DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Once In A Life Time - To Savour

Libspero

Frank Hovis

I've just come back from a lovely waterside walk in my shorts, warm, sunny, blue skies and just a light breeze to ripple the water. Superb.

The only minor downside is that with everyone off it was more popular than usual; though this means I saw thirty people rather than three so not too bad.

• Agree 1

Just now, One percent said:

They just knew that there would be civil unrest if the country sobered up. xD

Time proven moral booster..   only tempered by the fact that when you’re pissed every idea is a good idea.  Should make for some amusing A&E cases to boost doctors moral too!

Hope XYY’s camera removal surgery is going ok :/

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Between 9/11, that volcano, and this, I’ve already seen it 3 times. 😄

Beat me to it.

I lived in a village in the midlands when I grew up and I don't think we saw planes go over that weren't going to the RAF base at Hereford. And most of the time they were those low flying fast things you could barely have time to wave at before they were gone.

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
3 hours ago, Libspero said:

People have talked about no planes being the reason for the great weather..  while I’m not sure I believe that,  it is worth looking up at the sky and seeing something you will probably never see again..  perfect,  wall to wall,  blue..  no clouds..  no aircraft tramlines..  nothing.  Beautiful.

4291-DBC1-99-BB-40-D3-8623-4167-B21-F70-

We only normally get the occasional Spitfire.

I am missing them.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

I took my family out for officially sanctioned exercise time. We crossed roads that are usually death traps. We wandered under virtually silent skies (I live near Heathrow). We took our time and paid attention to the needs of others. We saw wildlife that is usually scared off by masses of people. We talked and walked and generally had a brilliant hour.

Fucking awesome. But the whole world wants to rush back to the shit show it was before. I'm a man out of time.

There were butterflies everywhere today.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

3 minutes ago, eight said:

There were butterflies everywhere today.

Funny you should say that I was just thinking same thing. The ones with the fake eyes on their wings. Can't be related to lockdown though surely? 

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
17 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

I took my family out for officially sanctioned exercise time. We crossed roads that are usually death traps. We wandered under virtually silent skies (I live near Heathrow). We took our time and paid attention to the needs of others. We saw wildlife that is usually scared off by masses of people. We talked and walked and generally had a brilliant hour.

Fucking awesome. But the whole world wants to rush back to the shit show it was before. I'm a man out of time.

The world is a lot nicer when it is a smaller place.

• Agree 5

11 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Funny you should say that I was just thinking same thing. The ones with the fake eyes on their wings. Can't be related to lockdown though surely? 

It was very warm and sunny. Still very early though.

Happy Renting
41 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

We only normally get the occasional Spitfire.

I am missing them.

Don't make me dig out that Alain de Cadenet video again....

Luxuriating in the peace and quiet on my walk to work and back each day. Currently live in a small city by 'mistake' having lived in a small village for 12 years previously. It's reminded me of what we left behind. If we ever needed any reminder or encouragement to move again then this is it. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

Amen to that.

I reckon once this all blows over McDonalds are going to have to come up with a marketing blitz like no other (as are all the fast-food shops that are currently closed). The only time I ever fancy a McDonalds is the day after I last had one... once people go for a few weeks/months without that shite, they'll be reluctant to go back.

(Obviously not everyone, the gluttons will be queueing up outside the day they're meant to re-open)

• Agree 3