DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Lip up Fatty

spygirl

I did have a thought the other day that I didn't post for fearing it was too cruel, that this pandemic would be nature's revenge for a mixture of things:

1. Poor sanitation and animal treatment (i.e. the bats).

2. Igorance/arrogance - i.e. the folk still mixing with others despite the warning.

3. But more than anything else, a fat and unhealthy population (through choice). A population who are chronically ill with obesity / diabetes / heart disease ect...and being held together by modern medicine but have no reserves to fight something like this.

David Icke made a point recently, that none of the announcments around this have involved the government or medical establishment making any suggestions to the public as to steps they can make to ensure that they are any healthier or have stronger immune systems to fight this.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 8

I think you cn chalk this up to inflamation, which nobody really understands, at least he plebs and most Meidca establishment, who are looking for specific thing with a specific fix/treatment.

As I understand, inflamation is the your bodies immune system stress response.

It also appears to be the major cause of a lot of stuff the are misdiagnosed, such as ME/CFS and those Im-tired illnesses.

• Agree 2

swiss_democracy_for_all
4 minutes ago, This Time said:

Two thirds of everyone are overweight.

Well quite, it's not a very telling statistic in the UK, In fact in some parts of the UK I'd say that meant fatties were under-represented as Covid19 victims.

If two thirds of the victims in Swissieland were fatties I might pay more attention, there are far fewer here.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Speculation, does the model say so, phone calls to 111 line or testable proof?

But experts say the true number of cases is likely to be almost 300,000 because for every death there are roughly 1,000 cases.   

Edited by onlyme
  • Informative 1

Chewing Grass
18 minutes ago, This Time said:

Two thirds of everyone are overweight.

as I said yesterday it would appear fevers are ineffective in killing the virus in the obese, due to their enhanced specific head capacity they cannot biologically produce enough heat to help kill the virus.

Edited by Chewing Grass
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150318144843.htm
  • Agree 2

Guest Account
26 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Well quite, it's not a very telling statistic in the UK, In fact in some parts of the UK I'd say that meant fatties were under-represented as Covid19 victims.

If two thirds of the victims in Swissieland were fatties I might pay more attention, there are far fewer here.

Followed a super fit couple in my remote Swiss village dog walk this morning. It's much higher than the peak of Ben Nevis, so we have a lot of Tour de France trainees in the summer. I know super fit people by sight, as most people do, but also by what they are doing. Never seen them before, so were probably friends of owners - or airbnbers.

She was super fit. On a pretty slight incline she was running after her boyfriend, coughing, and had to stop (obviously out of breath). I kept a hundred metres behind.

Swiss people are thinner/fitter than many..... but they have one of the highest incidences of the virus per capita in Europe.

Edited by Heffalump
units
  • Agree 1

Interesting statistics,  and explains the problems they are having..

Average age of those dying..  80.

Average age of those needing hospital care..   64

The elderly are at risk..  the rest are just clogging up hospital beds left, right and centre.

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 minute ago, Heffalump said:

Followed a super fit couple in my remote Swiss village dog walk this morning. It's about 50% higher than the peak of Ben Nevis, so we have a lot of Tour de France trainees in the summer. I know super fit people by sight, as most people do, but also by what they are doing. Never seen them before, so were probably friends of owners - or airbnbers.

She was super fit. On a pretty slight incline she was running after her boyfriend, coughing, and had to stop (obviously out of breath). I kept hundreds of metres behind.

Swiss people are thinner/fitter than many..... but they have one of the highest incidences of the virus per capita in Europe.

Lucky you, wish I was in a remote Swiss village and not Geneva.

Very high incidence of blood group A in the country I think, nearly 50%, Plus they've been slower than some regarding the lockdown (assuming that's what you think should be done)

So, so far, lots of cases, pretty low death rate as good if v. expensive health system. But from what I've heard, triage for intensive care beds is about to start in Geneva, so death rate will soon climb quickly.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

as I said yesterday it would appear fevers are ineffective in killing the virus in the obese, due to their enhanced specific head capacity they cannot biologically produce enough heat to help kill the virus.

Not completely convinced that's the reason.

When you have a temperature you feel cold.  When you feel cold you wrap up in bed.  With enough insulation anyone can work up a good temperature.

If this was really the reason then the government should be advising people to avoid taking paracetamol (or any other drugs that help to regulate temperature).

Guest Account
1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Lucky you, wish I was in a remote Swiss village and not Geneva.

Very high incidence of blood group A in the country I think, nearly 50%, Plus they've been slower than some regarding the lockdown (assuming that's what you think should be done)

So, so far, lots of cases, pretty low death rate as good if v. expensive health system. But from what I've heard, triage for intensive care beds is about to start in Geneva, so death rate will soon climb quickly.

Massively high rate of second home owners here, and it was packed at the weekend. Number plates from all over (mostly Vaud, the second most infected canton after Tessin). Lot of German number plates, and most of the cars driving around had French number plates.

Skiing will eventually prove to have been the major vector in Europe, IMO. The February school holidays must have been a major mixing pot.

• Agree 2

One percent
4 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

Massively high rate of second home owners here, and it was packed at the weekend. Number plates from all over (mostly Vaud, the second most infected canton after Tessin). Lot of German number plates, and most of the cars driving around had French number plates.

Skiing will eventually prove to have been the major vector in Europe, IMO. The February school holidays must have been a major mixing pot.

I thought all of Europe had shut its borders?  

29 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

Followed a super fit couple in my remote Swiss village dog walk this morning. It's much higher than the peak of Ben Nevis, so we have a lot of Tour de France trainees in the summer. I know super fit people by sight, as most people do, but also by what they are doing. Never seen them before, so were probably friends of owners - or airbnbers.

She was super fit. On a pretty slight incline she was running after her boyfriend, coughing, and had to stop (obviously out of breath). I kept a hundred metres behind.

Maybe she just had the usual winter cold :Old:

58 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I think you cn chalk this up to inflamation, which nobody really understands, at least he plebs and most Meidca establishment, who are looking for specific thing with a specific fix/treatment.

As I understand, inflamation is the your bodies immune system stress response.

It also appears to be the major cause of a lot of stuff the are misdiagnosed, such as ME/CFS and those Im-tired illnesses.

so anti-inflammatory's beneficial for recovery? Ginger or serious pharmaceuticals if they are a thing?  Surely bit of ginger never did anyone harm regardless but happy to be corrected 

Guest Account
Just now, One percent said:

I thought all of Europe had shut its borders?  

The German plated cars arrived a week or two ago. I'd guess they have flats or chalets here and think they're escaping.

Most people who work in hospitality in Switzerland are French or Portuguese. Cheaper to employ. The French are Seasoners, just here for the winter. They drive here and go back home at the end of the season. Now the hotels and restaurants have closed, they've just about done the end of season clean up and will now be returning to France (AIUI, French residents are still allowed to return). The Portuguese don't drive, but fly - but they generally live here all year round so will stay.

The real problem for Switzerland is the frontaliers - French people who commute daily to Switzerland. The Swiss watch industry is dependent on frontaliers - they haven't stopped it yet, AFAIK.

But my point was that you very seldom see obese people skiing - and I reckon that the skiiers are the super spreaders - Everyone from all over Europe mixed in the Alps throughout February. It was the fit people that did it.

• Agree 6

Austin Allegro
2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I did have a thought the other day that I didn't post for fearing it was too cruel, that this pandemic would be nature's revenge for a mixture of things:

1. Poor sanitation and animal treatment (i.e. the bats).

2. Igorance/arrogance - i.e. the folk still mixing with others despite the warning.

3. But more than anything else, a fat and unhealthy population (through choice). A population who are chronically ill with obesity / diabetes / heart disease ect...and being held together by modern medicine but have no reserves to fight something like this.

David Icke made a point recently, that none of the announcments around this have involved the government or medical establishment making any suggestions to the public as to steps they can make to ensure that they are any healthier or have stronger immune systems to fight this.

I've been thinking about this too and, like you, hesitated because it seems cruel. But I think a lot of this is a wake-up call from Mother Nature about how we live. Our Wonderful NHS, and systems like it, enables millions upon millions of people to be kept going in hugely sub-optimal health, many of them for their entire lives or for years after nature intended them to have a kindly death. In particular, those with dementia are simply walking corpses and there's a theory that demented elderly people go wandering off frequently because it's an instinct in them to allow themselves to die from exposure.

It's not just the elderly and mentally frail, we have millions of people with unavoidable (and avoidable) health conditions who are only kept going because of a complex, highly interconnected drug and healthcare system and other things such as open border immigration burdening the NHS with millions of people with health problems such as TB or congential problems from inbreeding.

For example on the So-Called BBC news there was a young man with severe cerebral palsy who was almost paralysed and unable to speak without subtitles being shown. He needs constant 24 hours care and cannot survive on his own. Now, if that young man was my own son, or brother, I would want him to get all the help he could; I don't blame any individuals but his case is a consequence of the system we have developed without question.

I think we may have to have a serious debate about this in the future, but it will be many years from now because anything like this is considered to be 'eugenics' and therefore a product of Nazism, despite nearly all developed countries having eugenics programmes before WW2.

Edited by Austin Allegro
  • Agree 7

2 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I've been thinking about this too and, like you, hesitated because it seems cruel. But I think a lot of this is a wake-up call from Mother Nature about how we live. Our Wonderful NHS, and systems like it, enables millions upon millions of people to be kept going in hugely sub-optimal health, many of them for their entire lives or for years after nature intended them to have a kindly death. In particular, those with dementia are simply walking corpses and there's a theory that demented elderly people go wandering off frequently because it's an instinct in them to allow themselves to die from exposure.

It's not just the elderly and mentally frail, we have millions of people with unavoidable (and avoidable) health conditions who are only kept going because of a complex, highly interconnected drug and healthcare system. For example on the So-Called BBC news there was a young man with severe cerebral palsy who was almost paralysed and unable to speak without subtitles being shown. He needs constant 24 hours care and cannot survive on his own. Now, if that young man was my own son, or brother, I would want him to get all the help he could; I don't blame any individuals but his case is a consequence of the system we have developed.

I think we may have to have a serious debate about this in the future, but it will be many years from now because anything like this is considered to 'eugenics' and therefore a product of Nazism, despite nearly all developed countries having eugenics programmes before WW2.

Very well put.

Because this is an emergency we're being told to self isolate as it's our civic duty to minimise the stress on the NHS.

But is it not also our civic duty to lower stress on the NHS by not eating drinking and smoking our way to poor health? Is this not a civic duty that most have neglected over the last few decades?

• Agree 8

Guest Account
18 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Very well put.

Because this is an emergency we're being told to self isolate as it's our civic duty to minimise the stress on the NHS.

But is it not also our civic duty to lower stress on the NHS by not eating drinking and smoking our way to poor health? Is this not a civic duty that most have neglected over the last few decades?

Big taxes on booze, enormous taxes on tobacco. Drinkers & smokers also pay income tax, and NI.