• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Sucralose Ray Leonard

What does the future hold for Travellers.

Posted (edited)

Apart from the usual activities associated with the "Traveller community", what are they going to do now? 

Clearly no tax returns, so no government payment to see them through at this present time. Can't see many folk wanting their drives Tarmaccing and most folk have nowt better to do than "landscape" their own gardens at present. 

Also seems like we are heading for a cashless society. (hmmmm, conveniently) with cash being scorned at for transmitting germs and viruses and the contactless payment limit being raised. 

Do we need to deflate the tyres on our (leisure) caravans and bring the power tools inside? 

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard
Spellink

2 minutes ago, Option5 said:

People will need all the rubbish from their gardens and DIY endeavours disposing of.......just saying.

Quite possibly. Twas due to seeing a "Traveller" van drive past my house twice this morning that got me thinking. 

This is a very good point.

There is no benefit in stealing garden furniture and power tools when nobody is going to answer the door to buy them from you.

Catalytic converters can still be sawn off but again: no buyers.

And pensioners can no longer be conned into vastly overpaying for unnecessary building work.

They've had it haven't they? :D

6 minutes ago, snaga said:

Many Travellers are loaded with gold & cash. Perhaps the rich ones will take care of their poorer friends?

There's some truth in that, as they are a close knit community, probably all with the same surname, but different fathers.

A couple of motorbikes have been lifted by transits with various fake decals o them.

Going forward, I think pikeys are being blown apart.

At the high level, Im pretty sure that theres a inter copper intelligence scheme targeting pikeys crime.

Al of pikeys went beyond rural knicking and are no dealing A class and involedin people smuggling, not just the pet dosser in a caravan scam.

The large scale arrests, across county boundaries is pointing to  this.

The accidental killiong ofthe copper by the pikeys off to steam fair has probably now confirmed the trend.

https://www.nwcu.police.uk/news/wildlife-crime-press-coverage/nineteen-arrested-after-dawn-raids-across-the-country-including-traveller-camp-over-series-of-break-ins-that-targeted-chinese-artefacts-worth-millions/

https://www.newmarketjournal.co.uk/news/police-storm-traveller-site-just-outside-newmarket-in-connection-to-more-than-50-burglaries-9086372/

At the low level, facebook and phone camaeras have turbo charged the local neighbour watch - mcuh more OAPS looking out of the window now.

Ive watched incidents where a the FB drums have started as soon as a transit with Darlo plates has entered the area, with people tracking its progress from village to village, endign with the police arriving and knickign them.

There are not a lot of travellers - sub 500k. Most are OK if a bit fly.

Its only a hard core of ~100k that get involved in the OTT, gormless shit.

They are not hard to track down FFS. A small number of sites, a small number of surnames and connections and APR systems picking up the vans and what not.

Its very hard to run a non registered car on motorways/A roads. The automatic stuff is getting better and better

1 hour ago, snaga said:

Many Travellers are loaded with gold & cash. Perhaps the rich ones will take care of their poorer friends?

Why does no other branch of the crim world take them on and take it off them.

Maybe if ganja was legalised the crims currently doing that may see that as an outlet for their skills.

Since our plod won't touch it maybe it would fix the problem [of people extorting the vulnerable + old, travellers are welcome to whatever lifestyle provided they keep to the local laws of their host country IMO, the woke lose half of that sentiment.]

1 hour ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Can't buy groceries with Gold and dodgy reams of £20 notes they have wont be accepted in supermarkets. 

You can pay with 20's in a supermarket. I almost always buy with cash up to about 150. ATMs always give 20's or lower IME.

15 minutes ago, spygirl said:

A couple of motorbikes have been lifted by transits with various fake decals o them.

Going forward, I think pikeys are being blown apart.

At the high level, Im pretty sure that theres a inter copper intelligence scheme targeting pikeys crime.

Al of pikeys went beyond rural knicking and are no dealing A class and involedin people smuggling, not just the pet dosser in a caravan scam.

The large scale arrests, across county boundaries is pointing to  this.

The accidental killiong ofthe copper by the pikeys off to steam fair has probably now confirmed the trend.

https://www.nwcu.police.uk/news/wildlife-crime-press-coverage/nineteen-arrested-after-dawn-raids-across-the-country-including-traveller-camp-over-series-of-break-ins-that-targeted-chinese-artefacts-worth-millions/

https://www.newmarketjournal.co.uk/news/police-storm-traveller-site-just-outside-newmarket-in-connection-to-more-than-50-burglaries-9086372/

At the low level, facebook and phone camaeras have turbo charged the local neighbour watch - mcuh more OAPS looking out of the window now.

Ive watched incidents where a the FB drums have started as soon as a transit with Darlo plates has entered the area, with people tracking its progress from village to village, endign with the police arriving and knickign them.

There are not a lot of travellers - sub 500k. Most are OK if a bit fly.

Its only a hard core of ~100k that get involved in the OTT, gormless shit.

They are not hard to track down FFS. A small number of sites, a small number of surnames and connections and APR systems picking up the vans and what not.

Its very hard to run a non registered car on motorways/A roads. The automatic stuff is getting better and better

My grandad (Irish) used to buy ponies off the real Irish gypsies. They were honourable, honest and straightforward to deal with. They broke traffic laws (trap racing) and poached on private land, other than that they were no trouble. The poaching was because they didn't believe a wild animal could be owned by anyone. Livestock were left alone as they could be owned.

Their lifestyle and some of their beliefs were a bit odd, but then compared to some religions they were sensible.

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

My grandad (Irish) used to buy ponies off the real Irish gypsies. They were honourable, honest and straightforward to deal with. They broke traffic laws (trap racing) and poached on private land, other than that they were no trouble. The poaching was because they didn't believe a wild animal could be owned by anyone. Livestock were left alone as they could be owned.

Their lifestyle and some of their beliefs were a bit odd, but then compared to some religions they were sensible.

Pretty much don't "oblige" their horses or the matriarch of the tribe, and they leave you alone. Get a locking petrol cap though.

13 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I think these have died out.

I used to see the odd wooden Romany caravan with a horse pastured nearby on wide roadside verges up the 80s but these were generally old guys by themselves seeing out their lives as they'd started them.

They were absolutely no trouble and one village clubbed together to buy a new horse for one when his died.

I can't see a village clubbing together to buy a new Mercedes 4x4 for one of the current crop of lawbreakers.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I think these have died out.

I used to see the odd wooden Romany caravan with a horse pastured nearby on wide roadside verges up the 80s but these were generally old guys by themselves seeing out their lives as they'd started them.

They were absolutely no trouble and one village clubbed together to buy a new horse for one when his died.

I can't see a village clubbing together to buy a new Mercedes 4x4 for one of the current crop of lawbreakers.

I could have let them have my wanked out old Cadillac.