DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Outsourcers Meet Their Vindaloo?

TheBlueCat

One percent

xD  superb. Shafting indigenous populations, all for the purpose of greed and larger profits, is going to come back and bite them on the arse in numerous ways. 

in this dase, i hardly think the infrastructure needed for home working is there. 

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

For banks - and probably other categories of organizations - that have outsourced stuff to India having their Indian team work from home isn't an option even if the telecoms infrastructure there could handle it, which it couldn't.

Doesn’t matter..  the whole western world is going into almost complete shutdown.

The US, India, Mexico..  all moving to full lock down.  I’m almost certain we will be doing the same from Monday.

Manufacturers are all being asked if they supply “essential services” eg, medical, food,  power etc.  With everything else closed..  who will need call centres?

• Agree 1

Just now, Libspero said:

With everything else closed..  who will need call centres?

You when your internet goes down or your phone refuses to connect to the network or your gas bill has three extra zeroes on it for no reason or you find a bunch of fraudulent transactions on your credit card or your Amazon order doesn't turn up or .. or or or or. Some companies will be able to switch the much reduced load to UK staff but quite a few have no footprint outside of India for support services.

• Agree 3

VIrgin Media have put an announcement on their website after this was announced that their call centres have been affected.

They have all 1st line in India from what I understand and that is one of the reasons you can't do anything off script with them.

Just now, One percent said:

Something else is afoot here. It’s killed, worldwide, around 21000 people and they shut the would world down. Something smells and it isn’t dead bodies piling up 

What worries me is how many people are cheering for massive state powers and lock down. 

If the government can control us this easily we do not have rights we have privileges  

• Agree 10
  • Informative 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Why can't Indians work from home ?

If Sky can sort it in Cardiff why not Mumbai ?

We have an Indian outsourcing company, they're working from home ok so far.

• Agree 1

Caught on farcebook that police are now going to be stopping cars, asking exactly what the driver is doing. Well, in a car, it isn't going to be spreading the virus like som CV Mary, so frankly, i don't think they have a right. 

There is something else going off here. 

The deep state globalists either want something or want to cover somthing up like an aepic financial crash

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Telecoms infrastructure there is shit - too much bribery and corruption involved. Also, as to my point above, most outsourcing contracts don't allow the staff to work anywhere other than in a heavily secured office for data privacy reasons. Would you really want some guy in India - a country notorious as a source of financial scammery - able to access your bank, telephone, internet and other details from home?!

• Agree 8

15 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/25/it_services_application_software_covid_19/

This is an angle I hadn't considered:

For banks - and probably other categories of organizations - that have outsourced stuff to India having their Indian team work from home isn't an option even if the telecoms infrastructure there could handle it, which it couldn't. In order to keep regulators onside, the outsourced banking operations over there have some extreme security measures attached - scanners in and out, no personal equipment of any kind allowed in, no printers in the building, CCTV everywhere and certainly no remote working. Good luck getting any telephone support from a whole raft of companies for the next 3-6 months too.

Nah.

Working remotely, and getting the resources and servers secure is a piece of piss for anyone who knows what they are doing, computerised...

Oh, Indian....

Expect stackexchage to fill up with - How do I sort out the firewall for xxxx'

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Wouldn't fancy calling someone like HSBC having their Indian employees working at home.....

• Agree 3

Just now, TheBlueCat said:

Telecoms infrastructure there is shit - too much bribery and corruption involved. Also, as to my point above, most outsourcing contracts don't allow the staff to work anywhere other than in a heavily secured office for data privacy reasons. Would you really want some guy in India - a country notorious as a source of financial scammery - able to access your bank, telephone, internet and other details from home?!

Roads are shit.

Drains are shit.

Nothing fucking works in Indian.

If a country of 1bln people cannot sort out the basic stuff the Roman's mastered 2 millenia ago theres fuckall chance of them doing software.

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

Caught on farcebook that police are now going to be stopping cars, asking exactly what the driver is doing. Well, in a car, it isn't going to be spreading the virus like som CV Mary, so frankly, i don't think they have a right. 

Give them a break, they're only following orders.

• Agree 1

One percent
2 minutes ago, eight said:

Give them a break, they're only following orders.

Yeah as the enforcement arm of the facist state in this instance. Imho of course. 

my battery is flat and so i need to rake my car on a longish drive so that when I actually need it, it will start. What to do?  Have a kaput car with no garages open or risk arrest?  This is beyond reasonable control. 

• Agree 1

Yeah as the enforcement arm of the facist state in this instance. Imho of course. 

my battery is flat and so i need to rake my car on a longish drive so that when I actually need it, it will start. What to do?  Have a kaput car with no garages open or risk arrest?  This is beyond reasonable control. 

Buy a battery charger? 

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

TheCountOfNowhere
30 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/25/it_services_application_software_covid_19/

This is an angle I hadn't considered:

For banks - and probably other categories of organizations - that have outsourced stuff to India having their Indian team work from home isn't an option even if the telecoms infrastructure there could handle it, which it couldn't. In order to keep regulators onside, the outsourced banking operations over there have some extreme security measures attached - scanners in and out, no personal equipment of any kind allowed in, no printers in the building, CCTV everywhere and certainly no remote working. Good luck getting any telephone support from a whole raft of companies for the next 3-6 months too.

Think this is why they're pulling in their mortgage lending, bugger all to do with not handing out magic beans to the sheeple.

They simply cant process the cries for more debt

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, t_v said:

VIrgin Media have put an announcement on their website after this was announced that their call centres have been affected.

They have all 1st line in India from what I understand and that is one of the reasons you can't do anything off script with them.

Virgin Media are beyond shocking.

Not all in India though; we've had the Philippines before now, although to be fair to them they were equally bad.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Strangely enough I just had a warning light go on in my  car last week. Popped into local garage and he says it's prob due to it being a diesel and needing a good blast after a few short trips. Drives absolutely fine so I'm not overly worried. He said it's extremely common. 

If I'm stopped I have a ready made excuse and a flashing light there on the dashboard as back up. Nice. :D

Unless my car blows up of course. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Think this is why they're pulling in their mortgage lending, bugger all to do with not handing out magic beans to the sheeple.

They simply cant process the cries for more debt

The main mortgage lending brokerage platform in Canada has been down for a couple of days apparently. I’m trying to find out where it’s run from but I think I can guess.

• Agree 2