Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

CPI - Corona Price Inflation


invalid
 Share

Recommended Posts

Has anyone noticed costs of goods or services going up due to Corona? Or perhaps down? Certainly petrol and diesel has gone down although only partly due to Corona.

I'm sure that prices must be going up, it seems inevitable for goods but maybe services will go down. I've not seen it myself yet but then I've not been keeping a close eye on prices recently.

Anecdotals welcome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't been to a supermarket for ages so haven't got a direct comparison but yes the local shops are an absolute rip-off for a lot of things lately. £3.99 for a large carton of Tropicana orange juice I saw earlier - fuck that....

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am buying meat and eggs from a small farm shop, about 30% more than local supermarket which is struggling for stock. Also far better quality, so worth a price premium.

I can see a time where cpi is calculated using the price tags on empty shelves rather than prices where you can make an actual purchase.

  • Agree 3
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, reformed nice guy said:

DPD have put up prices for deliveries from my company from £4 to £4.22 and the ancillary charges are all up as well

That's a better price than I am getting. What sort of volumes are you doing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been trying to buy a set of hair clippers this morning.  Decent quality at a reasonable price are almost entirely out of stock everywhere.

What stock I can see is the usual chancers on Amazon & eBay at 1.5 or 2x the price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Austin Allegro
26 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Been trying to buy a set of hair clippers this morning.  Decent quality at a reasonable price are almost entirely out of stock everywhere.

What stock I can see is the usual chancers on Amazon & eBay at 1.5 or 2x the price.

The king of frugality, Beat the Bush, has a video on how to cut one's hair without clippers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

The king of frugality, Beat the Bush, has a video on how to cut one's hair without clippers.

 

That never works out well (although self-clipping works okay).

Better to go for the grunge look.  And, a bit later, the hippy look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

DPD have put up prices for deliveries from my company from £4 to £4.22 and the ancillary charges are all up as well

If you don't mind are you able to please share the pricing for DPD business customers - I have been waiting to find this out but they "insist" on ringing me even though I said I wanted to converse via email.

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The king of frugality, Beat the Bush, has a video on how to cut one's hair without clippers.

My hair is extremely wiry so really needs decent clippers for the back and sides.

My thinking is spend up to £50 for a half decent set, get proficient during lockdown and it should pay for itself in the long term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New car prices seem to be cratering, good used (petrol) up and diesel in freefall according to my limited experience.

I am replacing my main rig and have just been quoted +50% part-ex for my used petrol and -30% for the used diesel I was looking at as early as Sep 19.

Also, the reps are responding like lightning to emails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

unregistered_guest

Where I am, I'm seeing some prices creep up slightly in my local supermarket during my weekly shops over the lockdown period.

Looking at what's on the shelves, I'm putting it down to supply chain issues from other EU countries. Anything they can source locally is still pretty much the same price as before. But the range of what's on offer is definitely narrowing.

I foresee more meltdowns from UK mummies whose little darlings will only eat one specific brand of %foodstuff% when the same thing happens to you lot in a couple of weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, t_v 🏅 said:

New car prices seem to be cratering, good used (petrol) up and diesel in freefall according to my limited experience.

I am replacing my main rig and have just been quoted +50% part-ex for my used petrol and -30% for the used diesel I was looking at as early as Sep 19.

Also, the reps are responding like lightning to emails.

There are some interesting lease offers. Vw Troc R for example, about £320 pcm. Was over £400 since its release previously

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Austin Allegro
41 minutes ago, RWJ said:

My hair is extremely wiry so really needs decent clippers for the back and sides.

My thinking is spend up to £50 for a half decent set, get proficient during lockdown and it should pay for itself in the long term.

Good idea. Considering most haircuts are at least a tenner these days, you will get your money back very quickly.

Years ago I bought a good set of clippers from Argos for £10. I used them to cut my own hair and also my late father's hair, they must have paid for themselves hundreds of times over.

In my experience there are two easy ways to use clippers:

1. Have a buzzcut all over - this takes about 30 seconds and needs little to no checking at the back etc.

2. Keep it long on top and trim the back and sides with a comb only a fraction shorter than the current length of your hair. This way you don't risk any dramatic mistakes. Use a belt, a tie or a cap as a guide to cut the nape level. This method works better if you have recently had a professional haircut and want to keep it in shape.

Edited by Austin Allegro
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

There are some interesting lease offers. Vw Troc R for example, about £320 pcm. Was over £400 since its release previously

Financing offers are changing also on a daily basis, 0% across the board up to 4 years (expect that to be extended to 5 soon), 3 months free at the start of the contract and contributions towards payment for another 3 (for a total of 6 first months free).

I am hoping that they extend some of these to the used market and I will jump in, I am a sucker for 0% deals as I cherish my cash flow.

Edited by t_v 🏅
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, spunko said:

If you don't mind are you able to please share the pricing for DPD business customers - I have been waiting to find this out but they "insist" on ringing me even though I said I wanted to converse via email.

 

 

I suspect it'll be variable based on volume and proximity to other regular pickups. I'm currently looking for a RM alternative that will collect as I don't want to queue with the plague carriers to post a few parcels. UPS used to be good but seem to have increased their prices quite a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kilham said:

I suspect it'll be variable based on volume and proximity to other regular pickups. I'm currently looking for a RM alternative that will collect as I don't want to queue with the plague carriers to post a few parcels. UPS used to be good but seem to have increased their prices quite a bit.

Yeah I think so too, but just a general idea would be nice versus normal customer prices.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
8 minutes ago, spunko said:

Yeah I think so too, but just a general idea would be nice versus normal customer prices.

i do about £1k a month with DPD

Paying £6.11 per con up to 1kg; 6.47 up to 5kg and £7.07 up to 10kg

Plus fuel surcharge (9%! - wankers) and vat.

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wight Flight said:

i do about £1k a month with DPD

Paying £6.11 per con up to 1kg; 6.47 up to 5kg and £7.07 up to 10kg

Plus fuel surcharge (9%! - wankers) and vat.

 

Blimey, that's a lot. Is that next day?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

reformed nice guy
8 hours ago, spunko said:

If you don't mind are you able to please share the pricing for DPD business customers - I have been waiting to find this out but they "insist" on ringing me even though I said I wanted to converse via email.

 

 

I dont think they have a price. They send a recovering estate agent or used car salesman to haggle with you on price. I was using Royal Mail franked before with the office and I just showed them my last few invoices. I told him I would change if he could cut at least 10% off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

I dont think they have a price. They send a recovering estate agent or used car salesman to haggle with you on price. I was using Royal Mail franked before with the office and I just showed them my last few invoices. I told him I would change if he could cut at least 10% off

That's what I thought. I can't be doing with non-transparent pricing :CryBaby:

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...