DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

EGGS

wherebee

Question

Right, I am going mad. 

I have had 30 years of cooking scrambled eggs, no problem.  All of the sudden, no matter what I do, they are burning on the bottom of the pan.  Steel, normally nothing else sticks.  Cooking on a very low heat.

I add butter and milk first, then the eggs.

WTF am I doing wrong?

8 answers to this question

reformed nice guy
12 hours ago, wherebee said:

Right, I am going mad. 

I have had 30 years of cooking scrambled eggs, no problem.  All of the sudden, no matter what I do, they are burning on the bottom of the pan.  Steel, normally nothing else sticks.  Cooking on a very low heat.

WTF am I doing wrong?

The quality of shop eggs are getting shitter and shitter because it is a race to provide chickens with the minimum amount of feed so that they barely produce an egg with no wasted calories.

If you can, try and find a farm that sells eggs. I would bet that your scrambled eggs would turn out good again without a change in technique.

You will probably have to add in more butter or oil to make up for the lack of 'goodness' in the supermarket eggs

Chewing Grass

Stopped buying cheap supermarket eggs and now use a local free-range supplier I can actually ride my bike past.

The difference in quality and price is absolutely worth it.

Perhaps you're washing the pan too much?

[I understand that classically an 'omelette pan' will be seasoned, and not washed -- perhaps it is the same with scrambled egg?]

Otherwise, not enough butter.

One percent
18 hours ago, wherebee said:

Right, I am going mad. 

WTF am I doing wrong?

You are not using the microwave  :)

5 hours ago, One percent said:

You are not using the microwave  :)

fuck the devils breath machine.

i'll try to find a local farm shop - pretty easy round here...

43 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Being in a kitchen and doing women's work.

You'll be doing the ironing next, you soft cunt...

XYY

Any man who can't cook, and doesn't have a butler, is a failure as a man.  fact.

AlfredTheLittle
5 hours ago, wherebee said:

Right, I am going mad. 

WTF am I doing wrong?

Scramble them more? Surely if you're scrambling them properly they'll be moving around so there won't be a bottom to burn

Archived