• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Sucralose Ray Leonard

What does the future hold for Travellers.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Not if cashless takes off :-) 

Will enough people realise that it's a desirable political act of border line  civil disobediance to insist on cash before it's too late?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave Beans said:

So that's how you break cars, Mr P...

North Star Engine. Cylinder head goes. It's a common problem. Do not buy one apart from Stock Car or Banger Racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I was thinking local scrap dealers.

You will find there is  normally one main dealer in an area that knows the prices ,who then sell on to J&M  who recover the metals  

There have been a  few traveling buyers that used to go around all the scrapie`s/garages once every few months ,generally cockneys who know of J&M and their prices

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will a group of lawless people who don't fear the police do now that there are no police anyway as they're all harassing dog walkers? Well I wonder.

They do have bank cards and accounts, which they use to pay for their white flashy PCP Mercedes. So at a guess.... they'll take the piss even more. 

The only way to stop them is citizen action imo. Don't know how far away we are from that, but going by most people's attitude on here of not being overly arsed about pikeys, I suspect that won't happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, spunko said:

What will a group of lawless people who don't fear the police do now that there are no police anyway as they're all harassing dog walkers? Well I wonder.

They do have bank cards and accounts, which they use to pay for their white flashy PCP Mercedes. So at a guess.... they'll take the piss even more. 

The only way to stop them is citizen action imo. Don't know how far away we are from that, but going by most people's attitude on here of not being overly arsed about pikeys, I suspect that won't happen 

Attitude is down to exposure.

There are very few down here and the nearest places they regularly enter land illegally are Plymouth and for some reason Weston; though I do remember some at Bodmin last year.

They seem a lot more numerous and therefore visible in the east of the country: Kent and Essex England in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

They seem a lot more numerous and therefore visible in the east of the country: Kent and Essex England in particular.

East of the country gets a lot less rain.

I would imagine that full-timing in a caravan is a bit of a pisser in a wet climate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bornagain said:

East of the country gets a lot less rain.

I would imagine that full-timing in a caravan is a bit of a pisser in a wet climate.

 

I recommend a roof, and not living in a yurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A practical question: how do Plod enforce travel restrictions on our caravan-dwelling friends?

Or do they not bother, and instead go for little old ladies walking their dog on the moors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

A practical question: how do Plod enforce travel restrictions on our caravan-dwelling friends?

Or do they not bother, and instead go for little old ladies walking their dog on the moors?

They rarely travel, despite the name... Council evictions will cease now too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spunko said:

They rarely travel, despite the name... Council evictions will cease now too.

Have you got a spare space or two for DOSBODDERS with a caravan, and a Transit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who are gloatingly predicting the end of pikeydom (I wish you were all correct btw), I think an important point has been missed - afaik pikeys (ludicrously) have been accorded the status of an ethnic minority, so if they start to suffer any particular difficulties associated with their being pikeys, they'll be able to use the law. Police campaign against their criminality? WACIST.

The tendrils of Blair and Brown are still deeply embedded through the media and the legal and administrative system in the UK, their people are everywhere still. Cameron and May never attempted to purge them, I think Cummings/Bojo have this aim but they'll probably need 2 parliaments to achieve it thanks to this Covid19, and anyway who knows what other troughing/cuntishness they might do themselves in the meantime.

 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/travellers-formally-recognised-as-an-ethnic-minority-1.2994309

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/protected-characteristics/gypsies-and-travellers-race-discrimination/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Option5 said:

My grandad (Irish) used to buy ponies off the real Irish gypsies. They were honourable, honest and straightforward to deal with. They broke traffic laws (trap racing) and poached on private land, other than that they were no trouble. The poaching was because they didn't believe a wild animal could be owned by anyone. Livestock were left alone as they could be owned.

Their lifestyle and some of their beliefs were a bit odd, but then compared to some religions they were sensible.

Tinkers v Navvies.

UK has always had a number of tinkers floating around, doing seasonal farm work.

Then theres navvies. Tge more problematic pikey shite holes are always near railway towns - Darlo, Yawk, Oxford, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

For those who are gloatingly predicting the end of pikeydom (I wish you were all correct btw), I think an important point has been missed - afaik pikeys (ludicrously) have been accorded the status of an ethnic minority, so if they start to suffer any particular difficulties associated with their being pikeys, they'll be able to use the law. Police campaign against their criminality? WACIST.

The tendrils of Blair and Brown are still deeply embedded through the media and the legal and administrative system in the UK, their people are everywhere still. Cameron and May never attempted to purge them, I think Cummings/Bojo have this aim but they'll probably need 2 parliaments to achieve it thanks to this Covid19, and anyway who knows what other troughing/cuntishness they might do themselves in the meantime.

 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/travellers-formally-recognised-as-an-ethnic-minority-1.2994309

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/protected-characteristics/gypsies-and-travellers-race-discrimination/

 

 

All bullshit.

Pikeys come from some travelling unskilled workers from Ireland.

They exploded out with Cromwell.

Floated around, doing farmworkers, turbo charged as navvies during railways, been floating around ever since.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MrPin said:

As I stare at my cheapo phone, I am amazed that Chinese artifacts are worth "millions". I'll not be mugged for this one.

"... more than £20million of jade artefacts and rhino horns from museums. Police believe the items may have been stolen to order for Chinese collectors. Hundreds of officers from 26 forces arrested 17 men and two women in simultaneous raids. Detectives suspect they may be linked to the notorious Rathkeale Rovers gang that has burgled up to 100 museums across Europe since 2011."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spygirl said:

All bullshit.

Pikeys come from some travelling unskilled workers from Ireland.

They exploded out with Cromwell.

Floated around, doing farmworkers, turbo charged as navvies during railways, been floating around ever since.

 

More bollocks than has ever been spoken on the subject whatsoever.

You know absolutely fuck-all about pikeys.

Nothing.

Nowt.

Nada.

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tightly knit smallish groups with a strong family commitment, only occasional interactions with other traveller groups and a natural aversion to everyone else.

I think they'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

More bollocks than has ever been spoken on the subject whatsoever.

You know absolutely fuck-all about pikeys.

Nothing.

Nowt.

Nada.

 

XYY

I know everything flabby arse

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers

Pikeys are are a smallish group of Irish farm labourers whove interbred within a small community for about 300 years.

The generics does not point to a distinct genetic pool. It points to a limited pool, that broke off from the the other Oirish a couple of 100 years ago.

They are no more a distinct ethnic  group than the interbreeding scum in Boosbeck or North Ormesby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spygirl said:

I know everything flabby arse

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers

Pikeys are are a smallish group of Irish farm labourers whove interbred within a small community for about 300 years.

The generics does not point to a distinct genetic pool. It points to a limited pool, that broke off from the the other Oirish a couple of 100 years ago.

They are no more a distinct ethnic  group than the interbreeding scum in Boosbeck or North Ormesby.

Not interested in any bullshit that spews from your gob.

You know nowt.

You've seen nowt.

And you are nowt...

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Not interested in any bullshit that spews from your gob.

You know nowt.

You've seen nowt.

And you are nowt...

 

XYY

Self isolation - day 6.

Already put piccy of my flabby arse on internet. Now to start an argument with the cleverest, handsomest man on the interweb.....

Self isolation  - day 7

Gay sex in bushes with milkman.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.