• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Cunning Plan

Ransom

This is something that has often intrigued me.

Taking a hostage is probably not too hard. Getting paid for them and remaining uncaught is the tricky bit.

My best plan so far is to demand small, insignificant (<3 carat) diamonds. Leave homing pigeons in a specific location and demand they are loaded with the diamonds and released.

Anyone got a better plan?

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Taking a hostage is probably not too hard. Getting paid for them and remaining uncaught is the tricky bit.

My best plan so far is to demand small, insignificant (<3 carat) diamonds. Leave homing pigeons in a specific location and demand they are loaded with the diamonds and released.

What is stopping them putting a GPS tracker on one or two pidgeons?

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

What is stopping them putting a GPS tracker on one or two pidgeons?

Nothing. But the pigeons will outrun a tracking vehicle and you would get at least a 10 minute head start to escape having stripped them of their bounty.

23 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Cunning plan, Cunning Plan.

57 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Sods law says your pigeons get killed and eaten by Peregrines or Sparrowhawks.

I'd have a second man in a crawl space underneath a bin or something so the police can make the drop (assuming that drop is static) then your second man can check for frackers before putting them on the pigeons. 

Mind you if you've got a second man in a crawl space you might as well forgo the pigeons altogether. That and you've got to worry about the second man getting pinched. 

Maybe some sort of robotic device that checks for frackers and affixes the diamonds to the pigeons?

11 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

What do you want diamonds for?

14 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

I guess they're small and untraceable. (Relatively anyway). Much more difficult to launder the equivalent cash (depending on the country you live in)

Morrisons's self service machines don't take them though.

12 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

I promise i will write to you when you are in the pokey https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/311645737358?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=49079726092&rlsatarget=pla-324412159376&abcId=1128946&adtype=pla&merchantid=7443904&poi=&googleloc=1007416&device=c&campaignid=856243387&crdt=0

12 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

On another note i would have thought Bitcoin or such would be the safest option ...i take it this thread has nothing to do with your "questions for a major house builder" thread ? :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

On another note i would have thought Bitcoin or such would be the safest option ...i take it this thread has nothing to do with your "questions for a major house builder" thread ? :ph34r: 

I think bitcoin is probably traceable

And not at all related. Just Looking for the perfect solution as a mental challenge.

If something transfers from them to you then they can find you by tracing it. So it must be something that benefits a third party irrevocably

Edited by Panther

Would you recognise real diamonds though?  And if you demanded gold might it not be those gold shelled coins the Chinese make for "collectors"?

You'd have to make yourself a jewellery expert first. 

Collection would be easier.  Stolen motorbike (hey, you've done a kidnapping, bike theft is nothing) hidden up somewhere remote, drone flying overhead on long pre-determined path.  Shoot down drone with one of those shoulder mounted nets, collect bag, emopty diamonds into your own bag.  Motorbike to your hidden car, hide bike, gone.

Check merchandise is genuine and clean (no engraved tracers), release hostage.

The you need to find soemone to buy the diamonds.

It all sounds rather tricky to me, why not just go into politics and steal it legally by putting government policy up for sale like Blair and the Clintons?

Your best bet would be kidnapping someone close to a sports star. Say a top F1 driver. Do it a couple of days before a race and get them to  start from the pit lane and finish 7th or you post bits back to them.

You then lay the bets on and collect the money.

The sports star gets his friend back and it doesn't even cost them any money.

If you get caught putting the bet on or collecting your winnings... so what? 

3 hours ago, XswampyX said:

Your best bet would be kidnapping someone close to a sports star. Say a top F1 driver. Do it a couple of days before a race and get them to  start from the pit lane and finish 7th or you post bits back to them.

Or better still. Be in on it with the close friend of the 'star' and no body even needs kidnapping.

4 hours ago, XswampyX said:

I'm liking that one. You have all the makings of a master criminal

Anyone know where Andy Murray's mother lives?