DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

How long til lockdown

Green Devil

How long will the current lockdown last?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Green Devil

As title. I reckon when schools break up for Easter. Or will it not happen aka herd immunity. Discuss

Edited by spunko
adding poll
  • Agree 3

How will they enforce it? Not enough coppers to patrol constantly and not enough army to delegate it to. Rely on neighbourhood watch jobsworths bleating about how stepping outside will bring on the apocalypse?

I intend continuing my mostly daily early morning run. Try and catch me rozzers! They can do a Hot Fuzz sequel. xD

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, BoSon said:

How will they enforce it? Not enough coppers to patrol constantly and not enough army to delegate it to. Rely on neighbourhood watch jobsworths bleating about how stepping outside will bring on the apocalypse?

I intend continuing my mostly daily early morning run. Try and catch me rozzers! They can do a Hot Fuzz sequel. xD

They'll not.  Most things will be closed so most people will stay home.   

Panic buying may even slow down as people aren't going to/from work - so don't just pop in to grab a few extra supplies.  

Green Devil
9 minutes ago, BoSon said:

They've already said exercise in isolation is OK. I doubt that will change. As feed says, it'll be a forced shutdown of everything other than food stores. Quite easy for plod to give tickets to people on the spot or shops staying open. Just put a few in the towns. 

If they make it an on the spot 200 fine, that should stop movement in its tracks. The sheep will comply. 

Hopefully the supermarkets will get on top of stock levels so even if forced to stay at home except for going to the shops there will be stuff available to buy.

I had a flyer through the letterbox yesterday from my local Morrisons saying that click and collect was now available (for free! Some charge for that? O.o) and a fiver off if ordering over a certain value. I expect those slots will be rationed like the delivery ones by nature of limited availability but it beats traipsing around a store to find the shelves mostly empty anyway.

• Agree 2

TheNoSnowMan

I'm in agreement that there won't be a lockdown as they've no means to enforce it. Attempting to do so would expose the masses to how little enforcement the government really have.

Social unrest anyone?

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, Green Devil said:

They've already said exercise in isolation is OK. I doubt that will change. As feed says, it'll be a forced shutdown of everything other than food stores. Quite easy for plod to give tickets to people on the spot or shops staying open. Just put a few in the towns. 

If they make it an on the spot 200 fine, that should stop movement in its tracks. The sheep will comply. 

For now.  I think Spain, Italy and other worse affected at the moment are dishing out penalties if caught outside without a good reason beyond going to work or the shops. Though they may not be enforcing it just using it as a stick if people take the piss too much.

If caught without ID and no method of payment how does on the spot fines work? They give you her majesty's b&b until you decide to pay?

9 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

If they make it an on the spot 200 fine

According to the Telegraph it is going to be £1000 for any old folk found out of their houses without a chaperone..

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

According to the Telegraph it is going to be £1000 for any old folk found out of their houses without a chaperone..

won't work.  as usual, the very people who will break curfew are the twats for who a fine is meaningless, as they have no money anyway.

Make it a round to the back of the head, and they might stop.

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

won't work.  as usual, the very people who will break curfew are the twats for who a fine is meaningless, as they have no money anyway.

Make it a round to the back of the head, and they might stop.

I think there was also an option to lock them up and give them a good drubbing (for their own protection) instead.

• Lol 1

Caravan Monster

Just had the old dear panicking because over 70s have been instructed by the government via the So-Called BBC to self isolate for 12 weeks from the weekend.

• Agree 1

Bedrag Justesen
12 minutes ago, wherebee said:

What happens with homeless people ?

• Agree 1

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

As title. I reckon when schools break up for Easter. Or will it not happen aka herd immunity. Discuss

Schools by friday.

• Agree 3

reformed nice guy

Foreign office advises against non essential travel

Corona may have done more to reduce immigration than multiple Tory governments!

• Agree 8

1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

Stupid idea. 

Just isolate the vulnerable and let everyone else get on with it. If you want to sit at home and slowly go bankrupt then that's your lookout. Stopping the economy could kill far more than the virus.

If there was a global elite plan to do a massive reset of all that debt once they've got all the assets on the cheap then this seems a good way of going about it. :ph34r:

• Agree 7

Bus Stop Boxer
6 minutes ago, BoSon said:

If there was a global elite plan to do a massive reset of all that debt once they've got all the assets on the cheap then this seems a good way of going about it. :ph34r:

Johns Hopkins worldwide death toll is 7330. Since December.

Obvs subject to Chinas BS. figures.

All eyes on Italy for verification.