• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Mellie

What you having for tea tonight?

1 minute ago, Roger_Mellie said:

2 weeks indoors, and the well of things to say is running dry...

Anyhoo... Shepherd's pie for us, made with my own fair hand of course.

Sossidge chips "n" beans.

Roastie tomorrow.

Next week i will be hitting the freezer hard to make room for an ASDA delivery next Monday. 

But then what happens if they substitute chicken beef and pork for 50 tins of cat meat????

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Donald McFlurry said:

Just done a peri peri chicken on the barbecue.

Sounds nice. Australia? 

12 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Roastie tomorrow.

Next week i will be hitting the freezer hard to make room for an ASDA delivery next Monday. 

But then what happens if they substitute chicken beef and pork for 50 tins of cat meat????

I love sausage, chips and beans.

Boring story alert... I had my tonsils out when I was 6. The nurse asked me what my favourite meal was, "sausage, chips and beans" I replied. Everyone cracked up laughing but I couldn't understand why:ph34r:

Edited by Roger_Mellie

15 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Roastie tomorrow.

Then I guess the cat will eat like a king.

2 Sausages, some chipped potatoes roasted in the oven and half a tin of Lidl mushy peas. First time I have tried the peas but they were yummy. I have a bottle of champagne from Christmas which I decided to open last night so had a glass of that. No point in hanging on to it.

Now for the second half of the Lidl fruit cocktail that I opened earlier.

Turkey breast joint from Tesco. Roast pots. Some green beans roasted with lemon that I saw the hairy bikers do. 

Rachel Allen did a quick chicken biryani today.  I might have a go at that tomorrow.

It's all a bit strange. Usually at least on take away at the weekend and usually don't know if my children will be about and want fed. 

17 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Chilli con carne, salad and cheesy garlic breads.

My teens are cooking me a chilli tonight. There's a lot of arguing taking place! Still, I get a night off from cooking dinner for the first time in ages, so I'll enjoy it, and am in the meantime supping some draft beer from a keg and some proper Black Country pork scratchings.

Half a jar of Homepride Creamy tomato and herb pasta bake, on pasta, topped with grated cheese. Half a garlic bread baguette. Lidl Tiramisu. 

Tomorrow it's make a pizza base. tomato puree, half a tin of mushrooms, sliced tomato, grated cheese. Half a tin of fruit cocktail.

Next day it's throw the 1/2 tin of mushrooms in with the half a jar of pasta bake with the half of garlic bread baguette. The other half a tin of fruit cocktail.

It ain't fancy but I won't starve.

12 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Young's or Birdseye? There's something about processed food, can't beat a Birdseye cod fillet in batter.

Birdseye. I sometimes get the Youngs beer battered cod, tastes nice enough but it tends to go a bit soggy when I try to cook it in the oven. The Birdseye cod cooks perfectly each time. 

2 minutes ago, muggle said:

Starter

Scallops gratin, creamed leeks, mussels, herb mash

Main

Baked salmon fillet, braised leeks, caramelised cauliflower purée,
mussels, garlic and spinach cream

Basically I am eating as well as I can, whilst I still can!

Bloody hell, all round to yours tomorrow. :)

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

2 Sausages, some chipped potatoes roasted in the oven and half a tin of Lidl mushy peas. First time I have tried the peas but they were yummy. I have a bottle of champagne from Christmas which I decided to open last night so had a glass of that. No point in hanging on to it.

Now for the second half of the Lidl fruit cocktail that I opened earlier.

why not have the whole tin?