• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Thomas Piketty - Capital in the 21st Century and The Rise Of Social Justice

I want to start this thread as a neutral observer and to continue the work from the other side, because the work of Thomas Piketty's Capital In the 21st Century is an important historical text that people should be aware of.

Here's a quick debrief of his works.

piketty-capital-21st-century.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzQYA9Qjsi0

Basically Capital is King, and if you are poor, you are likely to remain poor unless you have inherited wealth. Social and wealth inequality lies entrenched in societies globally, which has been compounded by automation, technology, outsourcing, the destruction of worker unions, and even the monetary system based around debt and ultra low interest rates. Debt keeps people trapped.

I believe the year 2016 marked the end of the dominance of Capital and the start of the destruction of Capital. The western nations populations have become polarised to the Left and Right.

2017 has seen the rise, and rise of Social Justice (or known as SJW). This is very powerful force comprised of individuals all the way up to funded political lobby groups, and charities, which have mobilised people through social media on smartphones, via twitter, and facebook. It is hard to argue against social justice, as the call out of the opposing force is the usual line of discrimination and exclusion (bigotry at worst).

I'll give an example. We want lower house prices because they are too expensive. This is a noble cause. However this does not stop with social justice - houses the argument, should be free, or even the government should pay you to live in a house at the extreme end. No one should be able to own 2 houses, or even 1 house. Any other line will be discriminatory and exclusive to the social economically non-privileged.  This leads us to a Marxist/Communist state.

This is where the elite who have mobilised the left, that control Capital will become unstuck. I do not believe the elites in the UK who own businesses and control Capital, want a Marxist/Communist state as those administrations are destroyers of Capital.

The other route out of this must be war, which unites a nation through a common enemy, and the resumption of Capital as King in 21st Century which must prevail. The other option is Marxist/Communism, and the elites will only able to flee with barbarous gold.

Edited by 201p

My other line of thinking, is that, did Wall Street put a far right candidate like Trump in the Presidency seat? In a Marxist/Communist state, ownership rights would take second to people as a whole as making a profit over people would be shunned. There would be no stock market, there would be no stock or business ownership. There would no billionaire facebook or google stock holders. All that wealth would be redistributed by the ugly mob with pitch forks.

There would be no Monarchy, there would be no Kensington or Chelsea. The west fought so hard against Communism in the Vietnam war - why I wonder when we still a shift in political direction again?

Edited by 201p

The FT said that he'd cocked up his spreadsheet with transcription and formula errors, so his data doesn't actually say what he thinks it says.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/e1f343ca-e281-11e3-89fd-00144feabdc0

I haven't bothered checking myself because he's an economist. I just assume anything an economist says is bollocks.

An economist is to science what an astrologer is to astronomy. Either a charlatan chancer preying upon the gullible, or a deluded fantasist.

33 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I haven't bothered checking myself because he's an economist. I just assume anything an economist says is bollocks.

Not only that he's a French commie, so triple bollocks.