soon. Dependent on imports for food and energy. 

These are just the additional issues faced by the U.K. alone. Then there are the others faced by everybody - looming technological revolution and accompanying mass unemployment. 

The cliff edge is close now. 

 

 

Britain isolated from the continent of Europe is not exactly a new historical phenomenon is it ?

The UK has been a Ship of Fools for decades now and the EU has not really helped as it has been used by British politicians to cover their own shortcomings for years.

You have correctly identified most of the huge risks facing this country but to be honest these have all largely come into existence during the decades we have been in the EU and when the City of London has been calling the shots on the economy. Given both of these institutions have done nothing to address any of the UKs problems I don't really see the demise of either being anything but necessary. As for the French wanting to gobble up London's financial role they ought to be careful what they wish for 

Too some extent I don't care if the UK economy turns to shit because frankly like a lot of people on Dosbods I am fed up with labouring to carry the innumerable free riders in our society both at the top and the bottom. If it means I have to live on soup and beans as well then I am up for that too. Things can't continue as they are now so the sooner it ends the better. 

As for the Europeans if past history is anything to go by they are not going to stay united on anything for long once we are gone.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Flirtygirty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Flirtygirty said:

Britain isolated from the continent of Europe is not exactly a new historical phenomenon is it ?

The UK has been a Ship of Fools for decades now and the EU has not really helped as it has been used by British politicians to cover their own shortcomings for years.

You have correctly identified most of the huge risks facing this country but to be honest these have all largely come into existence during the decades we have been in the EU and when the City of London has been calling the shots on the economy. Given both of these institutions have done nothing to address any of the UKs problems I don't really see the demise of either being anything but necessary. As for the French wanting to gobble up London's financial role they ought to be careful what they wish for 

Too some extent I don't care if the UK economy turns to shit because frankly like a lot of people on Dosbods I am fed up with labouring to carry the innumerable free riders in our society both at the top and the bottom. If it means I have to live on soup and beans as well then I am up for that too. Things can't continue as they are now so the sooner it ends the better. 

As for the Europeans if past history is anything to go by they are not going to stay united on anything for long once we are gone.

 

 

 

 

I'm very late to this thread, god knows why.  I've run out of reps giving each post a rep.  I could have chosen so many to quote to highlight.  However, flirty here sums up pretty well my view.

 

what I really, really don't understand is given the excellent level of analysis and understanding demonstrated on this thread, is why the hell the establishment has not come to dosbods to work out its vision and negotiating strategy. Idiots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, One percent said:

 

what I really, really don't understand is given the excellent level of analysis and understanding demonstrated on this thread, is why the hell the establishment has not come to dosbods to work out its vision and negotiating strategy. Idiots. 

Making Mrs XYY our Brexit negotiator seemed such a good idea at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if already mentioned (had a few down the local) but I honestly don't give a shit about "Brits" in Europe. Why should I care what rights someone that was born here but now lives and works in France for example has?

If that country values thier input, they will do all they can to let them stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not negotiate with the EU.

I would simply explain the situation to them as simple, and succinctly as possible, in their mother-tongues.

 

kannst du dich bitte schleichen

Di do piči!

Skrid med dig!

Rot op!

Fous le camps

 

Or, in good old-fashioned English - Fuck off...!!!

 

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I would not negotiate with the EU.

I would simply explain the situation to them as simple, and succinctly as possible, in their mother-tongues.

 

kannst du dich bitte schleichen

Di do piči!

Skrid med dig!

Rot op!

Fous le camps

 

Or, in good old-fashioned English - Fuck off...!!!

 

XYY

👍 out of reps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I would not negotiate with the EU.

I would simply explain the situation to them as simple, and succinctly as possible, in their mother-tongues.

 

kannst du dich bitte schleichen

Di do piči!

Skrid med dig!

Rot op!

Fous le camps

 

Or, in good old-fashioned English - Fuck off...!!!

 

XYY

This sums up my feelings succinctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Option5
      Channel 4 have an upcoming feature length "movie" starring Benedict Cumberbatch about the referendum.
      Any predictions on how good or bad it will be and which side it will portray as right/wrong?
    • By Happy Renting
      [Edited]
      There is a danger of a second Referendum where Remain is made a Referenduman option, and the Leave vote split between two options, Deal or no Deal options.
      Unless transferable votes are used (or even if), even a minority of Remainers could win a second Referendum.
      This would tie the Government's hands to negotiate to Remain at any cost. This would be disastrous for the UK.
      Article 50 dictates that we leave on 29 March 2019.
      As this is an Article of a Treaty, it can only be set aside with the unanimous consent of all EU members at the highest level.
      It would only take one EU member to obstruct this to place the UK in an impossible position.
      If we petitioned to Remain, or extend time to negotiate a better deal, I am absoloutely certain that the EU would exploit this to the UK's extreme disadvantage.
      In particular, we would be obliged to join the Euro, as all new EU member states already are.
      Secondly, we would lose our EU rebate, which expires in 2021 anyway. It would not be renewed and we would probably be forced to increase our EU contributions on top of that.
      Additionally, pressure could be exerted by Ireland and Spain relating to the borders or status of NI and Gibraltar.
      The UK's nuclear deterrent could come under the control of an EU-wide military force, and so we could lose overall control of our deterrent. This would conflict with NATO obligations and could paralyze our military options.
      I think we still have vetos on certain other EU policies, which we would be forced to surrender.
      I hear no politicians or journalists telling us this.
      We may be sleepwalking into a disaster.
      The one hope is that with our current political chaos, it will be impossible to organse a second Referendum in time to halt our Leaving.
      Ironically, the longer the disasterous Treason May hangs on, the less likely a Second Referendum to Remain will take place.
      Our best hope now is we stay with this useless crone and grit our teeth for Leaving without a deal - a 'Hard Brexit'. The opportunity for a good deal has been wasted thorugh her utter incompetence.
      I see little prospect of the EU improving the terms for our Leaving. There is little incentive for them to do so.
      After Leaving,  Article 49 would define the process for rejoining and the implications (like joining the Euro) would have to be made clearer to the public.
      TLDR; We are either badly fucked, or really totally fucked.
       
    • By Chewing Grass
      Have decided to boost my larder with extra dried stuff (well stocked with canned) after the weekends scareganda in the media so I can last six weeks without having to fight the local retards in the supermarket for basics.
      Have also added some bagged popcorn to the list as comfort food while I watch the mayhem of the fuckwitts.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.