DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One-Stop Remedy Shop For the Self-Reliant

Conniption

ramsons.thumb.jpg.b517b8b6c8c1566f8d63b74f2f31f4f1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allium_ursinum

Ramsons are up and raring to go. Identify your plant well by following the guidelines in the article above. If a cop stops you tell him you are on an essential shopping trip. Or better yet, don't talk to cops at all. Or pretend you are deaf. They are the enemy now. Four decades of American cop shows and they are primed to Rambo out.

Ramsons are good in soups, stir-fries, pesto and steamed as a side-dish. Make sure they smell of garlic and you are good to go.

Edited by Conniption
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Bus Stop Boxer
52 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

I've been adding NAC + selenium + molybdenum to my daily vitamin/mineral regimen. It's mucolytic and increases glutathione which is depleted by Coronavirus (apparently). I take it when I drink alcohol too to protect my liver. I order it from America as it's about half the price from Iherb. 

Ive been taking this on and off for a month or so. Have you found yourself barking up clearish phlegm for no apparent reason? What a question!

Just feels like there's a bit of a purge going on down there.

I am left with the feeling when laying face down in bed, and breathing in, that i have an extra tinge of lung capacity.

Im wondering if / hoping its due to this. Dont think i'm imagining it.

Not sure whether to go all in, and take every day as a preventative measure.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Ive been taking this on and off for a month or so. Have you found yourself barking up clearish phlegm for no apparent reason? What a question!

I am left with the feeling when laying face down in bed, and breathing in, that i have an extra tinge of lung capacity.

I'm expecting people to be coughing/sneezing up all kinds of crap as pollution in general reduces.

firstaidkit.thumb.jpg.b8cec5aa99e62f57d057fa4af049a157.jpg

everyone should have a first aid kit around and I highly recommend making your own. Mine:

3M™ Micropore™ Surgical Tape. God bless it. One of the great inventions. Lets a wound breathe, keeps dirt out, does not harm skin when you remove it, dries in minutes. Available on Amazon or eBay. Keep it in a plastic bag to maintain freshness.

Also, colloidal silver, comfrey salve (recipe upthread) various pain relievers, scissors, tweezers, scalpels, surgical thread and needles, isopropyl alcohol, gentian violet, matches, arnica and rescue remedy, trad bandages, ear plugs so I can't hear the screaming and a deck of cards to occupy the time whilst waiting for the ambulance.

Edited by Conniption
  • Agree 1

well i finally got round to my fire cider prep yesterday.  Annoyed having to pay inflated prices for the ACV (probably should have bought in bulk but wasn't sure about storage/ refrigeration - 1l is fine but 5 not so).  Anyway I'm sure Iv'e mucked up quantities especially the ginger think i added 2 cups rather than 1 half and 1 of the horse radish powder.  All the ingredients look very healthy though so as long as after a month i can 1. down it without feeling sick and 2. it doesn't actually make me ill after the fact I'm happy.  Everything was from dried bar the chillies onion and garlic.  Used African birds eye chillies maybe not a huge amount (6/7 very small fresh) but there hot and guess the cayenne will bump up to.  Iv'e since shaken and replaced back in the dark.  DSC_0029.thumb.JPG.edcd00203e4ced4de96fd2a16b20fa30.JPG

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

well i finally got round to my fire cider prep yesterday.  Annoyed having to pay inflated prices for the ACV (probably should have bought in bulk but wasn't sure about storage/ refrigeration - 1l is fine but 5 not so).  Anyway I'm sure Iv'e mucked up quantities especially the ginger think i added 2 cups rather than 1 half and 1 of the horse radish powder.  All the ingredients look very healthy though so as long as after a month i can 1. down it without feeling sick and 2. it doesn't actually make me ill after the fact I'm happy.  Everything was from dried bar the chillies onion and garlic.  Used African birds eye chillies maybe not a huge amount (6/7 very small fresh) but there hot and guess the cayenne will bump up to.  Iv'e since shaken and replaced back in the dark.  DSC_0029.thumb.JPG.edcd00203e4ced4de96fd2a16b20fa30.JPG

well it looks great to me! correct colour, floaty bits, I think you are going to be most pleased when it reaches maturity. Just remember to dilute, dilute, dilute.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

I've had a lot of success with this simple recipe for nettle soup:

https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/nettle-soup

thanks going to try this one.  I think nettles are one if not only plant I feel confident picking by myself.  And basically everywhere too.  I linked to a video before from a youtube  channel crime pays botany doesn't.  I so envy the guys ability to go anywhere in the world and decipher what type of plants are out there what's edible etc.  Something I have been talking up for years - getting more familiarity and usage from wild fruit and plants.  Whilst a city boy I did have ample opportunity through camping or rural visits to learn more but really apart from a novel nettle tea once or using dock leaves when getting stung it's passed me by.

channel;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3CBOpT2-NRvoc2ecFMDCsA

cute rescue coyote;

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2020 at 14:01, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Yes I currently have a bacterial cough and the NAC combo has really been helping bring up the green stuff (sorry for the tmi). I take the minimum dose every day but probably will stop taking it once my cough is gone.

https://uk.iherb.com/pr/doctor-s-best-nac-detox-regulators-60-veggie-caps/41653

• Agree 1

Bus Stop Boxer
14 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

Yes I currently have a bacterial cough and the NAC combo has really been helping bring up the green stuff (sorry for the tmi). I take the minimum dose every day but probably will stop taking it once my cough is gone.

https://uk.iherb.com/pr/doctor-s-best-nac-detox-regulators-60-veggie-caps/41653

Im not taking every day, but i think that is what makes it noticeable when i do.

Its defo clearing some tubes out.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

I found the turmeric in my cupboard today, so tried some, 1/4 tsp in a glass of water, not bad, drinkable, but needed a little something else.

I added a slice of lemon, but still needed more, aha, why not use tonic water. Perhaps add some ice. Much better but still missing something … reached for the gin.

Very pleasant drink, and I can report that after 3 doses I'm feeling very happy now.

Novelty ice optional -

image.thumb.png.7ec4f60ca34bbc9d3d0b750b98000c2d.png

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

Chewing Grass

Got a problem with my big toe-nail, really needs either removing or cutting right back.

Can't do it with scissors as its left toe and I'm right handed and the curve on the blades is the wrong way.

God knows when the chiropodists will re-open and Mrs Chewy is completely cack-handed.

Have ordered a cordless dremel thing with some diamond grit tooling so will grind the bastard back - hopefully relatively painlessly.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Have ordered a cordless dremel thing with some diamond grit tooling so will grind the bastard back - hopefully relatively painlessly.

I interned with a podiatrist/surgeon for a year and that's the way he did it. Mainly on old people's thick fungussy toenails. Grody but affective. Wear a dust mask when you do it, you don't want that keratin cloud sitting in your lungs and never breaking down, particularly if you have fungus in your nails.

Don't grind down the top surface of your nails—it will leave them open to infection. If you do have fungus, soak your feet in ACV. Here's the advice I gave another dosbodder: pour live Apple Cider Vinegar in a small pan and soak your feet every day for a fortnight for thirty minutes. Use the same ACV. It will get cold but grit your teeth and stick your feet in and soak. pat them dry, don't rinse and put on cleans socks. Do a boil wash on all socks, towels and bedding so you do not re-infect yourself. 

Two weeks should be enough time to penetrate deep into the nail bed to get the problem sorted at the source. If not, give yourself another fortnight. Eventually you will grow pink, soft, flexible new nails.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

@Conniption I'm curious/would like your advice re homeopathy. A while ago I bought a homeopathic remedy from Helios that was recommended by a homeopath I had a consulation with. 

I took it as per instructions but felt no effect. This is more of an obscure remedy but I found the whole thing intriguing. I would really like to try it again. Can you give any advice on why homeopathic remedies might not work? I know a lot of people think it is snake oil but I found the whole history and science behind it quite fascinating. 

2 hours ago, HolyCow said:

@Conniption I'm curious/would like your advice re homeopathy. A while ago I bought a homeopathic remedy from Helios that was recommended by a homeopath I had a consulation with. I took it as per instructions but felt no effect.

you 
:
1. may have been misdiagnosed

2. were seeking a remedy for a problem issue yet missed/overlooked the source reason causing the problem.

Diagnosing correctly is everything in homeopathy so seek another homeopath till you get a good fit.

That said, there are several universal remedies you can try that may suit something on the order of 90% of complaints. Two of these are hepar sulph, the 'full-spectrum antibiotic' of homeopathy and arnica, the one size-fits-all kick-start for healing after a bruising injury or muscle strain—any sudden-onset ouch moment calls for arnica. If you are on the fence about the efficacy of homeopathy I think you may be amazed by the results of these two remedies alone.

This is more of an obscure remedy but I found the whole thing intriguing. I would really like to try it again. Can you give any advice on why homeopathic remedies might not work? I know a lot of people think it is snake oil but I found the whole history and science behind it quite fascinating. 

the reason homeopathy has such instant and beautiful results with children and animals is because they have not developed resistance to the concept in itself and are more open to wonder and apt to find joy rather than dread in any new experience. They have not collected and polished armour against disappointment (known as cynicism, epidemic in these days as in any dying Empire like ours) and are therefore easier to reach and transform with a subtle remedy like homeopathy.

you may find this remedy finder amusing and it's certainly cheaper than a consultation, though a bit Byzantine:

https://abchomeopathy.com/

My questions for you:

Do you taste well?
How's your sense of smell?
Have you known great sorrow in your life?
Do you have vivid dreams?
Can you recall them in detail?

If your answers to my questions above are Not really, not so good, yes indeed, not at all and never then you have too much armour on. Get softened up a bit. Stop being afraid to be hopeful lest you are disappointed. Go back a page and read the few lines I wrote about meditation. Do a search for 'still tied to the dock' - you'll find it. Or wait, I will fetch it for you:

Meditation

If you watch tv, if you attended taxpayer-funded school, if you once had faith in your government and major media, then it’s guaranteed your mind has been chopped up, stamped on and re-formed like a chicken nugget. Finding deliverance and freedom from that level of mindfuckery is entirely up to you. This is when you would be well-advised to start thinking like a sculptor and begin to chip away the parts that no longer serve you.

The practice of meditation exposes and discards every ingrained thought form imposed upon you by your mother, the military, the media, the monastery... every human or institution bent on making you think a certain way has done so for one reason: to compel you to quickly and efficiently do their will and not yours. Taking a daily deliberate interval of meditation develops your skill at pressing the pause button on the bullshit barrage of life.
In the west, the practice of meditation has endured massive amounts of subtle and not-so-subtle ridicule … why?

Because it’s bad for business.

Close the curtains and dim the room. Kill the phone. Minimise any electrical fields and high-frequency buzzing noises by turning off your computer and television. Don’t skimp—no matter how long your rope is, you’re not actually sailing if you’re still tied to the dock.

Volumes have been written about meditation, and down through the centuries many teachers would have you believe it takes a lifetime to achieve mastery, but every version boils down to this:

for a space of time you will aim to allow
the same state of physical relaxation
you achieve naturally every time
you go to sleep, yet maintain
total awareness throughout.

That’s it, just find somewhere comfortable, lie down, breathe regularly, relax completely and stay awake. That is meditation.

Your professed curiosity about this science is the clearest indication that this is right for you, all we have to do is make you fully receptive without fear of disappointment.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

12 hours ago, Conniption said:

you 
:
1. may have been misdiagnosed

2. were seeking a remedy for a problem issue yet missed/overlooked the source reason causing the problem.

Diagnosing correctly is everything in homeopathy so seek another homeopath till you get a good fit.

That said, there are several universal remedies you can try that may suit something on the order of 90% of complaints. Two of these are hepar sulph, the 'full-spectrum antibiotic' of homeopathy and arnica, the one size-fits-all kick-start for healing after a bruising injury or muscle strain—any sudden-onset ouch moment calls for arnica. If you are on the fence about the efficacy of homeopathy I think you may be amazed by the results of these two remedies alone.

the reason homeopathy has such instant and beautiful results with children and animals is because they have not developed resistance to the concept in itself and are more open to wonder and apt to find joy rather than dread in any new experience. They have not collected and polished armour against disappointment (known as cynicism, epidemic in these days as in any dying Empire like ours) and are therefore easier to reach and transform with a subtle remedy like homeopathy.

you may find this remedy finder amusing and it's certainly cheaper than a consultation, though a bit Byzantine:

https://abchomeopathy.com/

My questions for you:

Do you taste well?
How's your sense of smell?
Have you known great sorrow in your life?
Do you have vivid dreams?
Can you recall them in detail?

If your answers to my questions above are Not really, not so good, yes indeed, not at all and never then you have too much armour on. Get softened up a bit. Stop being afraid to be hopeful lest you are disappointed. Go back a page and read the few lines I wrote about meditation. Do a search for 'still tied to the dock' - you'll find it. Or wait, I will fetch it for you:

Meditation

If you watch tv, if you attended taxpayer-funded school, if you once had faith in your government and major media, then it’s guaranteed your mind has been chopped up, stamped on and re-formed like a chicken nugget. Finding deliverance and freedom from that level of mindfuckery is entirely up to you. This is when you would be well-advised to start thinking like a sculptor and begin to chip away the parts that no longer serve you.

The practice of meditation exposes and discards every ingrained thought form imposed upon you by your mother, the military, the media, the monastery... every human or institution bent on making you think a certain way has done so for one reason: to compel you to quickly and efficiently do their will and not yours. Taking a daily deliberate interval of meditation develops your skill at pressing the pause button on the bullshit barrage of life.
In the west, the practice of meditation has endured massive amounts of subtle and not-so-subtle ridicule … why?

Because it’s bad for business.

Close the curtains and dim the room. Kill the phone. Minimise any electrical fields and high-frequency buzzing noises by turning off your computer and television. Don’t skimp—no matter how long your rope is, you’re not actually sailing if you’re still tied to the dock.

Volumes have been written about meditation, and down through the centuries many teachers would have you believe it takes a lifetime to achieve mastery, but every version boils down to this:

for a space of time you will aim to allow
the same state of physical relaxation
you achieve naturally every time
you go to sleep, yet maintain
total awareness throughout.

That’s it, just find somewhere comfortable, lie down, breathe regularly, relax completely and stay awake. That is meditation.

Your professed curiosity about this science is the clearest indication that this is right for you, all we have to do is make you fully receptive without fear of disappointment.

Thanks for such a lengthy response. Lots to think about. Thank you again. I may pm you with more questions if you don't mind, but if you do no worries. Very eye opening and thought provoking answers!

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

Thanks for such a lengthy response. Lots to think about. Thank you again. I may pm you with more questions if you don't mind, but if you do no worries. Very eye opening and thought provoking answers!

I don't mind a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

So reading up on HCQ and every study not combining it with zinc which is the whole fucking point, I started looking into zinc ionophores other than what has been widely discussed.

It looks like quercetin has this effect also, this is naturally available in many foods but also as a supplement. We're probably talking minor doses in the supplement to what is required, especially as a cure but it might be worth looking into, or at least bringing more of these foods into your diet as a preventative. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercetin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionophore

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083F34SVQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

• 10 months later...
Dogtania
On 18/03/2020 at 16:30, Conniption said:

Coronapocalypse Cookery: The Laziest and Most Satisfying Bread in the World

bestloaf.thumb.jpg.55efb50559666bfe869e46881eac00f6.jpg

Another one-pot, low-tech wonder, this recipe will yield the open-hole structure and backbone of any of the best rustic breads, all it takes is ten times the rising time and one-tenth the labour to achieve.

400 g bread flour, plus more for the work surface
1 g instant yeast
8 g salt
300 g water

1. In a large bowl combine flour, yeast and salt. Add the water, and stir until blended; dough will be shaggy and sticky. Cover bowl with cling film and let it rest for 18 hours in a warm kitchen, 24 hours in a cold kitchen.

2. Lightly flour a work surface and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold it over on itself once or twice, then shape it into a ball with folded side down

3. Generously coat a non-terrycloth tea towel with flour, then transfer the dough seam-side-down and dust with more flour. Cover with another cotton towel and let rise for about 2 hours. When it is ready, dough will be more than double in size and will not readily spring back when poked with a finger.

4. At least a half-hour before dough is ready, heat oven to 230 C. Put a 6- to 8-quart heavy pot with a lid on it (black cast iron, enamelled cast iron) in oven as it heats. When dough is ready, carefully remove pot from oven. Slide your hand under towel and turn dough over into pot, seam side up; it may look like a mess, but that is O.K. Shake pan once or twice if dough is unevenly distributed; it will straighten out as it bakes. Cover with lid and bake 30 minutes, then remove lid and bake another 15 to 30 minutes, until loaf is beautifully browned. Carefully turn out of the blazing hot pan and cool on a rack or just tear into it right away.

Your new best friend, a six or eight quart cast iron dutch oven—Lodge, Staub, Le Creuset are all good brands but many no-name vintage ones can be had on eBay, as well:

do.jpg.e6174c91a129780cc786d0346492da25.jpg

Finally got round to trying after getting a cast iron recently.  It's a smaller casserole so halfed the quantities but will probably do 2/3rd's next time.

The crust and crumb turned out better than I hoped and really no work other than the planning it a day in advance 😎

Yes plastic board old habits die hard I'm probably getting my quota of plastics too 

Screenshot_20210306-125311.png

Screenshot_20210306-125412.png

Screenshot_20210306-125423.png

Screenshot_20210306-125336.png

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 3

Conniption
50 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Finally got round to trying after getting a cast iron recently.  It's a smaller casserole so halfed the quantities but will probably do 2/3rd's next time.

The crust and crumb turned out better than I hoped and really no work other than the planning it a day in advance 😎

Yes plastic board old habits die hard I'm probably getting my quota of plastics too 

Screenshot_20210306-125311.png

Screenshot_20210306-125412.png

Screenshot_20210306-125423.png

Screenshot_20210306-125336.png

That looks great, you should be proud!

• Cheers 1

King Penda
On 27/03/2020 at 14:19, Conniption said:

firstaidkit.thumb.jpg.b8cec5aa99e62f57d057fa4af049a157.jpg

everyone should have a first aid kit around and I highly recommend making your own. Mine:

3M™ Micropore™ Surgical Tape. God bless it. One of the great inventions. Lets a wound breathe, keeps dirt out, does not harm skin when you remove it, dries in minutes. Available on Amazon or eBay. Keep it in a plastic bag to maintain freshness.

Also, colloidal silver, comfrey salve (recipe upthread) various pain relievers, scissors, tweezers, scalpels, surgical thread and needles, isopropyl alcohol, gentian violet, matches, arnica and rescue remedy, trad bandages, ear plugs so I can't hear the screaming and a deck of cards to occupy the time whilst waiting for the ambulance.

Superglue for bad cuts

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Superglue for bad cuts

Keep liquid skin and wound closure strips too. They were a Godsend when 86yo dad fell and gashed his forehead last summer. The NHS failed to send an ambulance and we had to treat him as well as we could.

Edited by tlc
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
Conniption

Since it is human nature to think if a little is good, more must be great, I have avoided ’til now recommending anything in this thread that people might overdose on. That was then, though, and I cannot in good conscience refrain from mentioning three miracle remedies.

This 'deeper knowledge' comes with a price of time investment on your part since they require some study to apply with efficacy, but the world is looking not only like anything goes but that anything can go away in a future where big Pharma makes all the policy decisions. Investigate the following remedies and make an informed decision regarding whether or not they will serve you before we no longer have the option to exercise our own health freedom of choice.

The first is Chlorine Dioxide:

articles:
alive and healthy

don't bother looking on youtube, they have censored all positive videos. Instead, read these excellent testimonials:

https://mmstestimonials.co/

The people I buy from:
fave ebay seller

The remedy method:
One drop from each bottle in a clear drinking glass. Turn the glass so they mix. Wait 30 seconds for the two drops to turn amber-coloured, then add four ounces of distilled water and swirl to mix. Drink. This remedy floods the cells with oxygen. It is not bleach. Repeat three times a day, equally spaced and between meals.

Chlorine Dioxide is what the left-wing media went so mad over; Trump misheard in the press conference and asked if the recommendation was to 'inject bleach.' You know the rest. Chlorine Dioxide is censored because it works.

cd.jpg.f5bb89993c0238fb82e36499103e801a.jpg

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 2