DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Has anyone NOT had this?

OurDayWillCome

OurDayWillCome

The amount of high profile people testing positive, and the amount of people who are already convinced they have had the virus makes me think most of the country has already caught this.

In the spirit of one-upmanship, I was probably one of the first to get it.

Edited by OurDayWillCome
  • Agree 7

Uptherebels
3 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

The amount of high profile people testing positive, and the amount of people who are already convinced they have had the virus makes me think most of the country has already caught this.

Who gave it to you?

• Agree 1

me. I haven't had it. 

So if the country could stay on lockdown until it goes away, so i don't get it. Would be appreciated. 

Unless i have had it, but didn't notice.  But lets stay on lockdown, just in case. 

• Agree 7
  • Lol 1

6 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I agree but it doesn't tally with the supposed amount official statistics are saying could have acquired it. Only approx 20% of the population is testing positive so far (according to testing figures) yet every man and his dog (especially "celebs") seem to have had it. It doesn't really make sense. Either it's everywhere and the tests are crap and showing loads of false negatives or a lot of celebs are saying they've had it without actually having been tested.

Edited by HolyCow
  • Agree 4

25 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

I agree but it doesn't tally with the supposed amount official statistics are saying could have acquired it. Only approx 20% of the population is testing positive so far (according to testing figures) yet every man and his dog (especially "celebs") seem to have had it. It doesn't really make sense. Either it's everywhere and the tests are crap and showing loads of false negatives or a lot of celebs are saying they've had it without actually having been tested.

It could also be that celebs on average come into close contact with more people than most. Although that would also apply to cops, doctors, checkout staff etc.

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

How do we define the group of high profile/celeb, what % of them have actually had it?

Also as @TheBlueCat mentioned they are more likely to go skiing, lots of parties and events with other high profile people.

Long time lurking
34 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

I agree but it doesn't tally with the supposed amount official statistics are saying could have acquired it. Only approx 20% of the population is testing positive so far (according to testing figures)

That`s an antigen test you would have to have to been inflected at the time ,this has IMO been spreading since December at the very latest in the UK 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Agree 2

Frank Hovis

I wouldn't know; some people have had symptoms so mild that if I had that I'd ignore it and go to work anyway.

If it has been swishing about in this country since January or even November then I don't see it as beyond the realms of possibility that half or more of the population has already had it.

All the negative results to date are just saying that they don't currently have it; not that they haven't had it and recovered.

Bring on the antibody test.

• Agree 7

I think London has probably had a lot of infections and that would explain all the celebs/politicians having had it plus it's supposed to be the hotspot. Everywhere else, minimal infection rates? That would explain the 20%, if in London it's much higher but balanced out by geographical testing everywhere.

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Bring on the antibody test.

My money is on we will never see them from the government unless you are a key worker

I have said many times ,we have had hundreds of flights in December from inflected parts of China to think this did not make it`s way over here on those flights is madness ,same could be said for flights from Italy and even Spain 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Agree 6

Frank Hovis
Just now, Long time lurking said:

My money is on we will never see them from the government unless you are a key worker

I have said many times ,we have had hundreds of flights in December from inflected parts of China to think this did not make it`s way over here on those flights is madness ,same could be said for Italy and even Spain 

The number of tests quoted is 3.5 million so that's going to be enough to extrapolate out into the population as a whole.

If one in twenty have had it then I'm highly unlikely to have had it; if ten in twenty then I may have done but certainly the growth predictions can be more than halved.

I've had proper flu two or three times; one feature is that I found it so hard to do anything, like getting up from a chair, that I never went to the doctor's so it's not recorded anywhere.

They don't need to test me personally to find out how the herd immunity is going. If they find 80% have had it I will assume that I have as well owing to the relatively high number of people I encounter daily at work.

• Agree 3

Virgil Caine

I am all for lockdown.

I can sit in my jimjams tapping at my laptop pretending to work while slugging down a bottle of red wine. If anything unpleasant on the work front comes up I can play the old VPN connection dropping out card to avoid it. I certainly don’t want to get the virus not least because once they have that anti body test they will use it to drive people back to the office.

• Agree 6

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, OurDayWillCome said:

So this is all your fault !!!

Virgil Caine
1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

It could also be that celebs on average come into close contact with more people than most. Although that would also apply to cops, doctors, checkout staff etc.

Celebs also fly about a lot and tend to congregate in London where the virus is most prevalent.

• Agree 1

Virgil Caine
36 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

I think London has probably had a lot of infections and that would explain all the celebs/politicians having had it plus it's supposed to be the hotspot. Everywhere else, minimal infection rates? That would explain the 20%, if in London it's much higher but balanced out by geographical testing everywhere.

They really needed to randomised testing in a variety of geographical with results kept separate from the hospital figures to get a true picture. It is a bit of a truism but hospitals are full of sick and vulnerable people so they skew the picture.

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

They really needed to randomised testing in a variety of geographical with results kept separate from the hospital figures to get a true picture. It is a bit of a truism but hospitals are full of sick and vulnerable people so they skew the picture.

I think they might be scared to roll out testing and have delayed getting a testing kit out (they are now saying a reliable one won't be available to the public for weeks) because it might show that most people have had this and that the death rates are actually quite small in comparison and that they've caused an economic apocalypse based on flawed data (the Imperial College study).

• Agree 9

4 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

I think they might be scared to roll out testing

Also think of the cost, if it's only £3 per person. And all the administration, and personnel on top of that.

Also @Virgil Caine, is right about hospitals being full of ill people.

Frank Hovis
6 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

I think they might be scared to roll out testing and have delayed getting a testing kit out (they are now saying a reliable one won't be available to the public for weeks) because it might show that most people have had this and that the death rates are actually quite small in comparison and that they've caused an economic apocalypse based on flawed data (the Imperial College study).

Tbh that's exactly what I'm expecting.

"Whoops, sorry about that."

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
12 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

I would bet good money on that being the case 

• Agree 2

Long time lurking
8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Also @Virgil Caine, is right about hospitals being full of ill people.

I think that`s the problem Italy and Spain are having as they are also full of the virus  !4% of the 70k positive tests Italy have are health workers :S

Amazing Polly@99freemind
· 13 Mar
The false positive results for COVID are off the charts, according to this study published in a medical journal. H/T @mocleirigh_o . https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32133832?fbclid=IwAR3KtTRFTp9eb0aA-8ThVONEMGeGhecOnjMJtIblbClp8ufahx71HOFSWdg