DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Once everyone has been C19 tested....

GBDamo

Do all those well and carrying antibodies get to be released from lockdown?

RFID chip inserted and readers at all public places?

You know it's coming, they're only waiting for an excuse.

Edited by GBDamo
  • Agree 4

Mental Floss
50 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Seriously.

To what end?

I'm not a great fan of over reaching state power but seriously what's the fucking point? The economy is fucked. You'll have refuseniks and there will be riots. Could at least one of those who subscribe to the "It's all a plan to keep us down man!" please tell me why and to whose benefit?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Mental Floss said:

Seriously.

To what end?

I'm not a great fan of over reaching state power but seriously what's the fucking point? The economy is fucked. You'll have refuseniks and there will be riots. Could at least one of those who subscribe to the "It's all a plan to keep us down man!" please tell me why and to whose benefit?

Obviously, Boris didn't intend to replace rescinding EU membership with Martial Law or a police state. But then when Edward III was defeating the Franks he probably didn't expect The Black Death to be just around the corner either (by the way this also originated from Chy-na, 700 years ago @OurDayWillCome).

Pandemics throughout history have always resulted in cataclysmic changes to society. Maybe it will be played out over several years-to-decades, but it will happen, as night follows day. 700 years ago the Black Death changed aristocracy, land ownership and ultimately lead to the Peasant's Revolt - and all the rest of it that followed.

Today COVID-19 sweeps through the UK and threatens to destroy Brexit - when the rebirth of democracy was only just getting started and was indeed spreading to Italy.

I am not a huge conspiraloon but I do wonder sometimes to myself if Mad Merkel's hand has had some involvement in this. But even if she is completely free of blame then I am sure she and her ilk will be making moves already to trounce Brexit once and for all, off the back of it...

-

Another theory: If you look at Taiwan, nobody seems to be commenting on the fact that only 3 people have died of COVID-19 there despite a population of 23M. The reason is because they lost a shit load more during the earlier SARS outbreak and knew how to defend themselves: they were the first country to stop flights from China etc. Some argue that China uses these weaponised viruses to destabilise old enemies like Taiwan (they practically hate each other) and you cannot deny that 7 new viruses since 2000 have come from China. And yet somewhat ironically Taiwan have the fewest deaths / capita because they know how to defend themselves. I think that's probably the more likely to be the true conspiracy theory.

Edited by spunko
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

I think you have misunderstood those sorts of arguments a bit.

I'll attempt to clarify my interpretation... Obviously, Boris didn't intend to replace rescinding EU membership with Martial Law or a police state. But then when Edward III was defeating the Franks he probably didn't expect The Black Death to be just around the corner either (by the way this also originated from Chy-na, 700 years ago @OurDayWillCome). Pandemics throughout history have always resulted in cataclysmic change within society. Maybe it will be played out over several years-to-decades, but it will happen, as night follows day.

700 years ago the Black Death changed aristocracy, land ownership and ultimately lead to the Peasant's Revolt - and all the rest of it that followed. Today COVID-19 sweeps through the UK and threatens to destroy Brexit when the rebirth of democracy was only just getting started and was indeed spreading to Italy. I am not a huge conspiraloon but I do wonder sometimes to myself if Mad Merkel's hand has had some involvement in this. But even if she is completely free of blame then I am sure she and her ilk will be making moves already to trounce Brexit once and for all, off the back of this.

Another theory: If you look at Taiwan, nobody seems to be commenting on the fact that only 3 people have died of COVID-19 there despite a population of 23M. The reason is because they lost a shit load more during the earlier SARS outbreak and knew how to defend themselves: they were the first country to stop flights from China etc. Some argue that China uses these weaponised viruses to destabilise old enemies like Taiwan (they practically hate each other) and you cannot deny that 7 new viruses since 2000 have come from China. And yet somewhat ironically Taiwan have the fewest deaths / capita because they know how to defend themselves. I think that's probably the more likely to be the true conspiracy theory.

Can’t we loan them

one of our nuclear subs 

• Agree 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
9 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Can’t we loan them

one of our nuclear subs 

:)

I suspect the Chinese know where our nukes are at all times, so they might not react too well if one appeared in Taiwan. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Be cheaper to make an app for our phones

The one to look out for is if smartphones are made compulsory - "dumbphones" get banned for some save-the-environment reason, everyone has to always carry their iPoo, and letting the battery run out becomes a criminal offence.

Edited by DeepLurker
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, spunko said:

On the button and more than just a theory - various Asian countries been acutely aware and ready to react for more than a decade.

12 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

The one to look out for is if smartphones are made compulsory - "dumbphones" get banned for some save-the-environment reason, everyone has to always carry their iPoo, and letting the battery run out becomes a criminal offence.

Even more so if the phone itself becomes a method of identification rather than a piece of paper / card. 

12 hours ago, GBDamo said:

Hand stamp, like a shit nightclub.

• Agree 2

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 hour ago, DeepLurker said:

I would imagine that soon (might already be the case) smartphones will reserve the last bit of battery to enable them to be located (invisibly to the user). Incorporating RFID readers into them and including that info in the location management will be the step after that. 

I wonder if there'd be any money to be made in an RFID-free brand?