DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Wimmin hours as background ....

spygirl

Working at home, womans hours on in background.

Reading out various tweets n messages from wimmin

Britains crafters can show us the way ....

I think im in one or another circle of hell.

Jesus.

Some bint on about living in cardboard box.

Not in the streets, in a house they bought.

Cats are in it now.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Frank Hovis

I have never met one woman who listens to "Woman's Hour"; it's not something I often discuss but when it has come up they say it's dreadful.

It's SJW central.

An equivalent "Man's Hour" on R4 would all be similar - toxic masculinity, soy milk, how to accept being cucked etc.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

An equivalent "Man's Hour" on R4 would all be similar - toxic masculinity, soy milk, how to accept being cucked etc.

I'd suggest that the equivalent 'men's hour' would be all about how it is fun to rape women who are clearly asking for it; the best way to shoot people who look a bit shady; reviews of the best manacles to keep women in the kitchen during daytime and bed during the night.  Ie, an absurd misunderstanding of masculinity that doesn't have any actual relevance to actual men.

• Agree 9

Austin Allegro

Just before Bojo's historic lockdown announcement last night, R4 had a programme about polyamory. It was a bunch of whiny middle class women saying 'So, yeah, no?' a lot and talking about how they were discriminated against because they were shagging two blokes at the same time. It really was totally surreal, like Marie Antoinette playing at being a shepherdess at Versailles while the mobs set fire to Paris.

• Agree 2

Lightly Toasted

There used to be a programme called "The Locker Room" that ostensibly looked into men's issues. This was back in the 1990s before Radio 4 had been ruined -- though I daresay the chisels were busy around the plinth, even back then.

As for Women's Hour, I used to accept it as a necessary irritation because if I turned off, I'd forget to put the radio back on.

The only amusing* thing I recall was some diary of an adventurous female traveller from long ago, who cavorted around Europe getting into scrapes and making conquests. Casanovette kind of thing iirc. Half way through it was exposed as a hoax but they continued the serialisation (in essence) because it ought to have been true!

* it was the hoax part and the blustering that was amusing; the "diary" was obviously a crude fake to anyone not invested in believing it.

Edited by Lightly Toasted
  • Agree 1

On 24/03/2020 at 11:07, Frank Hovis said:

I have never met one woman who listens to "Woman's Hour"; it's not something I often discuss but when it has come up they say it's dreadful.

It's SJW central.

I’ve listened to snippets over the years. You very occasionally get a good item - mainly health related, the rest is absolute bollocks (or should that be ovaries?)

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2020 at 11:07, Frank Hovis said:

It's SJW central.

Its entire raison d existence is dead.

It used to be for the wife, bringing up the kids.

Now the only wimmin at home are the scummy mummy, who watch Jeremy Kyle.

• Agree 4

Happy Renting

"Mainly for Men", untransmitted TV pilot programme, 1969.

Watch and cringe. Especially at 3:48.

Edited by Happy Renting