• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus Mar/Apr 2020 (Part 2)

1 hour ago, honkydonkey said:

or just wear a mask. Have you tried adopting a 2m rule around a supermarket? It's impossible.

Mask doesn't stop it entering in through ears and eyes. This is why the medics wear full, sealed hazmat suits.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, man o' the year said:

Downing Street briefing announced at beginning that of 120,776 tests done in Uk 17,089 were positive. I think the fact that these were done by targetting those symptomatic and low positive rate of 14% indicates it is unlikely that a large proportion of the poplation may havebeen benignly infected increasing the herd immunity. only hope is that the tests have been adinistered too late to show postive for antibodies as patients have recovered to extent they are no longer detectable. seems unlikely though.

That test cannot determine if you have had it,it`s and antigen test you have or you don`t have it then add to that the asymptomatic  cases that will never have seen a test ,,,we just don`t know  

Look at Germany close to 1 millon tests 72K positives 325 deaths 

The medical officer also said in that briefing the NHS has been planning for this since January he`s either lying or the NHS is incompetent if they are still short of PPE ,,,,with the caveat maybe half the world has been chasing the same supplies from the same manufactures since January 

Also when asked about the 3 million antibody tests ,,,he said jack shit did not even acknowledge the question

Edited by Long time lurking

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

Coronavirus-7.jpg

These come in the right colours and could be a great replacement if supply is scarce:

http://hum300.tolearn.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/burqa.jpeg

Just now, honkydonkey said:

Ears? Are you sure?

I believe germs can get into the ears, that is why there are hairs in the ears, and they produce wax to protect them.

I would say maybe wear ear plugs if you are worried, but I don't think it would be the main route of entry for covid-19. If there are reports of earache first, then a fever/dry cough I might place more importance on that. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, 201p said:

I believe germs can get into the ears, that is why there are hairs in the ears, and they produce wax to protect them.

I would say maybe wear ear plugs if you are worried, but I don't think it would be the main route of entry for covid-19. If there are reports of earache first, then a fever/dry cough I might place more importance on that. 

Don't think the very detailed video below specifies ears as a risk. Happy to be corrected

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This is the best info I have seen so far about this virus - from a top South Korean doctor on the subject. It is subtitled but it is well worth you listening to what this doctor has to say IMPO.

He talks about the importance of masks, why the West are not using them and, amongst other things, seeing patients apparently having been reinfected.

More specifically. 15:49 the virus cannot go through your ears!

Edited by Bear Hug

wth boots having queues.  Seems they want to lose business to Amazon or maybe banking on all the pensioners bumping up their points balance.  I went online to buy something from boots and was given the same message as up thread with same hour wait wtf  Ended up buying from Amazon (it was something i ordered weeks back from a local shop meant to be in stock only to receive yesterday my order with refund notice for said item). 

So what's boot's game are they genuinely struggling with website volume?  Surely possible to buy extra resources on the fly from google/aws or whatnot?  Totally crazy.

16 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

The medical officer also said in that briefing the NHS has been planning for this since January he`s either lying or the NHS is incompetent if they are still short of PPE ,,,,with the caveat maybe half the world has been chasing the same supplies from the same manufactures since January 

Yes and the Chinese supplier can't manufacture them because their workers are locked down!  I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Yes and the Chinese supplier can't manufacture them because their workers are locked down!  I suppose. 

Even better - a few weeks ago people in the West were organising shipments of masks to China to help out. Lots of info coming out of China that the masks were intercepted by the CCP for use by themselves/police/army.

You cannot make this up.

5 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

I know it's always easy to do someone else's job for them but difficulty with ventilators I get. Relatively complex requiring parts sourced from across the world. 

Masks though? Are we really so far gone that there's no capability to make effective protective masks in the U.K. anymore?

Fucking hell. What have we become? 

I think 3M make FP3/2`s in Gorseinon 

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/03/28/lcbo-store-employee-tests-positive-canadian-covid-19-cases-up-to-4757.html

12:45 p.m. Almost one-third of the people in hospital for COVID-19 are under the age of 40, Canada’s chief public health officer says.

“I am reminding Canadians not to underestimate the severity of this disease,” Dr. Theresa Tam told a news conference Saturday, noting there are now 55 deaths and 5,153 confirmed cases from testing across the country.

4 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

All very predictable...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8163125/Fury-bins-overflowing-DATE-food-bought-coronavirus-frenzy.html

26526502-8163125-image-a-74_158540890576

All the wild animals are going to have a field day with that..multiply that millions of times around the country... Fucking idiots..

Imagine how many people would be grateful for those now. People are despicable - am I allowed to start shooting people yet?