• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Turned Out Nice Again

The G.A.Y. music thread

I don't care if a musician is heterosexual, gay, bi, gender fluid or whatever label they choose. Irrelevant to me who plays it or their sexual orientation. I either like the music or I don't. Such is life!

Why has it became important to promote sexual orientation regarding achievement in music....or any field? No need IMO. People should put their creative products up for sale.

Sexual orientation, skin colour, religious faith, political opinion, current fads etc is not relevant IMO to make music.....oh, forgot to mention the biggie....flash lots of your in shape body, writhe a lot, exude rampant sexual longing/suggestion and wear the in type of clothing or very little and it'll help to sell your product.

Vast swathes of pop music output over the last, oh, 100 years or so has been massively influenced by gay writers, producers and performers.  It is probably easier to pick out the ones that haven't been (I'll suggest Sweet Home Alabama, but that's probably wrong).  If it wasn't for this influence we'd probably all be listening to Brahms* and thinking it was nice and catchy.

To even out the balance, I'll put up a nice song that isn't about gayness** sung by that most gayest of singers Andy Bell.

[* Ah.  Turns out Brahms was a transvestite.  Guess I'll have to try harder.  What about Tchaikovsky?]

[** or it might not be as innocent as it sounds.  I really can't tell anymore]

52 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I don't care if a musician is heterosexual, gay, bi, gender fluid or whatever label they choose. Irrelevant to me who plays it or their sexual orientation. I either like the music or I don't. Such is life!

Why has it became important to promote sexual orientation regarding achievement in music....or any field? No need IMO. People should put their creative products up for sale.

Sexual orientation, skin colour, religious faith, political opinion, current fads etc is not relevant IMO to make music.....oh, forgot to mention the biggie....flash lots of your in shape body, writhe a lot, exude rampant sexual longing/suggestion and wear the in type of clothing or very little and it'll help to sell your product.

Someone I knew made his teenage daughter chuck out all her Erasure tapes because they were gay. He loved Queen, as Freddie Mercury hadn't died of Aids yet, at the time. I always hope his daughter made him bin it all that day.

Edited by SNACR

8 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

Good for you. Meanwhile the rest of us mainly middle class, middle aged white blokes want to get on with proving how open minded we are, if you don't mind.

Edited by Rave