• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus Mar/Apr 2020 (Part 2)

7 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Not sure, I didn't ever go to the doctor with it, but I've been cautious of scratching the inside of my ears ever since.

When I have a problem like that I grab hold of my ear lobe and tug down and out slightly at the same time. This can sometimes dislodge the gunk that has built up in the inner ear and get things flowing again. Second plan is the good old closing my eyes, closing my nostrils with my fingers and blowing my nose gently but continously to try and open up the inner ear to allow drainage.

The Red Cross says that Europe's cities are going to explode in the coming weeks. A report says that many of Europe's cities have marginalised communities.

Surely this should be a Red Crescent report?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1261631/coronavirus-europe-social-unrest-riots-covid19-red-cross-warning

Mr Rocca, who is also president of the Italian Red Cross, said the largest Western cities could see the unrest emerge in just a few weeks time.

The Red Cross chief said many people have been adversely affected by the lockdowns, seeing a huge drop in their income as they are unable to leave home to work.

I know whom they will blame.

Rich protecting themselves in Connecticut.

Update (1412ET): The coronavirus outbreak has pitted many interests against one another in the scramble for resources. But some of the most flagrant examples of communal selfishness so far have occurred in ritzy Connecticut, where a town full of wealthy bankers and doctors shut down a drive thru testing center (well, they stopped it from opening in the first place), and now, Yale University is at the center of a controversy after refusing to allow the town access to any of its (now empty) facilities to help the community fight off the virus.

Last fall, a gang of idealistic Yale students interrupted the Yale-Harvard Game, one of the few traditions that locals actually enjoy, with an lengthy "interruption" to protest climate change, or whatever. But on this issue, they have been oddly silent (maybe because they're all back home living in their parents' basements right now).

One reporter remarked on twitter that this would be an excellent opportunity for Yale alumni to pressure the school into doing the right thing and helping the community.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/spain-reports-deadliest-day-record-japans-abe-promises-unprecedented-stimulus-package

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The Red Cross says that Europe's cities are going to explode in the coming weeks. A report says that many of Europe's cities have marginalised communities.

Surely this should be a Red Crescent report?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1261631/coronavirus-europe-social-unrest-riots-covid19-red-cross-warning

I know whom they will blame.

Shoot them.

Normally there's about 10-20 beggars in the high street. They are largely gone now, because there is next to zero footfall. 

If they don't get this income, what happens next?

2 minutes ago, 201p said:

Normally there's about 10-20 beggars in the high street. They are largely gone now, because there is next to zero footfall. 

I thought that they had been put up in local hotels?

Just now, Dave Beans said:

I thought that they had been put up in local hotels?

Yes I think they have, but they don't have the income levels as before.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Twice. Just to be sure.

We have plenty of bullets just no face masks. Anyway what is few dead rioters if a thousand people a day are dying in a pandemic. We have had 3 Grenfell Towers worth of dead bodies today in the UK.

8 minutes ago, 201p said:

Won’t drug dealers be struggling. Presumably their supply chains must be a problem with so much of the planet locked down.

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

Maybe.

I also wonder if there’ll be unintended consequences further down the line. Less mixing, less general infection and lowering immunity in the population for usual viruses. Could be advantageous for the new virus?

A nation of One Minute Interval Hand Washers, Virus spotters and Two Metre Distancers.

12 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The Red Cross chief said many people have been adversely affected by the lockdowns, seeing a huge drop in their income as they are unable to leave home to work.

At least the Somali's won't riot as most of them don't go to work anyhow.

They were into furloughing before it was fashionable.

8 hours ago, montecristo said:

Assuming the incubation period is 14 days, and that isolation measures have been effective right from day 1 (last Monday), we will not see any resultant fall in the growth rate for another 9 days. By then the fatalities will be about 8000, and only then might the growth start to tail off. So I don't take that 7000 total seriously, unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, 201p said:

The plight of rough sleepers in Wales as services close their doors and streets are left deserted

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/homeless-coronavirus-newport-cardiff-lockdown-17969811

Posted (edited)

"All of my money goes on food and accommodation because I don’t take drugs."

Chinny reckon*.....

On edit - There a very small timeframe and potentially geographical location where this makes sense. I obviously find it hilarious. You bunch of Joeys... 

Edited by Mental Floss

The Chinese were building a large hospital on January 31st. This weekend, 8 weeks later...... the NHS/PHE are rushing through conversion of the Excel centre for 500 beds. Is it official then and contrary to what must have been their belief so far, due to their lack of action, NHS/PHE got it wrong and the virus doesn't swerve around people with a British passport?

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Only 27.

Young dad died three days after falling ill with what he thought was a cold

Thomas Davies was a 'devoted' father to his four-year-old son and 10-day-old baby

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-thomas-davies-anglesey-chef-17995200

from the article.....not confirmed.

“suspected coronavirus symptoms”

Just now, Van Lady said:

from the article.....not confirmed.

“suspected coronavirus symptoms”

I read in another article about a recent death in Wales that autopsies are going to be a minimum of 6 weeks. Which suggests, to me, that they are not going to ever get around doing them. Or intend to leave the bodies for so long that there is no risk of infection.

I imagine a lot of people will die from the virus but there will be no confirmation, just suspicions.

If it was the virus then I hope his young family are not infected. He was also a chef which would raise questions of food handling. Does any of it matter though - we are all going to get it or have to get it.

49 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

So we’re looking at a situation in which the government admits ten billion pounds are needed for essential NHS infrastructure and won’t provide it – and are forcing NHS management to borrow from private finance firms who just happen to be the most important donors to Tory party funds.

Forcing NHS management to borrow money from private finance firms - from private finance firms who are doled out/bailed out with £trillions of taxpayers' and government borrowed money for free.  

1 hour ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Theres that April 12th date again pop pickers.

Yeah but theyll still get the beds and the machines that go ping.

Fucking stupid little cunts.

I`m thinking they are more scare stories to nudge the young into compliance ,could be wrong but you can see a correlation country to country as they go into lock down ,

We were all told the young were not effected before lock down 

Two days in my guess is the young are not playing ball then you get the scare story 

2 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

Not heard of this website before, is it a credible source? Have France's stocks of chloroquine been seized to help make profits for pharma companies?

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/why-france-is-hiding-a-cheap-and-tested-virus-cure/

If that turned out to be true people like Macron would be lynched.

I think the South Koreans and Singapore are the most honest sources of info in all of this. In that video I posted earlier the South Korean doctor said they were investigating the malaria drug.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

The stats can certainly be off as a result but the point stands that, of current patients, a good number are not old farts. 

It`s seems these stories come out a couple of days after lock down ,ditto before 

Edited by Long time lurking

57 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Not sure, I didn't ever go to the doctor with it, but I've been cautious of scratching the inside of my ears ever since.

They say you shouldn’t put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear, so yes, you need to be careful.