DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Icke Icke Baby

lid

Remember him on Grandstand as a kid, then he went on Wogan and became a figure of fun cos of the Turquoise shell suit/lizard people rant. 

Now I find myself watching videos of him and he's got me scratching my chin.

What's the score with Ickey, is he a fruit loop, is he a Messiah or should I start sniffing glue.

The world used to be so much simpler

• Agree 1

Virgil Caine
2 hours ago, lid said:

Remember him on Grandstand as a kid, then he went on Wogan and became a figure of fun cos of the Turquoise shell suit/lizard people rant. 

What's the score with Ickey, is he a fruit loop, is he a Messiah or should I start sniffing glue.

Start with the glue.

And Lo The Lord said there shall be a Saviour who is a goalkeeper and he shall come forth from the Coventry City youth team

• Lol 3

3 hours ago, lid said:

Icke is like a lot of 'out there people'.

Crazy as batshit on some things

Ahead of the curve on others

The trick is to remember that not everything they say is true.  Would you trust everything from the So-Called BBC?  No.  But you probably would trust their cooking pages and the weather...

• Agree 4

Happy Renting

Icke uses the boilerplate conspiracist formula that the gullible fall for.

1 ) Report the fucking obvious true news for credibility

2 ) Report stuff which is likely true, to appear 'ahead of the curve' whereas professional news sources hold back until the story is verified

3 ) Add nutjob stories for sensationalism and make the gullible think they are in on some sort of SECRET that the ILLUMINATI don't want them to know,  and that they are smarter than everyone else

4 ) Sell some sort of DVD and or book with weird gaudy advertising pictures consisting of galaxies, Earth, rays emanating from globes, brains, pyramids, eyes of Osiris or whatever wankery tickles the target gulliberati's paranoid fantasy

5 ) KERCHING!

6 ) Rinse and repeat. 

• Agree 6
  • Informative 2

3 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Icke uses the boilerplate conspiracist formula that the gullible fall for.

so you are saying he's not a batshit crazy fruit loop but in it for the money?

I suspect many at the Beeb are like him, but the money means they keep their traps shut most of the time, except for lecturing us to hug a migrant.

Frank Hovis

He thinks he's been touched by greater forces, which is probbaly the case for many people who start religions.

Icke claims he saw former British Prime Minister Ted Heath's eyes turn black while the two waited for a Sky News interview in 1989

In 1990, while spokesman for the Green Party, he visited a psychic who he said told him he had been placed on earth for a purpose and would begin to receive messages from the spirit world.[

Icke visited Shine four times. During the third meeting, on 29 March 1990, Icke claims to have felt something like a spider's web on his face, and Shine told him she had a message from Wang Ye Lee of the spirit world.[63][64] Icke had been sent to heal the earth, she said, and would become famous but would face opposition. The spirit world was going to pass ideas to him, which he would speak about to others. He would write five books in three years; in 20 years a new flying machine would allow us to go wherever we wanted and time would have no meaning; and there would be earthquakes in unusual places, because the inner earth was being destabilised by having oil taken from under the seabed.[60][65][66]

In February 1991 Icke visited a pre-Inca Sillustani burial ground near Puno, Peru, where he felt drawn to a particular circle of waist-high stones. As he stood in the circle he had two thoughts: that people would be talking about this in 100 years, and that it would be over when it rained. His body shook as though plugged into an electrical socket, he wrote, and new ideas poured into him. Then it started raining and the experience ended. He described it as the kundalini (a term from Hindu yoga) activating his chakras, or energy centres, triggering a higher level of consciousness.[67][11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

I think there's a bit of this inside of all of us.  A desire for there to be "other" and for us to be singled as special out of the common herd.  I knews omebody who was totally down to earth but having read a few books thought that Armageddon was coming in Israel and he was somehow part of it.  For Icke it was like a spirtual lottery win; what he had been desperately desiring came true in his mind.  And all he had to do was tell the world and he would be the new world leader.  He seems to have reconciled himself to the furrow he's currently ploughing and will keep doing it without the expectation of anything much changing.

That's why Harry Potter was so successful.  Lonely young boy living a fairly miserable existence is whisked away to a world where he finds he is not only a magician but famous.

For every lonely young boy living a fairly miserable existence there was their immediate escape in those books and films.  That's why people became obsessive about it.

Edited by Frank Hovis
  • Agree 2