DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Germany

Great Guy

Germany has about 12,300 confirmed cases and only 28 dead. That's only about 0.25% dead.....

I'd imagine Germany doesn't put deaths down to the Virus if it only pushed ill people over the edge.

Maybe this thing is a complete damp squib... 

unregistered_guest
1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Perhaps we shouldn't put them on a pedal stool?

Green Devil
1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Germany has about 12,300 confirmed cases and only 28 dead. That's only about 0.25% dead.....

I'd imagine Germany doesn't put deaths down to the Virus if it only pushed ill people over the edge.

Two reasons. German population are in better shape than your average brit. German hospitals are better than ours. The virus is the same so it must be the punters or the care, or a combination of both. I guess it will be known soon if the care is better, if they die later. 

6 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Two reasons. German population are in better shape than your average brit. German hospitals are better than ours. The virus is the same so it must be the punters or the care, or a combination of both. I guess it will be known soon if the care is better, if they die later. 

A fine advert for the FOURTH REICH. Are you watching YESTERDAY TV?

57 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Don't forget the Germans blocked flights from Iran and China a week ago. Boris will never close the borders as he's a globalist shill.

Merkel didn't want to but was forced. 

58 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I don't think you can say that the average German is in better shape than the average Brit. Is the average German in massively better shape than the average Italian (where the death rate is horrific)?

Do you really think health care in Germany/ Italy/ Britain is massively different?

The German figures suggest that this Virus is a bit of a non starter... I believe the Italian figures are high because they are more likely to put the Virus on a death certificate. However it's debatable what actually kills a eighty something year old with underlying health conditions.

About 600,000 people die a year in the UK. Or about 1,600 a day. How many have died from the Virus so far in Britain? 200? Tbh, it's a rounding error.... I reckon it will be a bad year for deaths, however it's certainly not as bad as people are painting.

Mirror Mirror

Maybe it’s simply that they are testing more people?

As this article explains, if you’re only going to test those who seek medical help, ie those with severe illness, then the death to infection ratio is going to be very high. If you test a lot of symptomless people, it will be very low.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/?fbclid=IwAR1n0H1ff5LHPEKJ_KkcUI9Pbg97KeBQKctwUTGrhGcbGGCqINZBqNpfj78

1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

There's two versions isn't there?

the gardener

GG, I'm thinking along the same lines. How many people are dying with Covid-19 rather than from it. Do these people dying have the flu as well? The unknown subtype A one that this UK flu season kicked off with? 

5 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Maybe it’s simply that they are testing more people?

As this article explains, if you’re only going to test those who seek medical help, ie those with severe illness, then the death to infection ratio is going to be very high. If you test a lot of symptomless people, it will be very low.

This. 

Idris Elba has/ had the virus and he only found out because he paid for a private test. I bet this virus has been rampant and people thought it was the common flu. 

2 minutes ago, the gardener said:

GG, I'm thinking along the same lines. How many people are dying with Covid-19 rather than from it. Do these people dying have the flu as well? The unknown subtype A one that this UK flu season kicked off with? 

3 deaths since Saturday.

Bladder cancer.

Vascular dementia.

MND. Late stage.

They were all about to die anyway. Very ill people.

Just now, sarahbell said:

3 deaths since Saturday.

Bladder cancer.

Vascular dementia.

MND. Late stage.

They were all about to die anyway. Very ill people.

3 deaths of people that had the Virus?

Are you a nurse?

Just now, Great Guy said:

3 deaths of people that had the Virus?

Are you a nurse?

No. Just people I know. I hope they've not been tested. The indignity of the disease that killed you not bring listed first on the death certificate.

Frank Hovis
3 hours ago, Great Guy said:

On one level it absolutely is.

99% of people will catch it and experience somewhere between a cold and a flu; usually mild.

It is however killing a very small number of people who are already seriously ill.  Such a small number IMO that it would have been 1000x better to identify them and isolate and support them in their own homes or in empty holiday camps.

And leave everyone else to carry on as normal.

My work has encouraged everyone who can work at home to do so; whilst I think that to be not required it also a sensible response to a load of people who were doing more talking than working because they were wondering when they were going to be sent to work from home.  And for many who have been told to work from home they have heard it as "School's out!" as their response made obvious.  This is not going to go well for my company for one.

It is widescale silly season now and even the radio is unlistenable because Marge from Morwenstow is taking her own homemade honey round to her neighbour, or Nigel from Newlyn has set up a Facebook group and that's apparently news.

I think that there is actually a serious virus out there that has infected everyone; it's not Covid-19 but is rather rampant fuckwittery. 

the gardener
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

On one level it absolutely is.

99% of people will catch it and experience somewhere between a cold and a flu; usually mild.

It is however killing a very small number of people who are already seriously ill.  Such a small number IMO that it would have been 1000x better to identify them and isolate and support them in their own homes or in empty holiday camps.

And leave everyone else to carry on as normal.

My work has encouraged everyone who can work at home to do so; whilst I think that to be not required it also a sensible response to a load of people who were doing more talking than working because they were wondering when they were going to be sent to work from home.  And for many who have been told to work from home they have heard it as "School's out!" as their response made obvious.  This is not going to go well for my company for one.

It is widescale silly season now and even the radio is unlistenable because Marge from Morwenstow is taking her own homemade honey round to her neighbour, or Nigel from Newlyn has set up a Facebook group and that's apparently news.

I think that there is actually a serious virus out there that has infected everyone; it's not Covid-19 but is rather rampant fuckwittery. 

+ 1,000,000

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

tbh, this is starting to remind me of the hysteria after the death of Diana....

600,000 people die in the UK each year. It's hardly a massive deal if a couple of hundred thousand old sick people die....

TheCountOfNowhere
12 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

600,000 people die in the UK each year. It's hardly a massive deal if a couple of hundred thousand old sick tory voters people die....

I wonder if they've had that conversation.

12 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

600,000 people die in the UK each year. It's hardly a massive deal if a couple of hundred thousand old sick people die....

Mass hysterias used to be localised.

Since the internet and especially social media they are now getting bigger and bigger.

The refugee hysteria was Europe wide, this is world-wide.

Frank Hovis
6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I actually thought that driving to work yesterday when I had to put a CD on as the radio was unlistenable with the endless non-news.

It was exactly the same from her death until her funeral and for some time afterwards; top news story every single day.

And you also had a sizeable amount of the population going loony then.

I couldn't quite believe it when on holiday in Cornwall I was watching the lunchtime news which covered the vigils outside Buck House and there was my eccentric (= mad, he was sectioned) company housekeeper raving at the camera "The media killed Princess Diana.".  Even at 300 miles' distance there was no escape.

I'll pop to the supermarket tonight, I don't need much but I fully expect to see half the shelves cleared yet again as further proof that whatever Mrs Miniver type qualities this nation may have had during the blitz they have been replaced by the worst kind of idiocy, helplessness and greed.

A regular theme on this site has been "critical thinking" and it now crystal clear that for the great majority of the population it is beyond them

A vast number of the quotes form that great Stoic philosopher Marcus Aurelius are highly relevant in this current madness.

This suits the current idiocy best IMO:

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/17212.Marcus_Aurelius

2 hours ago, Great Guy said:

The German figures suggest that this Virus is a bit of a non starter... I believe the Italian figures are high because they are more likely to put the Virus on a death certificate. However it's debatable what actually kills a eighty something year old with underlying health conditions.

IIRC Half the people who died in Italy had at least three other health problems.

Did the virus kill them or their other problems?

They would probably be alive with just the virus but they'll say it was the virus that killed them.

It doesn't help that the Drama Queens of Europe (the Italians) seemed to get the outbreak first.

50 minutes ago, Fischer said:

IIRC Half the people who died in Italy had at least three other health problems.

Did the virus kill them or their other problems?

They would probably be alive with just the virus but they'll say it was the virus that killed them.

It doesn't help that the Drama Queens of Europe (the Italians) seemed to get the outbreak first.

I've got at least three medical problems. My asthma has been well managed for the last 15 years - I just have a month or so in winter when I need to use my inhaler more - highly unlikely to shorten my life unless I get unlucky. My diabetes insipidus is also well managed, the only risks there are lack of access to clean water and overhydrating if I take too much medication - I'm fucking meticulous about monitoring and tailoring my dose to the microgram so again it's highly unlikely to kill me. My coeliac is also unlikely to shorten my life considerably as I only eat food I've prepared myself in my gluten free kitchen.

If this virus kills me though I'll just be another one the list of people with several medical issues.

Mirror Mirror
3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Perhaps all deaths in Germany are now listed as mental illness related?

Indeed, and I read that they have had a massive influx of doctors (and engineers) over the last few years, so they should be just fine! B|

The Masked Tulip
4 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Indeed, and I read that they have had a massive influx of doctors (and engineers) over the last few years, so they should be just fine! B|

Very true. But so has the UK.

Archived