DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sidelining staff. estimate the cost

Reck B

My effort;

5 million on PAYE will be sidelined by their companies on an average of £1200 pcm for 2 months

(5,000.000 x 1200) x 2

x80%

= £9.6 billion

too low/high?

Edited by Reck B

7 minutes ago, Reck B said:

My effort;

5 million on PAYE will be sidelined by their companies on an average of £1200 pcm for 2 months

(5,000.000 x 1200) x 2

x80%

= £9.6 billion

too low/high?

I think way higher.

• Agree 1

Uptherebels
20 minutes ago, Reck B said:

My effort;

(5,000.000 x 1200) x 2

x80%

= £9.6 billion

too low/high?

Out of curiosity, where do you get the figure of 5 million from? I would have thought it's way higher than that.

5 minutes ago, Uptherebels said:

Out of curiosity, where do you get the figure of 5 million from? I would have thought it's way higher than that.

Just a hunch really. I think there are about 30million people on PAYE? Seemed a fair proportion of that on the basis that some of the 30 million will have been made redundant, some will remain fully employed and some will be placed on this.

Edited by Reck B

10 minutes ago, ccc said:

Every single company that can apply for this will. 

Up the estimate. A lot. 

They can’t just make it that easy to get can they?

Plus, one of the stipulations is that the staff must not work while on this status.

Wight Flight
6 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Plus, one of the stipulations is that the staff must not work while on this status.

In my experience 50% of staff do Feck all normally so just call it a round 15 million.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Looks like it. My burds recruitment place have already kicked it off and 15 will be off and 10 will continue on working. 

The ones that work will get 100% commission on any deals (Good luck) when previously would be halved with the person who sourced it / their client etc. 

MD not even considering they won't be successful when applying for it having looked through the details all week.

Will be told on Monday who will be off. And this is before it's even been confirmed by HMRC.... 

Very clear on the no work allowed aspect though. Incredibly clear - not even answering your phone or looking at a single email.

I'm assuming HMRC are rightly being very tough on this and any MD caught being dodgy will be facing jail time. Rightly so. 

40 minutes ago, ccc said:

Looks like it. My burds recruitment place have already kicked it off and 15 will be off and 10 will continue on working. 

The ones that work will get 100% commission on any deals (Good luck) when previously would be halved with the person who sourced it / their client etc. 

MD not even considering they won't be successful when applying for it having looked through the details all week.

Will be told on Monday who will be off. And this is before it's even been confirmed by HMRC.... 

Very clear on the no work allowed aspect though. Incredibly clear - not even answering your phone or looking at a single email.

I'm assuming HMRC are rightly being very tough on this and any MD caught being dodgy will be facing jail time. Rightly so. 

This was the problem with my husband’s employer. They wanted them to sign furlough but then told them they were 1 week on, 1 week off and that if their claim to the government wasn’t excepted then they’d have to take it out of holiday leave and future pay. They tried to make out that the CEO was doing it out of his own pocket. Last year they made 1.6 million in profits yet some of the men there who’ve been working for them for 20+ years are only on about £9 an hour. 

Under threat of being laid off yesterday, I sent him back to work with some information and he told them they couldn’t do that. By the afternoon they’d obviously done some more homework and laid half the staff off for at least 4 weeks. 

• Agree 1