DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

So, any guesses?

spygirl

Fancy a quick trip up to Covetry (sp) love?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8164989/Britains-dead-motorways-M1-M3-M6-motorways-parks-beaches-busy.html

Now, youd either have to be an innumerate moron to pay for 500 miles worth of petrol to save on shit windows.

And who's partner, who you could not leave at home for some reason, would willingly climb into the boot for a ~3h drive back?

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

The Masked Tulip

Woman in the boot? Was she tied up and gagged? You will be amazed at the fantasy role-playing games that people play.

I am currently role-playing a British POW in Colditz. I have already started the tunnel and am in rehearsals to play Lady Bracknell in 'The Importance of Being Earnest'. During the second curtain I fully intend to escape inside a gym horse.

• Lol 1

I am going to drive on the M25 this week at some point, just so I can experience it like this... The chances of experiencing it again in my lifetime are practically nil. I won't be getting out my car so I can't see why it matters.

• Agree 4

Bedrag Justesen
12 minutes ago, spunko said:

I am going to drive on the M25 this week at some point, just so I can experience it like this... The chances of experiencing it again in my lifetime are practically nil. I won't be getting out my car so I can't see why it matters.

If it's anything like Wales you won't get far without being stopped.

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

If it's anything like Wales you won't get far without being stopped.

I am commuting to my place of work in, errr, Cobham Surrey officer.

• Agree 1

I wonder what the postage would have been?  30 / 40 quid (as long as they're wrapped up properly)?  If he did 500 miles round trip, then he'd have spent double or triple that on fuel..

Edited by Dave Beans

11 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This is @spunko 's M25 adventure.

That may actually be a very good representation of the way things will play out.  How is the happily quarantined majority who are afraid to leave their house already different from Truman in there?! 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Why can't we drive

Is there a reason?

Because you'll break down or crash and resources will be needed for you that could used elsewhere in the fight against covid. 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, Bear Hug said:

That may actually be a very good representation of the way things will play out.  How is the happily quarantined majority who are afraid to leave their house already different from Truman in there?! 

I haven't got a hot crazy actress who dresses up as a nurse pretending to be my wife.

• Agree 1

Just now, NewryH said:

Because you'll break down or crash and resources will be needed for you that could used elsewhere in the fight against covid. 

I think I'm going to wear a sign

"I take full responsibility for my predicament - just let me die"

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, NewryH said:

I dunno I think the AA guy will appreciate being able to do something rather than just twiddle his thumbs all day. :D

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

I think I'm going to wear a sign

"I take full responsibility for my predicament - just let me die"

They've got that covered though.

It's not just about you. You might infect a key worker. Then where will we be?

• Agree 1

whitevanman
1 hour ago, NewryH said:

I must remember to call the local hospital next time I get a flat battery.

• Agree 5

OurDayWillCome
2 hours ago, NewryH said:

This! Every car-crash puts serious strain on the NHS. They are already juggling printing out #StayAtHome placards, arranging group photos with the #StayAtHome placards and posting/commenting on the replies to the #StayAtHome placards.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, OurDayWillCome said:

This! Every car-crash puts serious strain on the NHS. They are already juggling printing out #StayAtHome placards, arranging group photos with the #StayAtHome placards and posting/commenting on the replies to the #StayAtHome placards.

Don't forget about the dancing. That doesn't do itself.

xD

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

4 hours ago, spunko said:

when the M25 was opened I lived right by an exit (I used to play as a kid in one of the farm valleys they ruined when they built it).  I had a girlfriend over in Cobham.  I used to bomb home after seeing her at 10pm and there was NO ONE else on the road, and no speed cameras.  Fucking bliss.

The Masked Tulip
29 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

Take away the handbag and women lose the ability to dance en masse.

Once the above video was over they all rushed off to the loo together before bitching about Janet's poor choice of blue scrubs.

29 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

Take away the handbag and women lose the ability to dance en masse.

Once the above video was over they all rushed off to the loo together before bitching about Janet's poor choice of blue scrubs.

Wight Flight
10 hours ago, spunko said:

Sorry to disappoint you but I was on the M25 at 5.30am on Saturday.

It wasn't empty.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Sorry to disappoint you but I was on the M25 at 5.30am on Saturday.

It wasn't empty.

I didn't think it would be empty. How busy was it compared to normal, as a percentage?

Wight Flight
Just now, spunko said:

I didn't think it would be empty. How busy was it compared to normal, as a percentage?

No idea. I tend to avoid that hour normally. I am intolerant of it.

But the way back at 7am was much quieter than normal. About isle of Wight rush hour volume of traffic.