DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Dyson or Diesoon?

spygirl

2 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

By the time we get all these ventilators they won't be needed. Biggest waste of time in history.

And all the park railings will have been melted down for nothing.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 5

Roger_Mellie
1 minute ago, eight said:

That did also come to mind, I think they ended up all dumped in the north sea.

I remember asking my grandad about it when I was a nipper - why do all park walls have little metal stubs coming out of them?

• Agree 2

A Chinese man has been kept alive for the last five years thanks to a homemade ventilator that his family have to manually squeeze hundreds of times a day.

Fu Xuepeng was 25 when he collided with a car while riding his motorbike to a supermarket.

He was diagnosed with severe damage to his nervous system and has been paralysed from the neck down and unable to breathe unaided ever since.

Here :- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2270178/Chinese-man-kept-alive-years-HOMEMADE-ventilator-family-squeeze-18-times-minute.html

20 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Dyson either sucks or blows.... I can't make my mind up.

Try :-

NEGP-cuirassshirt-1940s.thumb.jpg.e721e6b2f1454946a389a134a8d997f1.jpg

That's the most realistic blow up doll I've ever seen!

I bet it snags too.

• Agree 2

The Generation Game
3 hours ago, spygirl said:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/mar/26/from-vacuum-cleaners-to-ventilators-can-dyson-make-the-leap

Will they deliver 10k in the next few week?

Even if they got all the bits in stock, the design looks fiddly. Can they assemble that many?

Is it even relevant? I thought the stats were showing that those that went onto ventilators were dying anyway (they weren't saving lives)?

• Agree 1

I don't suppose James Dyson is doing this out of the kindness of his heart. I was a bit annoyed that he got to do it, tbh, when so many companies were also doing their bit and won't get the recognition. Money goes to money. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Battenberg said:

I don't suppose James Dyson is doing this out of the kindness of his heart. I was a bit annoyed that he got to do it, tbh, when so many companies were also doing their bit and won't get the recognition. Money goes to money. 

To give his dues, Dyson have a very good electric motors n control systems n batteries.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Is it even relevant? I thought the stats were showing that those that went onto ventilators were dying anyway (they weren't saving lives)?

Stats aren't really showing much yet as far as I can tell. It probably takes longer to recover than die so early numbers are likely going to look worse than the real picture.

• Informative 1

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

To give his dues, Dyson have a very good electric motors n control systems n batteries.

Is that true though. I know they have good marketing and are expensive but I had the impression they were a bit like apple and there were enormous toxic waste mountains of the things which have croaked after 2 or 3 years. I have a Miele vac that is now 31 years old. To be fair another Miele bought 15 years after that [for a different house] didn't last much longer than a decade.

They don't make em like when I was a lad :)

3 minutes ago, BWW said:

Is that true though. I know they have good marketing and are expensive but I had the impression they were a bit like apple and there were enormous toxic waste mountains of the things which have croaked after 2 or 3 years. I have a Miele vac that is now 31 years old. To be fair another Miele bought 15 years after that [for a different house] didn't last much longer than a decade.

They don't make em like when I was a lad :)

Yes.

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/market-sectors/power/dyson-vacuums-104000rpm-brushless-dc-technology-2009-06/

Keep in mind, a ventilator is just a big pump.

Needs motor, battery back up, control system and gas detectors.

Not far off a vacuum.

Austin Allegro
6 hours ago, eight said:

'Saucepans for Spitfires' got dumped as well apparently, or at least never got made into aeroplanes.

I also suspect the millions of NHS auxiliaries standing-to might never get their call up papers either.

Edited by Austin Allegro

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

'Saucepans for Spitfires' got dumped as well apparently, or at least never got made into aeroplanes.

I also suspect the millions of NHS auxiliaries standing-to might never get their call up papers either.

Might have been wishful thinking, but the news seemed to be playing down expected deaths.

6 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Is it energy efficient? Is it going to cost ten times more than other ventilators? 

It'll cost whatever the government is willing to pay.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

They already have a trademark? Usually takes 3 months to get one? ¬¬

The have a Totally Meaningless,  not a ®egistered trademark. Anyone can award themselves one of those instantly. 

Edited by TheBlueCat
  • Agree 1