• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Crime rates up. Just announced on the So-Called BBC

As per title, from here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40665733

Police carImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES

Violent crime has risen by 18% across England and Wales in the last year, according to new statistics.

The Office for National Statistics also highlighted a rise of 16% for robbery and 14% for sex offences.

The results said the total number of crimes reported to and recorded by the police had gone up by 10% between April 2016 and March 2017.

apolgies for also copying the picture  

anyhow, why is violent crime up by such an amount?  the So-Called BBC for once give no analysis  I wonder why? 

Discuss

Chatting to a plod stats person a few months ago.

EE are responsilbe for most of the violent crimes around the country.

Sure you still get the usual bit of Brit fuckwittery but the number of level of violence involving Poles and Lihtuians, mostly amongst themslves, is eye raising. And thats jus tthe stuff that gets reported.

For a group that is 1/30 (offical figures) or 1/10 (mine guesstimate) thats a huge percentage of crime.

And dont mention the non stop robbery and scams by Balkan Roma.

Before 1950, when we started importing foreign people, there were no crimes at all between 1890 and 1945.

Policeman just told the time, gave directions,  and drank tea.

3 hours ago, MrPin said:

Before 1950, when we started importing foreign people, there were no crimes at all between 1890 and 1945.

To be fair that's all they do now :)

4 hours ago, MrPin said:

This allows the opportunity for the insertion of a truncheon pun.

No point in trying to extrapolate any sort of government figure. This might be conspiraloonery territory... but the government massage the figures and rewrite a crime as a non-crime, or half-crime, to such an extent that nobody really knows the true figures, even at the bloody Home Office.

Look at the crime rate in countries where they DO record them accurately, such as Romania, where rates are between 3x and 10x as high as the UK for most recorded crimes, then hope they suddenly call an end to a life of crime once they see the pearly gates at Dover. Sounds realistic.

What do we make of this one:

Staff members stabbed at Brookwood Cemetery

https://www.964eagle.co.uk/news/local-news/2334616/staff-members-stabbed-at-brookwood-cemetery/

Interestingly, the colour of the suspects is stated.

This is just down the road from me. Fascinating history. I have never visited but might just have to now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookwood_Cemetery

5 hours ago, One percent said:

anyhow, why is violent crime up by such an amount?  the So-Called BBC for once give no analysis  I wonder why? 

Discuss

I think we can assume it's a combination of Brexit and "Tory austerity". 

I see sex offence crimes on trains have doubled in 5 years. "The news" told me it was all down to the victims reporting them more following a campaign to get people to report incidents.

Something fishy here and it's not just a 'refugees' fingers.

Edited by Reck B

15 minutes ago, Reck B said:

I see sex offence crimes on trains have doubled in 5 years. "The news" told me it was all down to the victims reporting them more following a campaign to get people to report incidents.

I remember watching one of those Met Police documentaries on Channel 5, a woman rang 999 after seeing a man "expose" himself to her. Turns out after checking the CCTV he was just having a piss up a tree. Over-eager reporting of certain crimes encouraged by the rabid media plus perma-victim complex that a lot of third-wave feminists support. Possibly.

37 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

No point in trying to extrapolate any sort of government figure. This might be conspiraloonery territory... but the government massage the figures and rewrite a crime as a non-crime, or half-crime, to such an extent that nobody really knows the true figures, even at the bloody Home Office.

Look at the crime rate in countries where they DO record them accurately, such as Romania, where rates are between 3x and 10x as high as the UK for most recorded crimes, then hope they suddenly call an end to a life of crime once they see the pearly gates at Dover. Sounds realistic.

This might be the answer. The crime figures are continually massaged.  However, plod has seen a 30 percent reduction in their budget. Sadiq (my dad was a bus driver) Khan is currently trying to close half the police stations in London to leave only one in each borough. 

It might be plod massaging the figures the other way.  "Look what happens when you decrease our budget". 

34 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Not always fishy.  Here:

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/15387154.Man_suffers___39_appalling__39__sexual_assault_while_sleeping_on_night_tube/

just look how many sexual assaults on the tube reported in the local paper

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/search/?search=Sexual+assault+tube

56 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Frankly, bogus crime figures popped out of a hat, are a bit unconvincing. IMHO there is probably less crime about now than in the 80s.

You clearly have not read my local paper. Or seen my links. O.o

9 hours ago, One percent said:

As per title, from here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40665733

Police carImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES

Violent crime has risen by 18% across England and Wales in the last year, according to new statistics.

The Office for National Statistics also highlighted a rise of 16% for robbery and 14% for sex offences.

The results said the total number of crimes reported to and recorded by the police had gone up by 10% between April 2016 and March 2017.

apolgies for also copying the picture  

Discuss

I thought J Saville commited all UK crime, did it not all stop when he died ? 

Strange 

3 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

What do we make of this one:

Staff members stabbed at Brookwood Cemetery

https://www.964eagle.co.uk/news/local-news/2334616/staff-members-stabbed-at-brookwood-cemetery/

Interestingly, the colour of the suspects is stated.

This is just down the road from me. Fascinating history. I have never visited but might just have to now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookwood_Cemetery

Do you visit many cemeteries...?

No piss-take Cunny - it's recently become a bit of a past-time of Mrs XYY and mine.

The lads at work think we're weird - but the history of your local area is written as well on headstones as any other source.

I live near the 60s "newtown" of Peterlee. The town was named after an early 20th-century local union-leader called Peter Lee.

Last Sunday we found his grave in Wheatly Hill cemetery.

We try to visit a local cemetery every Sunday morning - and it is proving fascinating.

XYY

11 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

No piss-take Cunny - it's recently become a bit of a past-time of Mrs XYY and mine.

The lads at work think we're weird - but the history of your local area is written as well on headstones as any other source.

I live near the 60s "newtown" of Peterlee. The town was named after an early 20th-century local union-leader called Peter Lee.

We try to visit a local cemetery every Sunday morning - and it is proving fascinating.

XYY

You are Dracula and I claim my five pounds. 

More seriously, Highgate cemetery is an interesting visit, bothe the old and new. We had a holiday in Normandy and without planning to, ended up doing the whole d day thing of the beaches and cemeteries. Moving to say the least 

15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Ih look  a Robson,  a Robson, a Robson, an Armstrong....

26 minutes ago, One percent said:

You are Dracula and I claim my five pounds. 

More seriously, Highgate cemetery is an interesting visit, bothe the old and new. We had a holiday in Normandy and without planning to, ended up doing the whole d day thing of the beaches and cemeteries. Moving to say the least 

I knew I was asking for it with that post...! :)

The best grave we've found yet was in Dumfries in 2009.

Robbie Burns - most famous son of the haggis-bashers...!

;)

XYY

Just now, The XYY Man said:

I knew I was asking for it with that post...! :)

The best grave we've found yet was in Dumfries in 2009.

Robbie Burns - most famous son of the haggis-bashers...!

;)

XYY

👍 out of reps. 

The most famous I have found is Dracula in st Mary's churchyard.