DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

It's all a load of bollox

AlfredTheLittle

The virue signalling on facebook has been unbearable. I try to avoid FB as much as possible but will admit to have been going on there every other day to get an insight on what the locals think about it all.

Had one guy posting how he was buying flowers for the old folk who sadly could not get any food. Might cheer them up a bit but they cant eat them.

Later that day I spoke to an 80 year old who confessed to stockpiling and buying more then they needed. I would say 50% of the shortages are due to old people buying extra. These old folk often eat out for lunch, not anymore so they need extra food at home. All the pictures of big queues round here are mostly old people  - I'm not blaming them at all by the way, I think they should be encouraged to stockpile before the virus really lets rip so they can stay home for the worst of it.

While it might seem an over the top reaction, consider the following:

- Some people are younger and at risk (myself included)

- The demand on the NHS could mean normall illness/accidents are not treated as well

- Many will recover but may long lasting complications.

- Some viruses can increase the risk of cancer, I don't know if COVID19 does, but we know that many viruses do cause cancer.

Edited by null;
  • Agree 4

Frank Hovis

Here's a decent piece by Peter Hitchens.

The key part in it to my mind is the choice of experts: Kings College "doomsters" who made the foot and month outbreak into a unnecessary animal burning apocalypse before they were sidelined.

Now they are in their pomp and destroying the world with Boris lapping up every word.

Just how long can the majority of people sit at home, heating on, eating, producing nothing themselves? 90% of people are effectively on benefits as Boris listens awestruck and bumbling to single issue advisors without doing what a Prime Minister should be doing: looking at the bigger picture.

This is the fast track to power cuts, to food shortages, to chaos.

Nobody will give a stuff about a new flu virus when they're freezing and starving to death come December.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8138675/PETER-HITCHENS-shutting-Britain-REALLY-right-answer.html

• Agree 5

AlfredTheLittle
6 minutes ago, null; said:

While it might seem an over the top reaction, consider the following:

- Some people are younger and at risk (myself included)

- The demand on the NHS could mean normall illness/accidents are not treated as well

- Many will recover but may long lasting complications.

- Some viruses can increase the risk of cancer, I don't know if COVID19 does, but we know that many viruses do cause cancer.

I accept what you're saying, but would suggest that the risk to you (and to anyone vulnerable) is a lot lower than you're being led to believe, and also that the risk isn't being reduced or dealt with properly by the measures the government is currently taking.

The article Frank has linked to explains it far more clearly than I have.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Am I the only one who thinks everyone has gone completely mad? Not disputing that there's a virus about, but the sensible way to deal with it would be lots of testing, and properly isolate those who have it. No need to shut schools or businesses, no need to work from home.........

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/mar/20/nurse-in-tears-coronavirus-panic-buying-leaves-shelves-empty-food-video

Thar poor nurse - she has just done a 48 hour shift. 

She probably has not eaten or sat down in that 48hours.

There is no food in any of the stores - people are starving due to those ‘right wing’, ‘orange man loving’,  brexiteers who saw this coming 2 months ago and prepped.......

She quite rightly has gone on social media and made a video to display her emotional response to this crisis and shared it with all those lovely warriors of social justice.....

Hopefully someone has set up a ‘justgivingpage’ for her and she will be able to quit her job and retire to a life of luxury..........

(.....or its FAKE NEWS !   you decide).

Edited by Vendetta
  • Agree 9

AlfredTheLittle
3 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/mar/20/nurse-in-tears-coronavirus-panic-buying-leaves-shelves-empty-food-video

There is no food in any of the stores - people are starving due to those ‘right wing’, ‘orange man loving’,  brexiteers who saw this coming 2 months ago and prepped.......

She quite rightly has gone on social media and made a video to display her emotional response to this crisis and shared it with all those lovely warriors of social justice.....

Hopefully someone has set up a ‘justgivingpage’ for her and she will be able to quit her job and retire to a life of luxury..........

No wonder we're all in trouble if we're relying on people like her to look after us!

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Here's a decent piece by Peter Hitchens.

The key part in it to my mind is the choice of experts: Kings College "doomsters" who made the foot and month outbreak into a unnecessary animal burning apocalypse before they were sidelined.

Now they are in their pomp and destroying the world with Boris lapping up every word.

Just how long can the majority of people sit at home, heating on, eating, producing nothing themselves? 90% of people are effectively on benefits as Boris listens awestruck and bumbling to single issue advisors without doing what a Prime Minister should be doing: looking at the bigger picture.

This is the fast track to power cuts, to food shortages, to chaos.

Nobody will give a stuff about a new flu virus when they're freezing and starving to death come December.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8138675/PETER-HITCHENS-shutting-Britain-REALLY-right-answer.html

If only one country was doing this, I would agree. 

The actions of out China that we saw showed me it could be a problem.  The fact that every country is doing something draconian either means every government is controlled by aliens (I doubt this - I have worked with senior people in more than one gvt and they are all flawed humans who couldn't keep a world domination plan secret for more than 5 minutes) or this is fucking serious.

I'm thinking it's not as serious as  first thought, but it is pretty fucking bad.  I suspect anyone with a slightly hooky health/age cohort could be dead without medicine.

• Agree 8

whitevanman

Completely agree with you ATL. It's like princess Diana x1000. I really don't recognise my country anymore. Just a bunch of preening, moralising, judgemental bullies. It's happening across the western world. The authorities exercising ridiculously Draconian powers with the sheeple cheering them on every inch of the way. 

Children are having their education interrupted for no good reason, they are not affected by the virus. It's makes a mockery of the whole mandatory education system. The poor and the young are being hit hardest of all while rich celebs virtue signal on twitter about their 'brush with death' and the need for self isolation and to take it all 'super-seriously.'

Australia is actually shutting beaches so that young people won't enjoy healthy outdoor exercise and social interaction. The French are arresting people for going outside without a government form filled out for every excursion. In Spain you can't even go out as a couple to walk your dog. It's fucking madness.

Stay inside, listen for government announcements, follow official advice, stay away from friends and family.

Fuck all these statist cunts. I'll take my chances with the WuFlu.

• Agree 7

Frank Hovis
6 minutes ago, wherebee said:

If only one country was doing this, I would agree. 

The actions of out China that we saw showed me it could be a problem.  The fact that every country is doing something draconian either means every government is controlled by aliens (I doubt this - I have worked with senior people in more than one gvt and they are all flawed humans who couldn't keep a world domination plan secret for more than 5 minutes) or this is fucking serious.

I'm thinking it's not as serious as  first thought, but it is pretty fucking bad.  I suspect anyone with a slightly hooky health/age cohort could be dead without medicine.

I agree.

Though surely the sensible thing to do is to ensure the safety of that cohort by isolating them and providing food and supplies.

Leaving everyone else to carry on as normal.  There was a good reason why "Keep calm and carry on" was a widespread wartime slogan because if everyone drops hands we have impending chaos as all the supply systems fail.

• Agree 9

sleepwello'nights

A link to an article was posted on the Credit Deflation thread.  Page 302. @BadAlchemyhas put a link to a cached version as the original is under investigation by the site it was published on.

It analyses the spread and severity of Covid-19 from available information sources. It concludes that the spread of the virus and the illness it causes is not as severe as actions of governments across the world would lead us to believe.

I'd rather not be infected by it. 

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis
3 minutes ago, BWW said:

Has anyone yet suggested that if the NHS want [to irreponsibly encourage] the nurse to do a 48 hour shift, THE MANAGERS OF THE NHS should be making damn sure she has a hamper of food [or at least a cardboard box] ready for her when she walks out the door.

That's what a decent employer would do. There are legions of non medical staff .. what are they doing? Posting on social media perhaps or have they all buggerred off to their holiday homes in Padstow?

One reaction is not enough.

Superb post.

• Agree 5

AlfredTheLittle
2 minutes ago, BWW said:

Has anyone yet suggested that if the NHS want [to irreponsibly encourage] the nurse to do a 48 hour shift, THE MANAGERS OF THE NHS should be making damn sure she has a hamper of food [or at least a cardboard box] ready for her when she walks out the door.

That's what a decent employer would do. There are legions of non medical staff .. what are they doing? Posting on social media perhaps or have they all buggerred off to their holiday homes in Padstow?

Does anyone believe she actually worked a 48 hour shift? She's just a fantasist with a hero complex

• Agree 9

M S E Refugee
1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

A link to an article was posted on the Credit Deflation thread.  Page 302. @BadAlchemyhas put a link to a cached version as the original is under investigation by the site it was published on.

It analyses the spread and severity of Covid-19 from available information sources. It concludes that the spread of the virus and the illness it causes is not as severe as actions of governments across the world would lead us to believe.

I'd rather not be infected by it. 

I have just put a link to it.

It has been re-posted on zerohedge.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

I accept what you're saying, but would suggest that the risk to you (and to anyone vulnerable) is a lot lower than you're being led to believe, and also that the risk isn't being reduced or dealt with properly by the measures the government is currently taking.

The article Frank has linked to explains it far more clearly than I have.

Yes, agree - even though I'm at higher risk it's still probably only around 1/100 that I would die if I were to catch it. Odds that I would not rather take though if I can avoid it with simple measures. Perhaps this is the key, what measures and at what cost are you/we prepared to take for a given level of risk.

I don't know what the right way is to deal with this, but it seems we now how two crisis to deal with - a virus and an economic crisis.

• Agree 1

Exactly... If they did bloody testing surely they could sort this out a lot quicker or at least reduce the danger somewhat.

What it looks like with basically zero testing is almost the same as the initial Boris plan for everyone to get infected and do the herd immunity only not explicitly, or herd lite.  Either that or something more sinister be it population cull, economy reset or social control.

• Agree 4

23 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

This confirms that NHS workers are demigods that do not need for mortal desires such as sleep, shitting and sitting.

She had just finished a shift of 4 days on at 12 hours per day. I wonder how many days she now gets off?

The shops are empty, but while you might not get what you want, there is still enough there to make up a meal. Or she could have just stopped at McDonalds on the way home.

• Agree 5

Frank Hovis
4 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Exactly... If they did bloody testing surely they could sort this out a lot quicker or at least reduce the danger somewhat.

What it looks like with basically zero testing is almost the same as the initial Boris plan for everyone to get infected and do the herd immunity only not explicitly, or herd lite.  Either that or something more sinister be it population cull, economy reset or social control.

I always go with incompetence over sinister unless it's someone genuinely dictatorial like Blair.

• Agree 4

whitevanman
1 minute ago, null; said:

This confirms that NHS workers are demigods that do not need for mortal desires such as sleep, shitting and sitting.

She had just finished a shift of 4 days on at 12 hours per day. I wonder how many days she now gets off?

The shops are empty, but while you might not get what you want, there is still enough there to make up a meal. Or she could have just stopped at McDonalds on the way home.

How dare you cast judgement upon your moral superiors. Bow down before the NHS deity.

• Agree 3

sleepwello'nights
Just now, Dogtania said:

As it was not possible to easily identify the virus with testing at the time it started to spread what would you have done in Boris's shoes?

I would have gone for immediate shutdown of international travel into the UK and made all arrivals  quarantine for 14 days. Not everyone would agree. The advice of the scientific advisors was to let it spread and it would die down. 

How would you feel if you contracted it and a close relative, friend, colleague or acquaintance contracted it from you and was severely ill?

• Agree 7

Frank Hovis
1 minute ago, null; said:

But as @BWW said it is for the employer and the legions of NHS admin staff to look after their workers if more is being asked of them.

Most places I have worked would see it as standard that when you ask people to work very late or through the weekend then you feed them. Takeaway pizza usually.

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

But as @BWW said it is for the employer and the legions of NHS admin staff to look after their workers if more is being asked of them.

Most places I have worked would see it as standard that when you ask people to work very late or through the weekend then you feed them. Takeaway pizza usually.

Yes, agree - many a time I've had a pizza at my desk.

Perhaps the fact she did not have food provided backs up the claim that she did not work a 48 hour shift. I still suspect it was really 4 x 12 over 4 days.

• Agree 8

1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

As it was not possible to easily identify the virus with testing at the time it started to spread what would you have done in Boris's shoes?

I would have gone for immediate shutdown of international travel into the UK and made all arrivals  quarantine for 14 days. Not everyone would agree. The advice of the scientific advisors was to let it spread and it would die down. 

How would you feel if you contracted it and a close relative, friend, colleague or acquaintance contracted it from you and was severely ill?

I was pretty awestruck planes constantly arriving from hot spots like Madrid with next to no checks.  If this turns out pretty bad that is crazy.

Alas they could have or now even ramp up testing ... Drive through and the like.  Buy test kits or the tech from some country that seems to be doing this well.  They did a brief drive by thing locally here but that stopped a long time ago no idea how many tested.

• Agree 1