Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

What the fuck do I do about my holiday


stokiescum
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve got just over 2 weeks until I’m due to pay the remainder of my holiday off to Spain that’s about 1400 quid any opinions if I will get my cash back or even manage to get insurance ,I will pay on the credit card but the company could go bust or the airline ffs any opinions we fly the 3rd week of june

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bumbling Bojo isn't going to close the borders or limit travel so I think you'll be fine. Remember how he had to "have a think" about which side of Brexit he was on (apparently, not many people do remember that...)

To be honest if he does stop people going overseas / if Spain block entry then ATOL doesn't cover that, apparently.

Being serious, are able to cancel it? I would probably look for a late deal once this all blows over.

Edited by spunko
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you book it all as one package? If so it’s ATOL protected probably.

If flights and hotel are separate then more tricky.

Most airlines will let you cancel or rebook later for free 

19 minutes ago, spunko said:

To be honest if he does stop people going overseas / if Spain block entry then ATOL doesn't cover that, apparently.

Didn’t know that.

Maybe falls under some kind of force majeure?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sam1994 said:

Did you book it all as one package? If so it’s ATOL protected probably.

If flights and hotel are separate then more tricky.

Most airlines will let you cancel or rebook later for free 

Yes with tui but I’ve got none of the paperwork has I’m going with the sister in law she ironicly works for tui I just don’t trust any fucker lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I’ve got just over 2 weeks until I’m due to pay the remainder of my holiday off to Spain that’s about 1400 quid any opinions if I will get my cash back or even manage to get insurance ,I will pay on the credit card but the company could go bust or the airline ffs any opinions we fly the 3rd week of june

Itll have blown over by then.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JohnThePessimist
1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I’ve got just over 2 weeks until I’m due to pay the remainder of my holiday off to Spain that’s about 1400 quid any opinions if I will get my cash back or even manage to get insurance ,I will pay on the credit card but the company could go bust or the airline ffs any opinions we fly the 3rd week of june

Offer a dozen rolls of loo roll in lieu of payment, and they will have your hand off!

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis

I know somebody due to pay the big money on a cruise having previously paid the deposit.

I have suggested that they give some thought as to whether the company will slash the price of the holiday owing to the current negative publicity so that:

Deposit lost + Full lower price of holiday < Balance imminently payable

It's their call but maybe apply the same logic.

If your lost deposit is 10% can you see the price being slashed by 20% because if so you will be 10% up by cancelling it and rebooking later.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I’ve got just over 2 weeks until I’m due to pay the remainder of my holiday off to Spain that’s about 1400 quid any opinions if I will get my cash back or even manage to get insurance ,I will pay on the credit card but the company could go bust or the airline ffs any opinions we fly the 3rd week of june

You paid 14 hundred quid for two weeks in Spain?  o.O

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If your lost deposit is 10% can you see the price being slashed by 20% because if so you will be 10% up by cancelling it and rebooking later.

You should be an accountant.

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
16 minutes ago, One percent said:

You paid 14 hundred quid for two weeks in Spain?  o.O

Hundred pound a night; sounds fair for a decent place with allinclusive including flights.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Hundred pound a night; sounds fair for a decent place with allinclusive including flights.

I can think of better ways of spending it. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I can think of better ways of spending it. :)

As you're a lyadee you're not going to say cocaine and hookers but I'm not sure I can; bit of warmth, sunshine, swimming, Estrella and relaxed living.

I'll be taking at least one Spanish holiday next year out of season; though whether mainland, Canaries or Balearics I have yet to decide.  Maybe all three!

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

As you're a lyadee you're not going to say cocaine and hookers but I'm not sure I can; bit of warmth, sunshine, swimming, Estrella and relaxed living.

I'll be taking at least one Spanish holiday next year out of season; though whether mainland, Canaries or Balearics I have yet to decide.  Maybe all three!

Ill stick to gin. That buys a lot. :)

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Air Europa are having some good deals where you get a stopover in Madrid, then a long haul final destination, then back to uk. I really quite fancy Quito (Ecuador) 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

covid19 is all over spain at the moment....do you smoke? my neighbour has been on a plane recently, she's not a well woman....

£1400! are you booked into Barcelona's equivalent of the Ritz??? :P

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, confused said:

covid19 is all over spain at the moment....do you smoke? my neighbour has been on a plane recently, she's not a well woman....

£1400! are you booked into Barcelona's equivalent of the Ritz??? :P

Don’t ask why it’s so much lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere

Seems like a lot for a week in Trentham Gardens 

7 hours ago, lid said:

TUI share price down 15% today, will they be around in June ?

Number tui for the execs 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Seems like a lot for a week in Trentham Gardens 

Number tui for the execs 

I used to work at trentham gardens many years ago happy times 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...