• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Cunning Plan

Entitled to

Best timewasting / blood boiling site ever.

http://www.entitledto.co.uk

Thought I would bung a few figures in. Put myself and wife, plus two teenagers. Put our salaries at £20k each which is pretty much what we need to live reasonably well on.

Feck me - I am entitled to a couple of grand a year housing benefit!

I would say that it is a great site.  If you are just off the National Express from Somalia via Italy you will find whole organisations dedicated to giving you every welfare benefit possible.

Whereas if you are Joe or Josephine Average, born and bred here and living on a low wage, nobody will be interested in sorting any of this out for you and you are on your own.  Such as the builder living in a layby story; which if it were a Syrian living like this would provoke howls of outrage.  White working class - the charity orgs don't give a flying fuck.

https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/213-living-in-a-van-in-a-layby-not-through-choice/

I know the situation you have is not as you describe it but if it it was then I would be encouraging you to take up the housing benefit; and I support that site's campaign to have people take up the tax credit before it goes. 

The Government is replacing tax credits with Universal Credit, which is less generous for most working people. Universal Credit is now being rolled out across the UK and once in place people are no longer able to apply for tax credits.

If someone applies in time their income will be protected at the higher amount. It is therefore essential people are encouraged to claim tax credits as soon as possible, before it is too late. Around a million people are able to claim but don’t.

http://www.support.entitledto.co.uk/tax-credits-take-up/

Because you can be very sure that there will be very few Roma Big Issue sellers among that million; and a hell of a lot of low paid British workers.

After leaving one job I signed on the dole, somebody I worked with laughed when they heard that (not in a nasty way, we got on well, and she was laughing because she knew I was loaded) and I explained that I thought the benefits system had totally lost its way and was now a blank cheque for illegal immigrants so I was going to take every penny out of it to which I was entitled because it then meant that my net contribution to housing the third world in idleness in Kensington was marginally reduced.

Edited by Frank Hovis

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I would say that it is a great site.  If you are just off the National Express from Somalia via Italy you will find whole organisations dedicated to giving you every welfare benefit possible.

Whereas if you are Joe or Josephine Average, born and bred here and living on a low wage, nobody will be interested in sorting any of this out for you and you are on your own.  Such as the builder living in a layby story; which if it were a Syrian living like this would provoke howls of outrage.  White working class - the charity orgs don't give a flying fuck.

https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/213-living-in-a-van-in-a-layby-not-through-choice/

I know the situation you have is not as you describe it but if it it was then I would be encouraging you to take up the housing benefit; and I support that site's campaign to have people take up the tax credit before it goes. 

Because you can be very sure that there will be very few Roma Big Issue sellers among that million; and a hell of a lot of low paid British workers.

After leaving one job I signed on the dole, somebody I worked with laughed when they heard that (not in a nasty way, we got on well, and she was laughing because she knew I was loaded) and I explained that I thought the benefits system had totally lost its way and was now a blank cheque for illegal immigrants so I was going to take every penny out of it to which I was entitled because it then meant that my net contribution to housing the third world in idleness in Kensington was marginally reduced.

I absolutely agree that people should take up anything they are entitled to. Whether that entitlement should exist in the first place is a totally different question. I won't be doing so  - as your correctly summise, my true position is different.

It is interesting that you can pump money into a pension to make yourself poorer and therefore claim more benefits. I am not sure whether, as a company director, I can just pay myself less and leave surplus funds in the company. 

The problem with the site is it can drive decisions based on what you can get. Benefits should follow what is happening, not lead it.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I have not signed on in 15 years even though my work is all short term with some larges gaps in between ,but with UC now up and running`ish for people in my situation its looking inviting as you have not got to sign on ever week (the part i cannot bare some get road rage i get dole rage ) even though i would get next to nothing i will do it just for the council tax relief until i go onto means tested then im fucked 

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Quite so.

When I was out of work for a while what did I get? FUCK ALL. Even though I'd payed into the 'system' for 15 years or so. My other half had to taken on a load of debt to keep the roof over our heads whilst I got myself sorted.  Oh stupid fucking me, should have been a single somali with 20 kids.

I'm not white (mixed race) but still consider myself working class. It's if you're not a single female (as a single male I would have been even more discriminated against), not working then fuck off.

As a blue collary northern  laboury type, and system that is not contribution based and time limited has too much moral hazard.

What we have is fcked. Before Brown it was too little. After Brown it is too fucking lucrative and open to the world.

5 years contribution before you can claim. A workfare scheme to pick up people whove not paid long enough.

30% or some lower limit, say 400/m, for 12 months.

Then 25% or 300/m for the next 12 months.

No question, no hassle. Dont hassle people who work and will support themselves but loose a job a few times.

Then you go on a workfare scheme for 400/m. No excuses, 38h/w.

10 lifetime limit on claiming.

35 years of ni to claim full pension. Proptionally less for people with not the fill 35 years.

No benefits to non uk nationals at all. 

Housing benefit cap of 400/m uk wide.

Non uk spouses have no recourse to working age benefit. Need 35 years ni contribution to be entitled to oap pension. Require a 25k bond.

Asylum grants you 5 years right to remain, eith no recourse to benefits. Must be able to support themselves.

I've always been a significantly net contributor given that I have no kids and run a business which generates VAT and CT before any employers NI, employees NI and income tax. Up until recently I was quite happy about that, but of late I've just go to the point of wondering why the fuck I should put myself through so much stress and take on so much risk just to pay for other people who don't contribute a damn thing. I realise the argument is a lot more complex than that, but it's increasingly obvious to me that the balance is completely wrong.

Just now, Fully Detached said:

I've always been a significantly net contributor given that I have no kids and run a business which generates VAT and CT before any employers NI, employees NI and income tax. Up until recently I was quite happy about that, but of late I've just go to the point of wondering why the fuck I should put myself through so much stress and take on so much risk just to pay for other people who don't contribute a damn thing. I realise the argument is a lot more complex than that, but it's increasingly obvious to me that the balance is completely wrong.

Not its, not in the main.

8 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I don't pay tax owing to current legitimate avoidances; if I did I would reduce my hours so that I was earning below the 40% band.

I refuse to work hard to fund such a pig's ear of a welfare system.  I get the impression that a similar view is becoming increasingly common.

The entitlement system is fantastic. I put in my 'details' if I have savings of 18,000 they give me nothing, nada, if I have savings of 0 they give me 19,000 a year including 11,000 in benefits for my landlord!

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I don't pay tax owing to current legitimate avoidances; if I did I would reduce my hours so that I was earning below the 40% band.

I refuse to work hard to fund such a pig's ear of a welfare system.  I get the impression that a similar view is becoming increasingly common.

Presumably that view will increase exponentially as with every net contributor who decides to do the same, there is even less incentive for those remaining to keep playing.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the next downturn really is going to be whammy after whammy. It's not just the wheels about to fall off - the clutch is burned out, the gears are stripped and the engine has come off its mountings.

No doubt I'll be proved wrong again, for another year or two at least.

The issue is your outgoings. Once I have paid my rent from my net salary, I am almost into higher rate category. Add in the council tax kids school fees and I am now losing child benefit.

Obviously I am smarter than this and use a few little avoidance methods, but it is shit to be a higher rate taxpayer before you have actually had a spare bean for yourself.

Next door, owned outright, can live very happily on a higher disposable income and not pay a penny in income tax. Despite the fact that their house earned £30k tax free last year.

The system does not, currently, encourage earning more.

1 minute ago, satch said:

The entitlement system is fantastic. I put in my 'details' if I have savings of 18,000 they give me nothing, nada, if I have savings of 0 they give me 19,000 a year including 11,000 in benefits for my landlord!

I can probably help you with that small problem :Geek:

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

The issue is your outgoings. Once I have paid my rent from my net salary, I am almost into higher rate category. Add in the council tax kids school fees and I am now losing child benefit.

Obviously I am smarter than this and use a few little avoidance methods, but it is shit to be a higher rate taxpayer before you have actually had a spare bean for yourself.

Next door, owned outright, can live very happily on a higher disposable income and not pay a penny in income tax. Despite the fact that their house earned £30k tax free last year.

The UK needs to swing to taxing earnings/work less. And restricting benefits.

The uk tax base shrinks by the year.

Edited by spygirl

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I fixed it I have blown £2,050 on wine and women so am now down to £15,950 in capital so entitled to get £16,958.96 a year rather than 0 just by spending 2 grand of my hard earned savings. I fear I have woken up in a parallel universe!!

20 minutes ago, satch said:

I feel your pain i`m seriously considering PM as savings 

11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The UK needs to swing to taxing earnings/work less. And restricting benefits.

The uk tax base shrinks by the year.

The UK has 3 or 4 state beneficiaries for every net contributor, south africa has 14 beneficiaries for every net contributor. That country if finally starting to come apart at the seams and rapidly losing its last remaining wealth creators. I guess I'm saying that the UK will get a lot worse before any rebalancing occurs. People are gluttons for punishment. 

23 minutes ago, satch said:

I fixed it I have blown £2,050 on wine and women so am now down to £15,950 in capital so entitled to get £16,958.96 a year rather than 0 just by spending 2 grand of my hard earned savings. I fear I have woken up in a parallel universe!!

I thing you have not read the small print ,means testing starts at 6K for every £250 over they start deducting money and at 16k they tell you to fuck off

Edited by Long time lurking

1 minute ago, whitevanman said:

Good point. But is there a cryptocurrency that isn't a total gamble?

Just now, Long time lurking said:

I know sweet FA about them i would feel safer investing with William Hill 

Krugerrands it is then.

4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Good point. But is there a cryptocurrency that isn't a total gamble?

Krugerrands it is then.

Nah brits and sovs the mint is up the road from me and they take cash over the counter

Edited by Long time lurking

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I thing you have not read the small print ,means testing starts at 6K for every £250 over they strat deducting money and at 16k they tell you to fuck of

Thanks mate .... seen a nice gold Rolex .... 10 grand as it happens so that will be me down to £5,950; sorted.

On a more serious side if you have worked all your life and have some savings you will be quickly dragged down and really in todays world 16k is not much especially as they would on the figures I entered, give me 19k in cash benefits.

I've fixed the link in the OP's post and also changed it to using the Anonym.to service so that they can't see DOSBODS sending them traffic (really must add this by default to all links).