• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

Design Icons

DMs. I had many pairs. I always bought them in twos, as a bipedal. Once were good. Not sure now. A brand that doesn't perhaps retain its magic.

Posted (edited)

Well my vote would be for the Eames chair, a 60/70s icon, I can see myself sitting in one smoking a cigar surrounded by pine panelling. Shame they're so pricey now.

https://iop.conranshop.co.uk/tr:w-850,h-850,f-webp/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/850x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/9/0/905916_1_3.jpg

Edited by spunko

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, spunko said:

Well my vote would be for the Eames chair, a 60/70s icon, I can see myself sitting in one smoking a cigar surrounded by pine panelling. Shame they're so pricey now.

You lying, pretentious twat.

You'd never even heard of them friggin' chairs, until your lass put on a recent edition of that shitty "doing-up old stuff up on TV" BBC afternoon show that our lass also watches.

I came home early the day them shitty chairs were featured, and can even tell you why the price is so high. It's because the pine from whatever South American shit-hole originally supplied it is now illegal to cut down and sell - for some Greta Eco-cunt reason. So now you can't repair them in any way that makes them "original" 'cos you must use different wood. For that reason, these monstrosities are now "collectable".

Your 70s chairs are fucking minging spunks - and their only value is to ponces with more money than fucking sense...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Anglepoise Lamp

Type 300 Telephone

Austin 7

Sony Walkman

31 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Oh no; that's only for tennis shoes and hiking boots.

First thing I do with shoes is relace them.