DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The lockdown - no driving

Roger_Mellie

The word that keeps going around in my head to the response from gov/authorities is schizophrenic

Don't drive (Why?) but don't not not do your work from home or else

• Agree 4

One percent
7 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

So now, apparently, the police are pulling people over and asking where they're going to check if the journey is essential. According to the police bod on the news we have to do this to protect the NHS.

Bollocks, that's completely draconian.

If I get pulled over I'll refuse to wind my window down because isolation and social distancing.

I may be tempted to stop. :)

2B6B0F72-DEBD-4592-BCE7-F22A7CED4085.jpeg

• Lol 2

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

And?  Your problem?  xD

18 minutes ago, Loki said:

The word that keeps going around in my head to the response from gov/authorities is schizophrenic

Don't drive (Why?) but don't not not do your work from home or else

They can fucking arrest me they will soon release me once I sit in the back of the panda car and I tell them I work at a hospital and start coughing 

• Agree 6
  • Lol 1

It would have to be unnecessary driving in my opinion. Driving to and from work, essential shopping, separated parents between individual homes, going to hospital.

Driving for a pleasure trip to a local wood or beach or just for a drive around to get out the house etc will not be allowed

18 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Bollocks, that's completely draconian.

It’s just not been well communicated.

Either the government need to clarify their message.. or the police need to stop ad-libbing.   

If this is just the police interpreting the rules and making it up as they go along,  then they need to justify what risk they think people in their cars are,  and why they shouldn’t be used for all government specified “essential activities”. 

If this is government guidance then the government need to clarify..  and explain the same thing.

Broadly speaking..  if you explain there is a good reason for restrictions,  the public will go along with it in the spirit of necessity.  If you just make stuff up as you go along and don’t explain the reasoning,  people get pissed off.

• Agree 6

Bus Stop Boxer
Just now, Libspero said:

That’s fake,  surely?   

Are people going to have to start leaving their mobiles at home ?!  O.o

Chy-na. It came from Chy-na.

• Agree 2

Popuplights
Just now, Libspero said:

That’s fake,  surely?   

Of course it's fake. 

But it is exactly how they do it in China.

• Agree 3

AlfredTheLittle
4 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

It would have to be unnecessary driving in my opinion. Driving to and from work, essential shopping, separated parents between individual homes, going to hospital.

Driving for a pleasure trip to a local wood or beach or just for a drive around to get out the house etc will not be allowed

Why not though? You're not catching or spreading disease in your car, it's just the police wasting everyone's time to justify themselves

• Agree 3

Sucralose Ray Leonard
3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

That’s fake,  surely?   

Of course it's fake ya plonker 😂

4 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Surely if our vehicles are sitting at home undriven because we’re not allowed to go anywhere we will get a refund of our road tax?

Nah, the government don't like to often mention this publicly but VED (road tax) goes into the general kitty. It does not fund potholes or road building, it funds public sector pensions and migrant dossers.

They want everyone to think it funds pothole repairs etc , it's purposely misleading.

• Agree 8

5 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Broadly speaking..  if you explain there is a good reason for restrictions,  the public will go along with it in the spirit of necessity.  If you just make stuff up as you go along and don’t explain the reasoning,  people get pissed off.

No.

• About half will go along with it.
  • The other half will ignore it.

The problem is most reasonable people are in the go-along-with-it half.  All the scumsters are in the ignore-it half -- And the only message that the scumsters will understand is being forced to going along with it, with threats of fines or santions by not obeying. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Why not though? You're not catching or spreading disease in your car, it's just the police wasting everyone's time to justify themselves

Precisely..  especially when taking, say, your bike to the local woods would be fine.  You are much more likely to come into social contact on a bike than in your car.

One percent
9 minutes ago, Libspero said:

That’s fake,  surely?   

Yes i think it is but allso very good.  xD

1 minute ago, dgul said:

No.

• About half will go along with it.
  • The other half will ignore it.

The problem is most reasonable people are in the go-along-with-it half.  All the scumsters are in the ignore-it half -- And the only message that the scumsters will understand is being forced to going along with it, with threats of fines or santions by not obeying. 

Perhaps,  but surely it’s a good idea to get at least half of society on-board?   No point pissing off the reasonable people.o.O

5 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Personally I don’t think it’s a problem if I drive 4 miles and back to a quiet local beach have a walk then drive home. I live in a rural area and it’s very deserted currently but it could be more problematic having people free to drive around in highly populated areas ;)

• Agree 2