DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The Coronavirus Prevention/Survival Thread

JoeDavola

So you've prepped i.e. have food and supplies.

This topic is to discuss further steps that can be done to potentially reduce the chances of catching the virus, or to reduce the severeity if you do come in contact with it i.e. making sure your immune system is as strong as possible.

This will mostly be behavioural steps, or medicine/nutrition.

To start things off, everyone should be taking their Vitimin D every day.

I've read zinc losenges mentioned on multiple sites. And of course Vitimin C.

Any other ideas?

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1

I panic-bought a huge tub of multi mineral and vitamin. A good quality expensive one with decent amounts of stuff in, not yer Boots 3 quid one. I'm thinking if things really do get to the point where you have to eat whatever old crap you can get then still keep properly nourished.

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I panic-bought a huge tub of multi mineral and vitamin. A good quality expensive one with decent amounts of stuff in, not yer Boots 3 quid one.

Brand? I'm wondering if there's a qulaity one available on the high street in somewhere like boots/superdrug/holland and barret....

Send all children to go and live with their grandparents since the schools are closed anyway (well, in Ontario, if not the UK). The wrinklies will be glad to sacrifice themselves to ensure that their grandchildren aren't orphaned.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Brand? I'm wondering if there's a qulaity one available on the high street in somewhere like boots/superdrug/holland and barret....

Costco Kirkland Adult 50+ Mature Multi 400 tablets about 15 quid

I've bought a big bag of NAC (500g) and a nebuliser. I think NAC is your best bet if you end up with cytokine storm. The nebuliser can be used with saline to help with congestion early on and with NAC once you're at the point of considering hospital. From what I've read there is the chance that it will make things worse so might be best saved for a hail Mary. I'll update if I find anything else on that.

• Agree 1

Just now, spunko said:

If I do get it, I'm going to go round to the greedy farmer trying to flog his land for a new town and greet him very enthusiastically.

Don't you also have a long list of nice honest travelling Romany folk you could go and meet?

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, Fischer said:

Just what's needed - another fucking Coronavirus thread.

This'll be the index page in a couple of weeks.

Untitled.thumb.png.03052634bc367d60a8254c1d54c621b0.png

Quiet day at the office?

Or are you self isolating and missing the golf?

PS I like the idea of the hot coronovirus victims. Trots off ...

PS Bloody well done - made me LOL!

• Agree 1

Happy Renting

Eat fresh stuff for as long as you can. Then move on to the frozen stuff (power may fail so use it up) and finally tinned/dried stuff.

Don't stick to this rigidly as the monotony may get to you.

By 'fresh stuff as long as you can', I mean

• when you have some or can obtain some
  • don't hold stuff that will go off before you can eat it, unless you intend to share or barter it
  • when going out to obtain some will not put you in danger or other's health in danger.
  • Agree 5

Green Devil
2 hours ago, Fischer said:

Just what's needed - another fucking Coronavirus thread.

This'll be the index page in a couple of weeks.

Untitled.thumb.png.03052634bc367d60a8254c1d54c621b0.png

Time to get a sub section on the forum on nCov. 

It would be nice to be able to view other section and switch off all the morbid corona stuff death threads when you need to... Pretty please. 

• Agree 2

Kurt Barlow
4 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

So you've prepped i.e. have food and supplies.

This topic is to discuss further steps that can be done to potentially reduce the chances of catching the virus, or to reduce the severeity if you do come in contact with it i.e. making sure your immune system is as strong as possible.

This will mostly be behavioural steps, or medicine/nutrition.

To start things off, everyone should be taking their Vitimin D every day.

I've read zinc losenges mentioned on multiple sites. And of course Vitimin C.

Any other ideas?

The active ingredient in Licorice Glycyrrhizin was found to inhibit SARS which is closely related to COVID. Might as well have a few packs of Bertie Bassetts in the survival pack

Kurt Barlow

Maybe Inosine - its classed as an anti viral but will raise your uric acid levels so watch out gout sufferers.

Its also Neuroprotective - which is why I use it to minimise MS damage to my nervous system. 

Start a duplicate prepper thread?

PS: Hang on, you started both, so I can't be joking (goes off to create a "Post-Virus" thread)!

Edited by Harley

1 hour ago, Happy Renting said:

Eat fresh stuff for as long as you can. Then move on to the frozen stuff (power may fail so use it up) and finally tinned/dried stuff.

Don't stick to this rigidly as the monotony may get to you.

By 'fresh stuff as long as you can', I mean

• when you have some or can obtain some
  • don't hold stuff that will go off before you can eat it, unless you intend to share or barter it
  • when going out to obtain some will not put you in danger or other's health in danger.

Fuck me! A Previous generation defeated Volkswagen with nothing more than powdered egg and no bananas.

• Agree 1

One percent
1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

Time to get a sub section on the forum on nCov. 

It would be nice to be able to view other section and switch off all the morbid corona stuff death threads when you need to... Pretty please. 

I think @spunko  suggested that a few days ago 

OurDayWillCome

What do we do if someone tries to get into your house looking for your stash? Flame thrower? Harpoon? No point having a stash if you can’t protect it!

Gas masks for the family and then release some CS canisters?

Edited by OurDayWillCome
  • Agree 1

One percent
12 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

What do we do if someone tries to get into your house looking for your stash? Flame thrower? Harpoon? No point having a stash if you can’t protect it!

Gas masks for the family and then release some CS canisters?

You have to ask?  Narwhal tusk. 9_9

• Lol 2

Happy Renting
42 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Fuck me! A Previous generation defeated Volkswagen with nothing more than powdered egg and no bananas.

You just try getting a tin of No Bananas now.