• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

China Backlash?

Just now, MrPin said:

The soul and teachings of the holy "John Noakes" will guide them on their way to Birmingham, and revelation.

I'd up my medication a tad if I were you Pinny 🥴

6 hours ago, spunko said:

Taking manufacturing back is going to be made very difficult by the Chinese. They've had to entangle themselves around Westminster for years to get the 5G contract... I can't see it being pretty. Maybe the Japs will invade them again.

I think they are pretty angry and will get angrier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8163707/amp/Chinas-efforts-blame-coronavirus-army-delegation-Wuhan-infuriate-No-10.html

China's efforts to blame coronavirus on a US army delegation to Wuhan infuriate No. 10 as Boris Johnson's advisers say Beijing's statistics on its cases could be downplayed by a factor of 40 

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

I'd up my medication a tad if I were you Pinny 🥴

You are confusing "seeing the truth" with seeing "all that is not here". I do not need any drugs, as I am enlightened.

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Don't forget, to get the manufacturing in the first place Western govts and banks facilitated the selling of entire manufacturing lines from factories the world over and shipped them lock, stock and barrel to China. 

Making stuff is easy if you have the machines to make the machines to make the machines which make stuff.

Starting point is buying home manufactured goods with the hope they then develop more localised supply chains for component parts. 

6 hours ago, Option5 said:

The Chinese economic miracle has one big weakness. They work on the theory that they control what they invest in/lend for. They lend money to lots of African countries for instance to build infrastructure projects on the assumption that they will gain goodwill and power in those countries. The Africans just see them as mugs. I mean what will they do if they don't pay the loans back, dig up the railways?

The ideals they work to are just wrong 

“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.” ― Lao Tzu. 

Incorrect, it should be "There is no greater danger than overestimating yourself"

Assuming that the rest of the world's population will act in a way you want is bound to fail. Look at the British Empire as a good example.

I think it would be more about seizing the underlying assets (i.e. expanding the Chinese Empire).

5 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

I'll break down your questions into detail as worthy of a considered response.

Are we really going to continue to trade with those fuckers as if nothing happened? Yes, we are.

Are we, for example, going to allow Huawei to own our telecoms infrastructure? Yes, we are.

Are we going to allow their citizens to study at UK institutions? Yes, we are.

Are we going to allow them to buy our companies? Yes we are.

I mean, are we really? See above.

They were rhetorical questions that I'm sure we all know the answer to, but yes. I was thinking about what I could personally do to boycott China and other countries that operate wildlife markets and it's extremely difficult given the range of products involved. The only way something can be done is with coordinated government action, but then the virtue signallers will be up in arms about it being racist so that won't happen. Cunts, all of them.

6 hours ago, Option5 said:

The Chinese economic miracle has one big weakness. They work on the theory that they control what they invest in/lend for. They lend money to lots of African countries for instance to build infrastructure projects on the assumption that they will gain goodwill and power in those countries. The Africans just see them as mugs. I mean what will they do if they don't pay the loans back, dig up the railways?

The ideals they work to are just wrong 

“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.” ― Lao Tzu. 

Incorrect, it should be "There is no greater danger than overestimating yourself"

Assuming that the rest of the world's population will act in a way you want is bound to fail. Look at the British Empire as a good example.

The Chinese can be very easily fucked over Africa could well lead the way regarding saying fuck off we ain’t paying you back 

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

They were rhetorical questions that I'm sure we all know the answer to, but yes. I was thinking about what I could personally do to boycott China and other countries that operate wildlife markets and it's extremely difficult given the range of products involved. The only way something can be done is with coordinated government action, but then the virtue signallers will be up in arms about it being racist so that won't happen. Cunts, all of them.

Tax imports based on shipping distance, make it a green tax.

Just now, Option5 said:

Tax imports based on shipping distance, make it a green tax.

That's certainly one mechanism that could be used, but I bet it won't be. At the very least, the government should pull its head out of its arse and admit that the Yanks are right about Huawei and tell that fucking company to get the hell out of the UK right now and never come back. In the scheme of a what's likely to be a 500B+ black hole, a few more billion to go with a 5G solution that is far from economically critical anyway is chump change.

Posted (edited)

Well I read that there have been 4 "neo viruses" created since 2000 and they all come from China. Chy-na.

How will the next one be created, someone getting bored and buttfucking a panda corpse? Spitroasting a diseased badger cadavar and smothering the remains over their prawn crackers?

CHY-NA.

Edited by spunko

54 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Are the Dragon's Den twats still saying "we can make i cheaper in China" to put UK workers out of a job?

I've been looking for a wholesaler of some custom boxes but not in China. Sadly all the UK wholesalers just buy from China and print them here... And charge 3x more. Nothing is made here now, or even in Europe. I genuinely cannot find a company that MAKES (not prints on) custom cardboard boxes unless the order size is <100.

Whereas on Ali Express there are 100s of Chinese companies all fighting for my custom.

6 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

That's certainly one mechanism that could be used, but I bet it won't be. At the very least, the government should pull its head out of its arse and admit that the Yanks are right about Huawei and tell that fucking company to get the hell out of the UK right now and never come back. In the scheme of a what's likely to be a 500B+ black hole, a few more billion to go with a 5G solution that is far from economically critical anyway is chump change.

The fact that Huawei was even discussed when it came to anything involving our critical infrastructure, let alone considered, just goes to show how far down the rabbit hole we have gone.

Obviously nothing to do with nice little sinecures for ex GCHQ staff either...

19 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

The Chinese government suppressed news about the virus early on and will likely do very little to stop something similar happening again. The result is going to be likely 100s of thousands of needless deatha and utter economic chaos for years to come. Are we really going to continue to trade with those fuckers as if nothing happened? Are we, for example, going to allow Huawei to own our telecoms infrastructure? Are we going to allow their citizens to study at UK institutions? Are we going to allow them to buy our companies? I mean, are we really?

Yes. 

3 hours ago, spunko said:

Well I read that there have been 4 "neo viruses" created since 2000 and they all come from China. Chy-na.

How will the next one be created, someone getting bored and buttfucking a panda corpse? Spitroasting a diseased badger cadavar and smothering the remains over their prawn crackers?

CHY-NA.

Has xyz man gone on holiday to China? 

Posted (edited)

Our leaders are bought and paid for, not by us, we're all skint after our jobs all went to China. Seriously, look at his cunt, they literally won't hear criticism of China.

Edited by whitevanman

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, stokiescum said:

The Chinese can be very easily fucked over Africa could well lead the way regarding saying fuck off we ain’t paying you back 

How come Chinese colonialism doesn't provoke a peep out of the SJWs?

Edited by HolyCow

15 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Starting point is buying home manufactured goods with the hope they then develop more localised supply chains for component parts. 

Maybe it should start the other way. Isn't that how the far east built their manufacturing sector. Hong Kong was once known for its cheap poor quality consumer goods. How it makes sense to produce plastic tat in China and ship it round the world has never made much sense to me. I always thought proximity to market made more sense. 

I once worked for a plastic injection moulding company. They supplied amongst other products fasteners for the motor industry. The total value of their products in a car was less than £10, back then. The cost savings from having them made in China was negligble. For the manufacturer though the cost saving from producing them in China would be considerable. The cost of running the machines was higher in Western Europe because the machine minders and maintenance engineers wages and salaries were considerably greater than they would be in China. The premises would cost more to run, not just the capital value but the cost of utilities, business rates and so on. 

Even given the additional costs of production in the UK the company generated a net margin in excess of 20%. It was so good I tried to get a group of workers and investors to buy out their machines and start up our own manufacturing company when the parent company restructured their European operations and moved production out of the UK. 

These components were for goods we still produce in the UK. From my limited knowledge a large element of our production is assembly of products designed elsewhere. I've not delved into our manufacturing capability so have limited knowledge of what we produce. There's a lot of aerospace, high value added when we also need more consumer and electronic goods to increase awareness of UK manufacturing capability.

3 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Maybe it should start the other way. Isn't that how the far east built their manufacturing sector. Hong Kong was once known for its cheap poor quality consumer goods. How it makes sense to produce plastic tat in China and ship it round the world has never made much sense to me. I always thought proximity to market made more sense. 

I once worked for a plastic injection moulding company. They supplied amongst other products fasteners for the motor industry. The total value of their products in a car was less than £10, back then. The cost savings from having them made in China was negligble. For the manufacturer though the cost saving from producing them in China would be considerable. The cost of running the machines was higher in Western Europe because the machine minders and maintenance engineers wages and salaries were considerably greater than they would be in China. The premises would cost more to run, not just the capital value but the cost of utilities, business rates and so on. 

Even given the additional costs of production in the UK the company generated a net margin in excess of 20%. It was so good I tried to get a group of workers and investors to buy out their machines and start up our own manufacturing company when the parent company restructured their European operations and moved production out of the UK. 

These components were for goods we still produce in the UK. From my limited knowledge a large element of our production is assembly of products designed elsewhere. I've not delved into our manufacturing capability so have limited knowledge of what we produce. There's a lot of aerospace, high value added when we also need more consumer and electronic goods to increase awareness of UK manufacturing capability.

If you're saying there was an ideological as well as financial aspect to offshoring then I would agree with you and have said as much on here before.