DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

In the event of your death from Covid-19

Green Devil

20 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

So whose gonna be first Dosbodder or person you know to get it? Report here. This might give us real facts about the nCov and if its as bad as the swine flu. 

We need to devise a points based risk system.

Smoke - 10 points

Schoolage kids - 5 points per child

Commute by public transport - 10 points

Over 60 - 5 points. Over 70  - 10 points, over 80 - 25 points.

etc. 

Then once devised, we can all work out our points and crown the 'Dosbodder most doomed' 

• Agree 3

Great thread idea, but I'm expecting that no dosbodders will get it. We all have 12 months of food, bunkers, disinfectant, face masks, SPO2 meters and DIY ICUs.

But seriously, yes, I think there is a good chance someone on here will get it.

I'm going into London on Friday by public transport, how many points for that?

• Agree 5

Statistically I work and live in the area most likely to be infected in NI IMO. Even the gym I go is the one that you'll find any Chinese students at.

Surely the high risk areas are:

- hospitals

- schools

- tourist hotspots e.g. hotels

- universities

EDIT: Oh and I live in a block of flats that has a couple of airbnb's in it so there could be fuck-knows-what in the lift when I get into it.

EDIT2: And my local Tescos is right beside Belfast's 'Chinatown'....

Edited by JoeDavola

Hail the Tripod

I have two kids in two different schools and both the wife and I commute to central London by train. My worst habit is that I bite my fingernails compulsively.

My only chance is to catch it early...

• Agree 2

swiss_democracy_for_all

It's me, I should think. 

There's a big outbreak just the other side of Mont Blanc in Northern Italy. Many Italians work in Geneva. I have no doubt the virus is already in Geneva and will show itself soon.

My wife starts a new job in a hospital on 2nd March. I don't know how many points WF wants to give to that particular detail, but I'd say it makes the whole family catching it inevitable. Whether I die from it is another question, I shall remain optimistic on that point until I'm choking on my own body fluids. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

It's me, I should think. 

There's a big outbreak just the other side of Mont Blanc in Northern Italy. Many Italians work in Geneva. I have no doubt the virus is already in Geneva and will show itself soon.

My wife starts a new job in a hospital on 2nd March. I don't know how many points WF wants to give to that particular detail, but I'd say it makes the whole family catching it inevitable. Whether I die from it is another question, I shall remain optimistic on that point until I'm choking on my own body fluids. 

I'm flying to Geneva next week then heading on a bus to a resort just nearby the border with Italy. 

I'm honestly more bothered if it got cancelled. 

• Agree 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
14 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm flying to Geneva next week then heading on a bus to a resort just nearby the border with Italy. 

I'm honestly more bothered if it got cancelled. 

That's correct - you're young, fit and have no dependents. So your chances are as good as anyone and worrying would be pointless. Not everyone is in that situation.

Edit :- Isn't @JFK a nurse or something similar? As UK houses aren't generally equipped with decontamination units any more than Swiss apartments, I'd guess that when Covid19 comes to Manchester, he and his family will be in the same situation as me.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

3 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I'm going to say XYY will get it first. Not because I wish him ill, but if he gets it first he'll beat the living shit out of it for being a poofter and the rest of us can relax after that.

Nah, he will beat it off with the whisky and tabs. 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

12 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That's correct - you're young, fit and have no dependents. So your chances are as good as anyone and worrying would be pointless. Not everyone is in that situation.

Just don't see much point worrying about stuff you can do little about. 

It's still pretty unclear whether this just seems to be dangerous for the elderly / already ill  etc. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I'm going to say XYY will get it first. Not because I wish him ill, but if he gets it first he'll beat the living shit out of it for being a poofter and the rest of us can relax after that.

If the test involves an anal swab, my guess is xyy's doctor will be the first to die from it.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 5

39 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Statistically I work and live in the area most likely to be infected in NI IMO. Even the gym I go is the one that you'll find any Chinese students at.

- hospitals

- schools

- universities

EDIT: Oh and I live in a block of flats that has a couple of airbnb's in it so there could be fuck-knows-what in the lift when I get into it.

Yip stuffed @JoeDavola

Pm me for the details you need for a will , no point letting the cash pile go to family 😜

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Democorruptcy
48 minutes ago, null; said:

Great thread idea, but I'm expecting that no dosbodders will get it. We all have 12 months of food, bunkers, disinfectant, face masks, SPO2 meters and DIY ICUs.

I'm going into London on Friday by public transport, how many points for that?

Yes, I think you are correct. It's very very unlikely. Almost impossible.

Can I have 100/1 at least one gets it, just for "fun"?

45 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I bite my fingernails compulsively.

Me too since childhood.

I also have dermatillomania which is compulsive picking of skin.

Both have gone since I take Kefir every day.

I also feel happier and calmer.

Quite a feat for me especially in these circumstances!

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

45 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

It's me, I should think. 

The chances of the German, Italian and German Swiss mixing is zero I'd say, they hate each other! I reckon you'll be safe :)

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

So whose gonna be first Dosbodder or person you know to get it? Report here. This might give us real facts about the nCov and if its as bad as the swine flu. 

Think I've had it. Went to a Chinese chippy 2 weeks ago and not been the same since. Cough, high temp, can't breath. And my grannies just died. Mind you, they'd just chanted their curry sauce recipe so coulda been that. 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Think I've had it. Went to a Chinese chippy 2 weeks ago and not been the same since. Cough, high temp, can't breath. And my grannies just died. 

Sorry to hear that.

And both together is doubly bad.

(Couldn't help myself, sorry)

• Agree 3

TheCountOfNowhere
2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Sorry to hear that.

And both together is doubly bad.

(Couldn't help myself, sorry)

Don't worry I'll get their houses for my btl empire... Once the care home people and equity withdrawal has Venn squared. 

FFS - someone at other half's work returned from N Italy at the weekend and today says she thinks she has symptoms, sent home.

other staff not happy

Edited by ashestoashes

7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Don't worry I'll get their houses for my btl empire... Once the care home people and equity withdrawal has Venn squared. 

That'll, be zero then.. 

• Agree 1

Horrified Onlooker

As posted elsewhere;

1. Debt laden neighbor sent eldest skiing last week. Bound to be a superspreader!

2. Kids are in 2 schools in the town, and I coach rugby. There are sniffling unhygienic bastards everywhere I look.

3. Mild chronic respiratory ailment puts me in a sweet spot for the virus.

4. The local hospital trust is in special measures....

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, null; said:

I'm going into London on by public transport, how many points for that?

A lot.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

- hospitals

- schools

- universities

Nice knowing you, mate. I hope you’ve got your affairs in order?

• Lol 1