Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Big queues at.....Ocado !!!


TheCountOfNowhere
 Share

Recommended Posts

TheCountOfNowhere

Not see this before, an online queue

https://www.ocado.com/

You are in a virtual queue

Please wait here - don’t close or refresh this page.

You are position 12689 of 13119. Your wait time will be more than two hours.

 

 

 

Sorry for the wait. Demand is very high at the moment so you may have to wait a little longer than usual to access the website.
We have no new delivery slots for the next few days so please only wait if you are trying to edit an imminent order.

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting retailer to see as a health check for stock levels.

Unlike the major supermarkets who generally pick from store - Ocado is a massive warehouse dedicated to online shopping, in theory whilst slots to deliver should be booked up, they should have no issues fulfilling orders, unless of course there really is a genuine shortage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Not see this before, an online queue

https://www.ocado.com/

You are in a virtual queue

Please wait here - don’t close or refresh this page.

You are position 12689 of 13119. Your wait time will be more than two hours.

 

 

 

Sorry for the wait. Demand is very high at the moment so you may have to wait a little longer than usual to access the website.
We have no new delivery slots for the next few days so please only wait if you are trying to edit an imminent order.

 

 

 

 

 
 
 

It's just for you. I understand that they're worried that you'll spam the site! :)

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ste 🏅 said:

Interesting retailer to see as a health check for stock levels.

Unlike the major supermarkets who generally pick from store - Ocado is a massive warehouse dedicated to online shopping, in theory whilst slots to deliver should be booked up, they should have no issues fulfilling orders, unless of course there really is a genuine shortage. 

Imagine the bottleneck will be actual delivery. They'll only have so many trucks/drivers and they're going still be staffed to normal levels.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCountOfNowhere
1 minute ago, This Time said:

I posted about this in the prepper thread this morning. Your position 12,000 must actually be more like a six hour wait as 4,500 was a two hour wait.Screenshot_20200318-085826.thumb.jpg.f9f524aece16a22325c3b65a57018161.jpg

I've been on a half an hour and it's still a 2 hour wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, feed said:

Imagine the bottleneck will be actual delivery. They'll only have so many trucks/drivers and they're going still be staffed to normal levels.  

Aye, but if toilet rolls and pasta are not even in stock should you have a delivery slot - that would indicate there are issues further up the chain....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod

Amusingly, yesterday was the day that my wife flipped from taking the piss out of me for stockpiling food for the last month or two, directly to a version of events where she was driving it and I was a bit reluctant. I should have realised that would be a bit of a bell-weather for panic buying to begin in earnest.

  • Agree 3
  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to morrisons when it opened at 7am today, not much appeared to have been restocked overnight. I did get some fresh meat which was my reason to visit.

I'm getting concerned now about food supply.  Rationing will no doubt be brought in too late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, feed said:

Imagine the bottleneck will be actual delivery. They'll only have so many trucks/drivers and they're going still be staffed to normal levels.  

Morrisons said they're taking on 2500 more drivers and pickers.
Which is the right response.

 

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight

Why are you all relying on the big supermarkets?

My small local shops are well stocked, as is the butchers and greengrocers.

5kg of chicken breasts for £22 anybody? And they deliver for free.

https://www.islandfoodsiow.co.uk/shop/chicken-breast/

OK, so the corner shop might cost more - but compared to 2 hours in Tesco I think it is worth it.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife cancelled one of our deliveries this week, ostensibly to free it up for the needier in society, but basically because she didn't want our neighbours to curtain twitch and go "who do they think they are with their two food deliveries when we didn't have the foresight to book any weeks ago?!" :D

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
16 minutes ago, LC1 said:

My wife cancelled one of our deliveries this week, ostensibly to free it up for the needier in society, but basically because she didn't want our neighbours to curtain twitch and go "who do they think they are with their two food deliveries when we didn't have the foresight to book any weeks ago?!" :D

Have the DOSBOD virtue signaller of the day award.

:Geek:

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, LC1 said:

My wife cancelled one of our deliveries this week, ostensibly to free it up for the needier in society, but basically because she didn't want our neighbours to curtain twitch and go "who do they think they are with their two food deliveries when we didn't have the foresight to book any weeks ago?!" :D

You can remind her of it as you are eating the last of the food.

  • Agree 4
  • Lol 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ste 🏅 said:

Interesting retailer to see as a health check for stock levels.

Unlike the major supermarkets who generally pick from store - Ocado is a massive warehouse dedicated to online shopping, in theory whilst slots to deliver should be booked up, they should have no issues fulfilling orders, unless of course there really is a genuine shortage. 

I don’t think their problem is primarily stock levels, it’s more about having enough people to pick orders and then to deliver them. I doubt they have a load of spare capacity so it would only take a 20-30% rise in orders to see them completely swamped.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheBlueCat said:

I don’t think their problem is primarily stock levels, it’s more about having enough people to pick orders and then to deliver them. I doubt they have a load of spare capacity so it would only take a 20-30% rise in orders to see them completely swamped.

Plus people will be buying more stuff - trying to stock up plus getting everything in one place rather than getting milk and bread on the way home or whatever.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My veg box supplier has stopped taking orders, only fulfilling existing customer orders -  no problem with supply of food, it’s the packing and delivery they are having issues with. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This photo of an elderly man looking for supplies as he is surrounded by empty supermarket shelves in Surrey, has been widely shared online today to demonstrate the reality of coronavirus-fuelled panic-buying

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8126263/Photo-pensioner-clutching-shopping-list-Sainsburys-panic-buyers-ransack-shelves.html

I think if I had been posting about my horde of panic-bought food I'd keep quiet, the tide is turning quickly and now people are getting angry at pensioners not being able to buy food because some greedy boon bought it all.

3 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

OK, so the corner shop might cost more - but compared to 2 hours in Tesco I think it is worth it.

I won't use my corner shop personally, because they are the ones who have bought up everything from Tesco and why it's all out of stock. IMPO.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
4 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Why are you all relying on the big supermarkets?

My small local shops are well stocked, as is the butchers and greengrocers.

5kg of chicken breasts for £22 anybody? And they deliver for free.

https://www.islandfoodsiow.co.uk/shop/chicken-breast/

OK, so the corner shop might cost more - but compared to 2 hours in Tesco I think it is worth it.

Quoting myself but Mrs Flight picked up the chicken on the way home.

Christ 5kg is a lot of chicken breasts!

Big cook up at the weekend I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...