DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Would you take a private Covid-19 test if you could?

The Idiocrat

The Idiocrat

Been offered a test. I was ill in January with a weird flu-like bug  which too ages to shift (apparently like a few on here) with sore throat, some aches and exhaustion, but not the CV coughing thing,  and I'd been in close proximity Italians in the office then. I've been offered  private test for £299. I'm disinclined to take it but wondering if I should. Any thoughts?

On one hand it doesn't really make any difference if you've had it or not.

However I'd genuinely love to know if this Virus has been in the background for a few months. I'd love if the NHS randomly tested 10,000 people.

9 minutes ago, JackieO said:

No

Whats the fucking point

Possible relief at a reduced chance of catching it again for a while? I wouldn’t personally pay 300 quid for that mind but I would if it was a tenner.

If it was offered and I'd thought I'd had it then I'd take it.

Knowing you've had it will give you super human powers at the mo.

I'm semi dreading catching it - just want it caught n over with.

6 hours ago, The Idiocrat said:

Been offered a test. I was ill in January with a weird flu-like bug  which too ages to shift (apparently like a few on here) with sore throat, some aches and exhaustion, but not the CV coughing thing,  and I'd been in close proximity Italians in the office then. I've been offered  private test for £299. I'm disinclined to take it but wondering if I should. Any thoughts?

Lots of scammers surfacing offering this, by the way

The Idiocrat
5 hours ago, wherebee said:

Lots of scammers surfacing offering this, by the way

Definitely legit, I've used them before for health tests several times over a number of years. 

It is unlikely that having SARS2 once will stop you getting it again as we don't build long lasting immunity to the other coronaviruses. Plus you'd need an antibody test to know if you had it in January.

Virgil Caine

It is a fucking snob thing for celebs and the chattering classes who are all paying for the tests privately. It is a way of flaunting your money and privilege. If you have not caught the virus and had it confirmed you are a nobody even though I suspect lots of plebs have had it and survived. 

The Idiocrat
1 hour ago, This Time said:

It is unlikely that having SARS2 once will stop you getting it again as we don't build long lasting immunity to the other coronaviruses. Plus you'd need an antibody test to know if you had it in January.

Actually, yes, stupid of me to confuse this with an antibody test, which is what I would have. Doh!

Archived