DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus Mar/Apr 2020 (Part 2)

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Masked Tulip

• onlyme

• twocents

• Democorruptcy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now the PM has admitted this is going to result in a lot of deaths, it seems the time to thank @Vendettafor the thread. People who took it seriously should be a lot better prepared than they woul

How many fucking chickens are coming home to roost here? Globalization. offshore manufacturing of critical goods (inc. medicine). Just in time supply chains. Decimation of health systems. Policing. De

I have decided to temporarily ban a user who has been getting on my nerves for a while and it seems several others, and death threats or wishing death on other members cannot be tolerated. They w

Posted Images

Malthus
Just now, Uptherebels said:

Wonder when this one will get to 500 pages .

By the 500th UK case , this weekend 😜

• Agree 3
  • Lol 2
Green Devil
Just now, Bus Stop Boxer said:

AAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHH!:)

I think the lozenges are better as they sit in the back of your throat and release the zinc there, where it can fight a virus, the disolvable tabs just go into your gut.

• Agree 1
OurDayWillCome

Start the thread with a nice song - it’s actually quite funny!

Edited by OurDayWillCome
  • Agree 3
  • Lol 1
Bus Stop Boxer
15 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I think the lozenges are better as they sit in the back of your throat and release the zinc there, where it can fight a virus, the disolvable tabs just go into your gut.

Makes perfect sense. Ta.

Edit.

I have a supplementary question. Has anyone ever dissolved one of them vit c fizzies in their mouth?

Does it get frothy...

Man?

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer
Covid19 and life to go
4 minutes ago, Uptherebels said:

Wonder when this one will get to 500 pages .

Not when but if.

No posters can't post.

Democorruptcy

@RWJ Re your post inc Penicillin in t'other thread.

I'm allergic to penicillin. I once went to the doctor feeling really ill bad throat/chest. Came out with a prescription and walking across the car park, I thought what's that knocking? Turned around and my Sri Lankan doctor was at his window waving me to come back in. He had prescribed me something with penicillin in it, then noticed after I'd left. I've wondered what he'd have done if I hadn't heard him knocking. We are in safe hands with the NHS? 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Chewing Grass

May as well stick today's Italy graph up as it is nearly a perfect curve.

4000 tomorrow or 3800?

1411898611_italy040320v1.jpg.b900dc3ad7df258b862dcaeb6e40076f.jpg

• Agree 3
  • Informative 3
spunko
Just now, Green Devil said:

Italy closes all schools and Unis. Why the fuck arent we doing the same? Not enough dead yet? Still a few quid left to milk before they lockdown?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51743697

From a selfish POV I hope they close the schools, and offices. It'll be like driving on Christmas Day, or that week in August when everyone goes, away no fuckers on the road. Bliss!

• Agree 6
ashestoashes

@Conniption why not add the acv to the water and then the soda ? the fact it fizzes means somethings reacting and being released as a gas.

Edited by ashestoashes
spunko
Just now, Chewing Grass said:

May as well stick today's Italy graph up as it is nearly a perfect curve.

4000 tomorrow or 3800?

1411898611_italy040320v1.jpg.b900dc3ad7df258b862dcaeb6e40076f.jpg

This is like one of those IQ tests where you have to assess the next in the pattern. My visual assessment reckons about 4200.

Democorruptcy
8 minutes ago, spunko said:

A new thread to carry on from the old one as it got to >500 pages...

Maybe declare a time in advance in future? for people who don't have my disaster and contingency planning of copying a decent sized post before pressing the button. I love it when a plan comes together xD

spunko
1 minute ago, Democorruptcy said:

Maybe declare a time in advance in future? for people who don't have my disaster and contingency planning of copying a decent sized post before pressing the button. I love it when a plan comes together xD

It was meant to be 500 pages, I was toying with the idea of leaving it open for half an hour but saw it was already at way over that. Sorry. I will try to close this one on page 500 :Geek:

Bus Stop Boxer
5 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

@RWJ Re your post inc Penicillin in t'other thread.

I'm allergic to penicillin. I once went to the doctor feeling really ill bad throat/chest. Came out with a prescription and walking across the car park, I thought what's that knocking? Turned around and my Sri Lankan doctor was at his window waving me to come back in. He had prescribed me something with penicillin in it, then noticed after I'd left. I've wondered what he'd have done if I hadn't heard him knocking. We are in safe hands with the NHS? 

Me too. I might get a lanyard made, or tattoo it backwards across my forehead.

• Lol 1
This Time

The Google map is still being updated. The Norbiton travel agent case was added earlier today and the Kingston school case has been added in the last few hours 

M S E Refugee

If there are two strains of the virus that could explain how a couple of people have been infected twice.

• Agree 2
JoeDavola
6 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Italy closes all schools and Unis. Why the fuck arent we doing the same? Not enough dead yet? Still a few quid left to milk before they lockdown?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51743697

Queens Uni has a case.

A postgrad student who was in italy, and has been mixing with other students.

But they're not closing the uni down, or even the buildings where the students mingle. Fucking idiots.

• Agree 2
OurDayWillCome
7 minutes ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

Not when but if.

No posters can't post.

Hey Covid, just found your song:

• Agree 2
Green Devil
1 minute ago, This Time said:

The Google map is still being updated. The Norbiton travel agent case was added earlier today and the Kingston school case has been added in the last few hours 

Link?

Conniption
2 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

@Conniption why not add the acv to the water and then the soda ? the fact it fizzes means somethings reacting and being released as a gas.

either way, really, it all gets mixed and diluted in a matter of seconds, then you drink it down. The fizz reaction isn't important, it's bringing the pH to the middle of the line so it tastes sweet and apple-y and mild instead of CORROSIVE. The reason I put the baking soda into the vinegar is that the reaction tends to dissolve it faster so I have to stir it less.

Vinegar + water tastes: :PissedOff:

Vinegar + water + bicarb tastes: :x

• Agree 1
Bus Stop Boxer

So i have to buy fucking zinc lozenges now do i? Fucking jesus......

Edit

Bought.9_9

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 3