Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

What Would You Have Done If You Were In Charge


Battenberg

Recommended Posts

What better decisions could have been made and if it was down to you how would you have run this show?

Knowing what was going on in China back in January would you have locked the UK down sooner, closed schools sooner and stopped all travel?

How do you think we can stop things getting worse in the next few days and weeks?

It strikes me that the governments may of dealing with this is to tell me people there is an endless pot of money and everyone will be looked after. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have 

1) Banned all travel to and from any infected country

2) Banned citizens of infected countries from entry

3) Banned any non Brits from the country if they had been in infected country in last month 

4) Any brits returning would have got 1 month quarantine 

5) Began to prepare the NHS for the coming issue - what capacity needs to be ramped up

6) Same with food supplies - what do we need to stockpile and ensure continuity

7) Instructed Military and Police to drawn up plans for control 

8) Planned for massive tax give away  - Stopped VAT, Income, Corporation and Dividend tax until 2021 if it hit badly 

9) As it began to impact - stop all flights and immigration 

10) Make it clear NHS will only treat UK citizens and settled people 

11) Made it clear the origin of this, seizing chinese assets to pay for it if necessary 

12) Made sure the current military asset deployed at sea did not return and get infected - especially the strategic deterrent patrol  

13) Planned for schools to close, and how do we support medical staff during that time - crehces etc 

14) Deported all people currently in immigration detention 

15) Determine which inamtes can be released 

16) Halted all trials  

17) Plan for shut down of cities and regions in the UK 

18) Ensure security of energy and internet - if necessary isolating key people and groups way from everyone to keep going - the net goes down we are in trouble 

19) Get the fishing fleet protection and get them fishing 

20) what protection / supprt  do farmers need to keep the crops growing and secure 

21) Prepare for war 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stopping the direct daily flight from Wuhan when we knew how serious it was over there - would be the obvious thing that a 3 year old could have done. 

May not have made a huge difference but still should have been done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Proper quarantine at airports. Would put a lot of non essential traveller off. At the very least thermal testing at airport. Heavy fines for breaking self quarantine,

No non essential exit travel.

Proper intelligence, you telling me that something did not smell right in Wuhan December onwards that a blind bat could not have missed. Like you wouldn't be watching the location of a Bio Lab for early heads up? Not like it happened before.

Track/trace tools / capability to aid in containment.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Battenberg said:

What better decisions could have been made and if it was down to you how would you have run this show?

Knowing what was going on in China back in January would you have locked the UK down sooner, closed schools sooner and stopped all travel?

How do you think we can stop things getting worse in the next few days and weeks?

It strikes me that the governments may of dealing with this is to tell me people there is an endless pot of money and everyone will be looked after. 

I would have ensured a well stocked, well guarded house for myself and my loved ones and then got on with sounding like a fucking madman cancelling all flights and pleading with the entire planet to stop people travelling about.


This is Greta's wet dream.
We are stealing her dreams. Well the virus is.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightly Toasted

A GENIAL Irishman, cutting peat in the wilds of Connemara, was once asked by a pedestrian Englishman to direct him on his way to Letterfrack. With the wonted enthusiasm of his race the Irishman flung himself into the problem and, taking the wayfarer to the top of a hill commanding a wide prospect of bogs, lakes, and mountains, proceeded to give him, with more eloquence than precision, a copious account of the route to be taken. He then concluded as follows: “‘Tis the divil’s own country, sorr, to find your way in. But a gintleman with a face like your honour’s can’t miss the road; though, if it was meself that was going to Letterfrack, faith, I wouldn’t start from here.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil
4 minutes ago, Shamus said:

spacer.png

 

I would have made sure I left my well paying job before the Sh*t hit the fan!

Oh wait - I did :)

Cunt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

This is Greta's wet dream.
We are stealing her dreams. Well the virus is.

Don't know about Greta..  but the anti-disposable plastic lobby have gone very quiet about everyone rushing out to buy disposable face masks..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

steppensheep

Controls at the border seemed like an obvious measure. I suspect evryone was scared of proving the brexiteers were right all along. Again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because we're generally cranks here on Dosbods, we would never be in a position of power to effect these decisions.

There would be no chance of shutting down the country and the boarders at the beginning of this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

I would have 

1) Banned all travel to and from any infected country

2) Banned citizens of infected countries from entry

3) Banned any non Brits from the country if they had been in infected country in last month 

4) Any brits returning would have got 1 month quarantine 

5) Began to prepare the NHS for the coming issue - what capacity needs to be ramped up

6) Same with food supplies - what do we need to stockpile and ensure continuity

7) Instructed Military and Police to drawn up plans for control 

8) Planned for massive tax give away  - Stopped VAT, Income, Corporation and Dividend tax until 2021 if it hit badly 

9) As it began to impact - stop all flights and immigration 

10) Make it clear NHS will only treat UK citizens and settled people 

11) Made it clear the origin of this, seizing chinese assets to pay for it if necessary 

12) Made sure the current military asset deployed at sea did not return and get infected - especially the strategic deterrent patrol  

13) Planned for schools to close, and how do we support medical staff during that time - crehces etc 

14) Deported all people currently in immigration detention 

15) Determine which inamtes can be released 

16) Halted all trials  

17) Plan for shut down of cities and regions in the UK 

18) Ensure security of energy and internet - if necessary isolating key people and groups way from everyone to keep going - the net goes down we are in trouble 

19) Get the fishing fleet protection and get them fishing 

20) what protection / supprt  do farmers need to keep the crops growing and secure 

21) Prepare for war 

All very good but just starting at point 1 and 2, when would you have done those things? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

All very good but just starting at point 1 and 2, when would you have done those things? 

As early as possible, and I wuld have released information too about what was happening in China, our intelligence services had to know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

As early as possible, and I wuld have released information too about what was happening in China, our intelligence services had to know

I agree. If things had started getting sorted at the end of January we would be much better placed now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

As early as possible, and I wuld have released information too about what was happening in China, our intelligence services had to know

I thought personally the West would  detect an atomic detonation in Wuhan. When they described a lockdown, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

I thought personally the West would  detect an atomic detonation in Wuhan. When they described a lockdown, 

Perhaps the west should have caused one 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd have massively overreacted to the initial outbreak, but only because I'm easily influenced, and I had read this.

xD

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Knowing that the populace would only accept tough measures when the tsunami was already upon us - I'd have quietly prepared the battle: get labs ready to test 1000s of people per day, ramp up production of medical equipment, stuff like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ccc said:

Stopping the direct daily flight from Wuhan when we knew how serious it was over there - would be the obvious thing that a 3 year old could have done. 

May not have made a huge difference but still should have been done. 

Well they haven't said that the people on those flights have spread the virus, but equally they haven't denied it either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some good suggestions above.  I would also have:

  1. In early Jan, challenged the WHO for their lack of action.  Publicly.
  2. At the same time, quietly put financial investigators all over the WHO leadership's wealth, especially the DG.  Corrupt as fuck.
  3. Said to China on Jan 6th - you either let our medics in to examine patients tomorrow, or we close the borders.  No more flights from China, at all.  No more Chinese students.  And all your kids, politburo folks, here in Uni, are going into quarantine camps as well, as so many have just come back from China.  Be a shame if anything happened to them.  Don't worry, our army are guarding them with live rounds
  4. Start prepping additional ventilator production (it was known in Jan you need this)
  5. Start prepping additional food storage long term 
  6. Start prepping testing infrastructure (drive through testing, etc)
  7. Strat prepping additional mortuary space
  8. Draw up a draft national emergency cabinet with labour and lib Mp's in it.  Not cunts like Jeremy, but the few useful on both sides
  9. Get all the printed press heads in a room and tell them that the next two months they need to be publishing only approved stories on this matter

In Jan, nobody knew if this was spanish flu 2.0 which would be killing kids and young adults left right and centre.  It could have been.  The fact that Boris did none of the above is criminal.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...