• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko2010

Your Favourite Song

In the spirit of another forum thread I saw here's the DOSBODS version!

No explanations or adlibbing allowed, just post the YouTube video and nothing else. You can have the same song as someone else.

Here's mine:

I don't think I have a favourite song as such but this one is right up there amongst my favourites:

'Old King Cole was a merry old soul

and a merry old was he'

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:18, Frank Hovis said:

Two great periods of my life come together in this superb song.

That's superb. (I don't often comment on others' selections)

There's more than just a touch of Marr's guitar work from "The Boy with the thorn in his side" in there. (or, the other way around)

Edited by DTMark

8 hours ago, DTMark said:

There's more than just a touch of Marr's guitar work from "The Boy with the thorn in his side" in there. (or, the other way around)

The album is Walking The Ghost Back Home. It will cost you £28 but Amazon have a copy of the re-release if you want it. I saw them back in the day and they were great. Shame they never really made it.

10 hours ago, DTMark said:

1 hour ago, NTB said:

The album is Walking The Ghost Back Home. It will cost you £28 but Amazon have a copy of the re-release if you want it. I saw them back in the day and they were great. Shame they never really made it.

Cheers Mark. Whilst I like their other songs and the ones Boo's written for others such as Patience of Angels for Edi Reader I don't think any really approach that one; it's totally from the heart.

He had a struggling existence up to that point, working in record shops and warehouses, and at one lost his job where he was (presumably wrongly as he doesn't seem the type) accused of theft.

One of which was Andy's Records in Cambridge at a time when I was often in there so he's near certain to have served me!

On 02/08/2017 at 14:52, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I like that. Hens teeth though. 300 copies of the EP on CDr. Don't think my chances of scoring a copy are very high.