Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Coronavirus - Collapsed Company Thread


RWJ
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Generation Game
11 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

rolls royce share price halved over last 6 months, airlines saying they're going bust, could be vulnerable to takeover/part nationisation

Successfully converting production lines to manufacture the "Ventilator Evoque" could help them out. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ashestoashes
1 minute ago, The Generation Game said:

Successfully converting production lines to manufacture the "Ventilator Evoque" could help them out. 

wrong industry and company, but yes a Trent ventilator 1000 would cure most breathing problems

  • Agree 5
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bollocks to it being blamed on coronavirus. They had been in trouble for years and were on about collapsing at Christmas before anyone had even heard the word "chinavirus"...

I do think the brand itself is worth something though, and someone will buy it out of liquidation for a knockdown price and get a steal. If I had £1m or so I'd probably consider buying it, home furnishings are profitable.

If it were run properly as an online-only outfit with decent British made items (like it used to be) then it could be very profitable. The problem is they chased Chinese production and their customer service wasn't aligned to a "premium" retailer, i.e. it was shit. 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don Coglione

Hopefully this will flush away all the non-companies that have sprung up on the back of cheap credit, bored husbands and anti-depressants.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Virgil Caine

A bit like very elderly humans the Coronavirus is finishing off a few companies that have been on life support for years.

Edited by Virgil Caine
  • Agree 2
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, spunko said:

Bollocks to it being blamed on coronavirus. They had been in trouble for years and were on about collapsing at Christmas before anyone had even heard the word "chinavirus"...

I do think the brand itself is worth something though, and someone will buy it out of liquidation for a knockdown price and get a steal. If I had £1m or so I'd probably consider buying it, home furnishings are profitable.

If it were run properly as an online-only outfit with decent British made items (like it used to be) then it could be very profitable. The problem is they chased Chinese production and their customer service wasn't aligned to a "premium" retailer, i.e. it was shit. 

 

I think their furniture is all made in Wales not sure about their textiles/wallpaper. They've been going out of business for 20 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightly Toasted
On 17/03/2020 at 16:09, Soft lad said:

Coronavirus: 'We have gone from £140,000 a year to nothing'

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51916177

So it's a recruitment agency.

https://www.urbanberry.co.uk/

Such a thing might have economic value when times are good, but it's hardly a big deal to let this one go bust and allow its replacement to rise (with the same two principals, perhaps) if the travel recruitment sector ever picks up.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/03/2020 at 12:59, ashestoashes said:

rolls royce share price halved over last 6 months, airlines saying they're going bust, could be vulnerable to takeover/part nationisation

Not a chance of ROLLS ROYCE going bust - even if Boeing (major client) does. 

US government will step in and prop up Boeing with $60bn.

RR will make shedloads of cash long term - engine servicing contracts.

Same happened when they had the pension crisis years ago.

RR are a bargain. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ashestoashes
6 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Not a chance of ROLLS ROYCE going bust - even if Boeing (major client) does. 

US government will step in and prop up Boeing with $60bn.

RR will make shedloads of cash long term - engine servicing contracts.

Same happened when they had the pension crisis years ago.

RR are a bargain. 

 

it's the airlines that the service contract is with and they're going bankrupt

know a senior manager who's worried about his job there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

it's the airlines that the service contract is with and they're going bankrupt

know a senior manager who's worried about his job there

Bailouts across the board. 
 

Nothing to worry about. 
 

Moral Hazard ignored....innit...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ashestoashes
3 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Bailouts across the board. 
 

Nothing to worry about. 
 

Moral Hazard ignored....innit...

not something that bailouts will fix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...