DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Housebuilders and coronavirus

spunko

Where do you see house prices in April 2021 compared to now?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Castlevania
9 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Builders getting hit again yesterday and today.

That’s despite that it looks like the changes to Help to Buy (only available to first time buyers, regional price caps) will be postponed.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sancho panza
11 hours ago, Castlevania said:

That’s despite that it looks like the changes to Help to Buy (only available to first time buyers, regional price caps) will be postponed.

I saw Berkeley were still £37 quid.La Pidge was bailing at that price two years back,wonder how much hes got left?

Edit to add:looking at the FTSE there's stil a lot of shares with a long way to hit bottom yet,eg Ferguson

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 08:36, Bricks & Mortar said:

If they need nationalised, it'll be social houses all the way.    Government need people back to work, paying taxes is all they're good for. 
Until they can engineer a virus to take out the unemployed, of course. 

Problem is 46% of global wealth was owned by 0.7% of the population in 2018.. 

0.7% of the population now own 56% of global wealth..

With all this new printed money being created, most of it will flow into the pockets of the 0.7%

So the world is going to be owned by that 0.7%.. The world will be privately owned..

With that much money and power we no longer have democracy.. All governments are effectively puppets for the 0.7%

Also with automation how long will they need or want us? What's the point in tax when they can just print the money they want..

The richer they become the more of a threat we are to them..

99.3% of us share 100% of global debt but only 44% of global wealth and getting smaller..

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, macca said:

Problem is 46% of global wealth was owned by 0.7% of the population in 2018.. 

0.7% of the population now own 56% of global wealth..

With all this new printed money being created, most of it will flow into the pockets of the 0.7%

So the world is going to be owned by that 0.7%.. The world will be privately owned..

The next thing required is to stop the scum from flying around the world and polluting all the nice places left where the 0.7% want to go.

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

The next thing required is to stop the scum from flying around the world and polluting all the nice places left where the 0.7% want to go.

1993.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/04/2020 at 09:25, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The house builder have shot up the last couple of weeks.

Wonder why that is.............................

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/18410932.almost-500-empty-new-build-homes-wokingham-borough/

"Almost 500 empty new-build homes in Wokingham borough"

I am surprised that figure is as low as it is quite honestly. Unoccupied new builds are all over the place priced at six figures. Who's going to buy them? Oh yes maybe that EE who works in Costa,  oh wait...

TheCountOfNowhere
2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/18410932.almost-500-empty-new-build-homes-wokingham-borough/

"Almost 500 empty new-build homes in Wokingham borough"

I am surprised that figure is as low as it is quite honestly. Unoccupied new builds are all over the place priced at six figures. Who's going to buy them? Oh yes maybe that EE who works in Costa,  oh wait...

Average price ?

Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Average price ?

I don't keep an eye on local house prices like I used to but reckon 300K would buy you something really basic 1 or possibly 2bed flat. You want 500K for anything reasonable. That's pre-virus asking prices mind.

My commute into Bracknell takes me past loads of empty-looking new builds. I noticed for a while going back to last year they weren't chucking them up as quickly as usual either; for example some Redrow houses and flats just a couple of blokes in hard hats pottering around the site on nice sunny days. They seem to have finished most of them and there is a sign outside the showhouse "buy a house for £162 per week" which no doubt means HTB or shared ownership or some other dodge.

7 hours ago, Funn3r said:

I don't keep an eye on local house prices like I used to but reckon 300K would buy you something really basic 1 or possibly 2bed flat. You want 500K for anything reasonable. That's pre-virus asking prices mind.

My commute into Bracknell takes me past loads of empty-looking new builds. I noticed for a while going back to last year they weren't chucking them up as quickly as usual either; for example some Redrow houses and flats just a couple of blokes in hard hats pottering around the site on nice sunny days. They seem to have finished most of them and there is a sign outside the showhouse "buy a house for £162 per week" which no doubt means HTB or shared ownership or some other dodge.

Where abouts in Bracknell are slaveboxes NOT going up at a rate of knots?

If you drive past the Waitrose depot up to Binley, that entire area (fields 3-4 years ago) is some new slavebox megatown. It's fucking horrible - no offence to any DOSBODS who might live there...

Edit: might be Binfield I can't remember. It's as you're going towards Wokingham before the M4 turning.

Literally nothing there, nothing to do except go to haute couture hangouts like the KFC or Toby Carvery. Have to drive everywhere, no parks, no recreation, and this story is repeated across the SE. A slavebox sprawl estate went up here, they built a Beefeater identikit fake pub with plastic picket fencing and a fake chimney breast, and that's literally it.

Archived