DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

UK Govt Coronavirus Response: Sceptics Thread

sancho panza

sancho panza

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/inventor-of-mrna-vaccine-jabs-not-justified-for-young-data-for-informed-consent-lacking

June 30, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — As many colleges throughout the nation mandate students be injected with experimental COVID-19 gene-therapy vaccines, with corresponding protests and lawsuits being initiated, the inventor of the mRNA technology behind at least two of the vaccines said a risk-benefit analysis doesn’t justify the jabs for young adults, and certainly not for those under 18 years of age.

Dr. Robert Malone, who was a guest on Tucker Carlson Tonight last week, recently had his voice suppressed on YouTube discussing these topics, though, as Carlson asserted, he “may be the single most qualified person on planet earth to discuss this subject,” and thus, “we think he has a right to speak.”

The physician’s primary concern is that there is still insufficient data for anyone, including the young, to be able to exercise sufficient informed consent regarding the reception of these experimental biological agents.

“[O]ne of my concerns is that the government is not being transparent with us about what [the] risks are,” he said. “I know that there are risks. But we don’t have access to the data and the data haven’t been captured rigorously enough so that we can accurately assess those risks. And therefore, for folks like your audience, you, and me, we don’t really have the information that we need to make a reasonable decision."

“[Therefore], I am of the opinion that people have the right to decide whether to accept vaccines or not, especially since these are experimental vaccines,” Malone said, affirming the fact that the vaccines are not FDA-approved, but only authorized for emergency use. “This is a fundamental right having to do with clinical research ethics."

When asked by the Fox News host if the benefits of the injections outweigh the risks, Malone said that in the case of younger Americans, “I have a bias that the benefits probably don’t outweigh the risks in that cohort. But, unfortunately, the risk-benefit analysis is not being done.''

“That is one of my other objections, that we toss around these words ‘risk-benefit analysis’ casually as if it is very deep science. It’s not. Normally at this stage, the CDC ACIP [Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices] would have performed those risk-benefit analyses, and they would be data-based and science-based. They are not right now. It’s kind of a little ‘seat-of-the-pants.’ And, that I really object to,” said Malone.

“I can say that the risk-benefit ratio for those 18 and below doesn’t justify vaccines, and there’s a pretty good chance that it doesn’t justify vaccination in these very young adults."

While many young people are essentially required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by the fall in order to attend school, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) best estimate is that those under 20 years of age have a 99.997 percent survival rate if infected with COVID-19.

Further, CDC data released last Friday reveals reports of 387,087 total adverse events in the United States following injections of experimental COVID-19 gene therapy vaccines, including 6,113 deaths and 31,240 serious injuries, between Dec. 14, 2020, and June 18, 2021.

While causation is not explicitly confirmed through the VAERS reporting system, neither can it be presumed that all side effects are reported. Indeed, one study in 2010 found that “fewer than 1% of vaccine injuries” are reported to VAERS, suggesting the actual numbers of deaths and injuries are significantly higher.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 3

leonardratso

remember for decades they said smoking doesnt cause lung cancer? or rather there was no proven link

anecdotal or statistical evidence pooh pooh'd that, but we have to sell fags and raise tax dammit, and fuck those smokers, and consequently the NHS. hahaha.

I remember going to the quack with my mum in the 70s (as a boy), and i distinctly remember him telling her that we dont want everyone healthy or we'd all be out of a job.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

remember for decades they said smoking doesnt cause lung cancer? or rather there was no proven link

I’m a smoker and don’t believe it’s good for me but unfortunately I’m addicted to roll ups beyond redemption now.

However I believe many other things cause lung cancer and it’s true that many non smokers get it. Vehicle emissions, fumes from paint, cleaning products, candles, weed killer, barbecues, fires and dust from sanding etc……the list goes on.

Furthermore I’d say general pollution and man made chemicals everywhere including the food chain cause cancer of all types plus many other illnesses.

Covid is a minimal concern regarding our good health and staying alive in the grand scheme of things, in my opinion.

• Agree 6

leonardratso
20 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I’m a smoker and don’t believe it’s good for me but unfortunately I’m addicted to roll ups beyond redemption now.

However I believe many other things cause lung cancer and it’s true that many non smokers get it. Vehicle emissions, fumes from paint, cleaning products, candles, weed killer, barbecues, fires and dust from sanding etc……the list goes on.

Furthermore I’d say general pollution and man made chemicals everywhere including the food chain cause cancer of all types plus many other illnesses.

Covid is a minimal concern regarding our good health and staying alive in the grand scheme of things, in my opinion.

yeah i was sort of alluding to the way all these people get problems after the vaccination, but theres always a disclaimer saying that theres no proof if was the vaccine 'wot dun them in', smoking was the same really, theres no proof was always the mantra - until there was proof, but all the complainers were dead by then.

anyways, throw the kids out into the back garden to play in the blue asbestos pit...

Elaine's neighbourhood pals Philip Noble, left, and Ross Munroe, playing in asbestos pit, died in their thirties

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/scots-woman-says-shes-lucky-to-be-alive-after-growing-up-surrounded-by-asbestos-in-worlds-most-toxic-township/

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

ZH again but it points to more heart problems after being vaccinated:

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-study-shows-dangerous-hearth-inflammation-likely-tied-pfizer-moderna-jabs

"The study's authors concluded that while the overall risk for patients who received an mRNA vaccine remains extremely small, the US isn't alone in discovering these cases. Israel, which also relied on mostly on mRNA vaccines to  inoculate its population, is also seeing surprisingly high incidence of heart inflammation that's likely linked to the vaccines. "

• Informative 2

sancho panza

Here comes the end of furlough

https://lockdownsceptics.org/2021/07/05/up-to-350000-young-people-could-lose-their-jobs-as-furlough-comes-to-an-end/

Young people have been the most reliant on furlough and will likely be the hardest hit as the scheme comes to an end, according to the Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS). There are already 50,000 more unemployed people aged 19 to 24 compared to pre-lockdown levels, and the IFS says in a new report that a further 350,000 people in this age bracket risk losing their jobs in the coming months as job support money dries up. The Telegraph has the story.

In a new research report, the IFS says the age group saw the biggest increase of any age group in the numbers not working any hours, including those who are furloughed. 

The number rose by 25%, or around 400,000 people, from the last quarter of 2019 to the first quarter of 2021 – a significantly higher increase than those seen in older age groups.

The vast majority of those jobs have, so far, been saved by the furlough scheme, with only 50,000 additional 19 to 24 year-olds without any job at all in early 2021 compared with pre-pandemic.

But this means the 19 to 24 year-old age group is especially vulnerable as the furlough scheme is wound down.

At the same time, unlike for older workers, earnings growth among younger employees (aged 19 to 34) who have continued to work has been lower than prior to the pandemic. 

This may not have large immediate consequences, but if this ground is not regained then the longer-term effects on their incomes will be significant, said the IFS.

Xiaowei Xu, a Senior Research Economist at IFS and co-author of the report, said: “Young adults have been especially likely to be furloughed during the crisis, though relatively few have completely lost their job.

“Many have responded to this by staying or moving back in with their parents – providing temporary protection for their living standards. 

“But we know that shocks early on in people’s careers can have negative effects on their future job prospects. Without effective support, there is a risk that young people today will bear the scars of the recession for years to come.”

It follows previous research by the IFS which found that young workers are twice as likely as older colleagues to have lost their jobs, although graduates were less than half as likely as those without degrees to have fallen out of work. 

By the autumn, the number of graduates in paid work had fallen seven per cent, a drop of about 800,000 people, but the number of non-graduates was down by 17%, or 1.5 million, showing the much more severe impact on those with less education.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

https://lockdownsceptics.org/2021/07/05/up-to-350000-young-people-could-lose-their-jobs-as-furlough-comes-to-an-end/

Young people have been the most reliant on furlough and will likely be the hardest hit as the scheme comes to an end, according to the Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS). There are already 50,000 more unemployed people aged 19 to 24 compared to pre-lockdown levels, and the IFS says in a new report that a further 350,000 people in this age bracket risk losing their jobs in the coming months as job support money dries up. The Telegraph has the story.

In a new research report, the IFS says the age group saw the biggest increase of any age group in the numbers not working any hours, including those who are furloughed. 

The number rose by 25%, or around 400,000 people, from the last quarter of 2019 to the first quarter of 2021 – a significantly higher increase than those seen in older age groups.

The vast majority of those jobs have, so far, been saved by the furlough scheme, with only 50,000 additional 19 to 24 year-olds without any job at all in early 2021 compared with pre-pandemic.

But this means the 19 to 24 year-old age group is especially vulnerable as the furlough scheme is wound down.

At the same time, unlike for older workers, earnings growth among younger employees (aged 19 to 34) who have continued to work has been lower than prior to the pandemic. 

This may not have large immediate consequences, but if this ground is not regained then the longer-term effects on their incomes will be significant, said the IFS.

Xiaowei Xu, a Senior Research Economist at IFS and co-author of the report, said: “Young adults have been especially likely to be furloughed during the crisis, though relatively few have completely lost their job.

“Many have responded to this by staying or moving back in with their parents – providing temporary protection for their living standards. 

“But we know that shocks early on in people’s careers can have negative effects on their future job prospects. Without effective support, there is a risk that young people today will bear the scars of the recession for years to come.”

It follows previous research by the IFS which found that young workers are twice as likely as older colleagues to have lost their jobs, although graduates were less than half as likely as those without degrees to have fallen out of work. 

By the autumn, the number of graduates in paid work had fallen seven per cent, a drop of about 800,000 people, but the number of non-graduates was down by 17%, or 1.5 million, showing the much more severe impact on those with less education.

The number of youngsters who will not get that start in life due to the economy being shut down for a couple of years will be huge ... and as wealth is the no1 issue linked to life expectancy then its inevitable hundreds of thousands of people who are young now will die earlier than they would have if the economy was left open.

• Agree 5

sancho panza

Here comes the end game.

@dnb24

Truly sad.Breaks me.This was so predictable.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/lockdown-didn-t-save-lives-from-cancer

Everyone understood the government message in March 2020 to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives. Yet the lives that we knew were being saved were ones from Covid-19. Anything more long-term than daily figures never registered. The concept of other causes of death – most devastatingly cancer – were secondary concerns. We may be about to see the consequences of this Covid solipsism.

The recent cross-party parliamentary report “Catch Up With Cancer – The Way Forward” showed that UK lockdowns had resulted in a staggering drop in cancer treatment. There were 350,000 fewer urgent cancer referrals in 2020, and 40,000 fewer cancer diagnoses, compared to 2019. These delays to diagnosis will lead to worse cancer survival rates, which were already mediocre compared to many Western countries.

Politicians, and plenty of scientists, like to talk as if there was only ever one option. But there was an alternative. In Sweden, where lockdown was less strict than the UK, there is evidence that patients with prostate cancer had their treatment protected during the first wave. While the number of new prostate cancer cases decreased by 36%, the number of patients treated by radical prostatectomies only fell by 3% compared to previous years and the number of patients having radical prostate radiotherapy actually increased by 32%. So how does the UK measure up against this?

The first wave saw a 43% reduction in patients undergoing prostatectomies for prostate cancer in the UK, a significant contrast to the 3% decrease in Sweden. These are devastating statistics. It is well recognised that delays in cancer treatment often lead lead to poorer prognoses. Any future assessment of the UK’s lockdown approach must include the devastating impact that lockdown has had cancer patients.

This backlog will take a long time to clear. There are more than 5 million people waiting to start NHS treatment. The divide between those who can and can’t afford private healthcare has seldom been starker. There are signs that more people are going private. By October 2020, London’s private hospitals reported a doubling in the number of patients prepared to pay for their own surgical procedures. Private insurers expected to see a long-term increase in demand as the NHS takes time to become fully operational again.

In the last 20 years, much effort and funding has improved cancer waiting times. UK cancer survival rates have improved, but at a reduced rate to many European countries. We had made substantial improvements in screening, diagnosis and treatment. But many of the gains achieved over years have been reversed in months. 

There will also be increased pressure from patients and charities to tackle a growing divide between NHS and private healthcare in the coming years. That gulf has been accelerated by the government’s decision to allow the treatment of patients with serious and urgent conditions other than Covid to be curtailed during the first and subsequent lockdowns. 

Covid-19 is not the only killer. Cancer continues to kill around 166,000 people annually in “normal years" – one shudders at the thought of the preventable deaths that will have been caused by lockdowns. Policymakers may like to tell the nation and themselves that there was no alternative, but there was. Cancer healthcare should never have been stopped. The data from Sweden shows that these patients could and should have been protected.

Written byProfessor Gordon Wishart

Professor Gordon Wishart is chief medical officer at Check4Cancer and a visiting professor of cancer surgery at Anglia Ruskin University

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 5

Mate I have concluded that we are run by capricious bastards, it’s the only conclusion- as you say this was all foreseeable- and no doubt they foresaw this. This is just the start though, I’m seeing usually fit 30yos in clinic shit scared of the outside world, no longer wanting to go to the gym, psychologically deteriorating, eating shit, not wanting social interaction, telling their kids not to go out and play- the repercussions of this are massive and will play out for years.

• Agree 8

Stinky Wizzleteats
5 hours ago, dnb24 said:

Mate I have concluded that we are run by capricious bastards, it’s the only conclusion- as you say this was all foreseeable- and no doubt they foresaw this.

The only thing they're interested in is accruing money saving their own arses

On 05/07/2021 at 16:44, sancho panza said:

Young people have been the most reliant on furlough and will likely be the hardest hit as the scheme comes to an end, according to the Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS). 

And yet there are pubs near me closed because they can't get staff.

Are there no jobs, or are there only shit jobs? 🤔 Either option is a disgrace.

sancho panza

via LS

https://swprs.org/us-vaccine-deaths-increasing-rapidly/

US vaccine-related deaths increasing rapidly

openvaers-july-9-2021-s-1024x411.png USA: Reported post-vaccination deaths, 1990 to 2021 (OpenVAERS)

Published: July 11, 2021
Share on: TG / GB / TW / FB

Powered by

The latest weekly US VAERS update added a shocking 2,083 post-vaccination deaths.

The latest weekly US VAERS update added a shocking 2,083 post-vaccination deaths – by far the largest weekly increase to date – raising the total of reported post-vaccination deaths to 9,048. Not all of these 2,083 deaths occurred within a week, as there is a very significant reporting backlog.

In total, close to 1,000 post-vaccination miscarriages, more than 3,000 heart attacks, about 7,500 disabilities, close to 20,000 severe allergic reactions, and close to 1,000 cases of heart muscle inflammation in people under 25 have already been reported to VAERS.

A recent analysis by researchers at Queen Mary University in London found that even in senior citizens, about 85% of deaths reported to VAERS were definitively, likely or possibly caused by the vaccine. Moreover, due to significant under-reporting, the true number of vaccine-related deaths may already be significantly higher, possibly in the range of 10,000 to 50,000 deaths in the US alone.

Indeed, despite very few covid deaths, there continues to be unexplained excess all-cause mortality in all US age groups below the age of 75, with all-cause mortality having reached record levels in age groups below 45 since the beginning of the vaccination campaign. In people over 75, potential vaccine-related mortality may be masked by post-winter wave negative excess mortality.

There has been much discussion recently about an ultimately retracted paper that claimed covid vaccines kill 2 people for every 3 people they save. The two major points of criticism were that the paper underestimated vaccine protection by considering only a three-week period, and that the paper overestimated vaccine-related deaths by counting all reported post-vaccination deaths.

The first point is valid: vaccine protection should be estimated based on a near-100% population infection rate, not just a three-week window. But the second point is misguided: due to under-reporting, reported deaths are a lower bound, not an upper bound, of vaccine-related deaths.

Yet there is an even more important point to be considered: age-based risk-stratification. Below a certain age, covid-related mortality is so low that covid vaccines are bound to kill or severely injure more healthy people than they save. In the US, this age threshold may be close to 40 years, while in some Western European countries, it may be as high as 60 years (for healthy people).

It has been argued that vaccination against covid may at least prevent “long covid” or multi-system inflammatory syndrome (MIS) in children and young adults; however, new reports from Israel and the US indicate that, to the contrary, covid vaccines may themselves cause MIS as well as “long covid”-like conditions, often lasting for months or possibly even longer.

Going forward, three covid vaccine-related potential risks should be kept in mind:

1. In addition to immediate adverse events (such as strokes and heart attacks), are covid vaccines causing cardiovascular damage that will become apparent only later?
  2. In the face of new immune-escape coronavirus variants, such as the Indian and Peruvian variants (delta and lambda), how long will vaccine protection last, especially in senior citizens?
  3. Once new coronavirus variants achieve full immune escape, will the very high levels of vaccine-induced, non-neutralizing antibodies cause antibody-dependent disease enhancement (ADE)?

Risks number 2 and 3 could be mitigated by updated booster shots, but these might exacerbate risk number 1. As a potential alternative to current covid vaccines, three options could be considered:

1. Natural infection, combined with early treatment to avoid disease progression
  2. Medically supervised, low-dose oral live virus challenge (using least virulent strain)
  3. Fast-tracking possibly safer nasal/oral covid vaccines (currently being developed)
  • Informative 8

sancho panza

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57841889

West Midlands Ambulance Service has busiest day with 6.5k calls

An ambulance service said it has seen its busiest day to date receiving over 6,400 emergency calls.

On Monday, West Midlands Ambulance Service Trust said it had 6,406 emergency calls, 600 more than its previous record, set last week.

It comes as the trust is given more than £5.6m from NHS England to boost staff numbers ahead of winter.

Nathan Hudson, from the trust, said the money will help meet the "current demand pressure".

The trust said it has seen 19 of its 20 busiest days within the last month, with Monday having more calls than any New Years Eve, traditionally its busiest day.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jul/08/nhs-england-waiting-list-reaches-record-high-second-straight-month

NHS England waiting list reaches record high for second straight month

Experts warn 5.3m backlog could exacerbate burnout with staff facing ‘unprecedented levels of exhaustion’

The number of patients waiting for NHS treatment in England broke records for the second month in a row to reach 5.3 million, official figures show, prompting warnings the huge care backlog could exacerbate health service staff burnout.

It means the waiting list has grown by 606,501 over the last three months as patients have started using the NHS again, renewing fears it will hit 7 million before the end of the year.

The figures showed that two-thirds (67%) of patients received treatments within 18 weeks in May, far below the standard the NHS sets itself of treating 92% within this timeframe.

• Informative 4

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

On Monday, West Midlands Ambulance Service Trust said it had 6,406 emergency calls, 600 more than its previous record, set last week.

How very odd, strange they don't elucidate.

Journalists are so shallow these days.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
sancho panza

Bear ij mind that the yellow card system is most likely to understateadverse reactiosn given many are not reported and those that fall down the line will not be linked even if they are.

Yellow cards are filed by clinicians.

https://dailysceptic.org/2021/07/20/vaccine-safety-update-9/

This is the ninth of the regular round-ups of Covid vaccine safety reports and news compiled by a group of medical doctors who are monitoring developments but prefer to remain anonymous in the current climate (find the eighth one here). By no means is this part of an effort to generate alarm about the vaccines or dissuade anyone from getting inoculated. It should be read in conjunction with the Daily Sceptic‘s other posts on vaccines, which include both encouraging and not so encouraging developments. At the Daily Sceptic we report all the news about the vaccines whether positive or negative and give no one advice about whether they should or should not take them. Unlike with lockdowns, we are neither pro-vaccine nor anti-vaccine; we see our job as reporting the facts, not advocating for or against a particular policy. The vaccine technology is novel and the vaccines have not yet fully completed their trials, which is why they’re in use under temporary and not full market authorisation. This has been done on account of the emergency situation and the trial data was largely encouraging on both efficacy and safety. For a summary of that data, see this preamble to the Government’s page on the Yellow Card reporting system. (Dr Tess Lawrie recently wrote an open letter to Dr June Raine, head of the MHRA, arguing that: “The MHRA now has more than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans,” a claim that has been “fact checked” here.) We publish information and opinion to inform public debate and help readers reach their own conclusions about what is best for them, based on the available data.

• Norway has announced vaccine injury compensation for at least three claims following AstraZeneca vaccination. An Oxford man has called for a review of U.K. Government vaccine injury compensation after he developed Guillain-Barré Syndrome following AstraZeneca vaccination. 
  • A 16 year old boy in Singapore suffered a cardiac arrest when exercising after his Pfizer vaccination.  
  • Some new medical reports exploring endocrine issues following Pfizer vaccination: one looking at a case of necrotising pancreatitis following the second dose of vaccine, and two looking at the development of Graves’ disease in two health care workers in Mexico.
  • The U.K. VITT Organ Donor Study Group has published a report of an analysis of organ donation and transplantation from U.K. donors with VITT (blood clots) to understand the implications. It concludes that transplantation from VITT donors should only proceed with caution due to a variety of possible complications in multiple organs. 
  • The Daily Mail reports that the MHRA has quietly added warnings on Moderna and Pfizer vaccines that they can cause heart damage in rare cases.
  • The Government has uploaded its Technical Briefing for Variants of Concern Number 18, which continues to show that despite rising cases the Delta variant is not currently causing as many fatalities or hospitalisations as the Alpha variant (case fatality rate 0.2% vs 1.9%).
  • Following a FOI request to the MHRA for all vaccine associated deaths between 2010 and 2020, the Daily Expose reports that deaths from Covid vaccines are 407% higher than all cumulative previously reported deaths from other vaccines.
  • ‘Breakthrough’ cases are being reported in Las Vegas, Wales and aboard HMS Queen ElizabethMyLondon reports that London Hospitals are refusing to provide this data.  
  • The Daily Mail reports that Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca are both seeking to modify their vaccines to reduce the incidence of life-threatening blood clots. 
  • VAERS – the American version of the Yellow Card reporting system – released new data bringing the total to 463,457 reports of adverse events following Covid vaccines, including 10,991 deaths and 48,385 serious injuries between December 14th 2020 and July 9th 2021.
  • Suspected adverse events in the U.K. as reported in the media: Kent radio host Jules Serkin and Anthony Shingler (57).

Summary of Adverse Events in the U.K.

According to an updated report published on July 16th (covering the period up to July 7th), the MHRA Yellow Card reporting system has recorded a total of 1,059,307 events based on 314,043 reports. The total number of fatalities reported is 1,470.

• Pfizer (19.7 million first doses, 11.6 million second doses) now has one Yellow Card in 357 doses, 2.8 adverse reactions per card. Deaths: 1 in 68,640 (456 deaths)
  • AstraZeneca (24.7 million first doses, 22.3 million second doses) has one Yellow Card in 214 doses, 3.6 adverse reactions per card. Deaths: 1 in 47,813 (983 deaths)
  • Moderna (1.1 million first doses) has one Yellow Card in 123 doses, 2.9 adverse reactions per card. Deaths: 1 in 157,143 (7 deaths). (This is a high rate of Yellow Card reports but lower fatal reports compared to the other two vaccines.)

Key events analysis:

• Acute Cardiac Event – 3357 (Pfizer) + 8468 (AZ) + 210 (Moderna) + 26 (Unknown) = 12,061
  • Anaphylaxis – 428 (Pfizer) + 781 (AZ) + 26 (Moderna) + 1 (Unknown) = 1,236
  • Herpes – 1,407 (Pfizer) + 2,311 (AZ) + 39 (Moderna) + 12 (Unknown) = 3,769
  • Headaches – 18,629 (Pfizer) + 81,728 (AZ) + 1,303 (Moderna) + 215 (Unknown) = 101,875
  • Migraine – 2,006 (Pfizer) + 7,665 (AZ) + 147 (Moderna) + 26 (Unknown) = 9,844
  • Blindness – 72 (Pfizer) + 260 (AZ) + 5 (Moderna) + 3 (Unknown) = 340
  • Deafness – 148 (Pfizer) + 327 (AZ) + 8 (Moderna) = 483
  • Spontaneous Abortions – 181 + 8 stillbirth/foetal death (Pfizer) + 146 + 2 stillbirth (AZ) + 11 (Moderna) + 1 (Unknown) = 339 + 10 [NOTE – 6 (Pfizer) + 5(AZ) – fatalities that possibly indicate maternal death]
  • Vomiting – 2,740 (Pfizer) + 11,129 (AZ) + 241 (Moderna) + 40 (Unknown) = 14,150
  • Facial Paralysis incl. Bell’s Palsy – 563 (Pfizer) + 770 (AZ) + 28 (Moderna) + 4 (Unknown) = 1,365
  • Nervous System Disorders – 44,131 (Pfizer) + 168,034 (AZ) + 3,792 (Moderna) + 535 (Unknown) = 216,492
  • Strokes and CNS haemorrhages – 443 (Pfizer) + 1,822 (AZ) + 9 (Moderna) + 5 (Unknown) = 2,279
  • Guillain-Barré Syndrome – 41 (Pfizer) + 344 (AZ) + 2 (Moderna) + 4 (Unknown) = 391
  • Dizziness – 6938 (Pfizer) + 23,477 (AZ) + 843 (Moderna) + 78 (Unknown) = 31,336
  • Tremor – 1,059 (Pfizer) + 9,500 (AZ) + 76 (Moderna) + 38 (Unknown) = 10,673
  • Paraesthesia/dysaesthesia (chronic burning sensation, tingling nerve pain) – 4,665 (Pfizer) + 15,315 (AZ) + 441 (Moderna) + 43 (Unknown) = 20,464
  • Pulmonary Embolism – 284 (Pfizer) + 1,417 (AZ) + 4 (Moderna) + 7 (Unknown) = 1,712
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis – 180 (Pfizer) + 1,047 (AZ) + 5 (Moderna) + 8 (Unknown) = 1,240
  • Nosebleeds – 632 (Pfizer) + 2,121 (AZ) + 45 (Moderna) + 8 (Unknown) = 2,806
  • Seizures – 593 (Pfizer) + 1,790 (AZ) + 62 (Moderna) + 9 (Unknown) = 2,454
  • Paralysis – 234 (Pfizer) + 666 (AZ) + 18 (Moderna) + 3 (Unknown) = 921
  • Haemorrhage (All types) – 1,878 (Pfizer) + 4,261 (AZ) + 203 (Moderna) + 18 (Unknown) = 6,360 [Haemorrhage types – cardiac, ear, adrenal, eye, gastric, mouth, tongue, gums, intestinal, injection site, brain, wounds, stoma, bladder, kidney, vaginal, uterine, post-menopausal bleeding, ovarian, penile, lung, nasal]
  • Vertigo/Tinnitus – 2174 (Pfizer) + 5876 (AZ) + 174 (Moderna) + 18 (Unknown) = 8242
Yellow-Card-210720.jpg Source: Pfizer; Moderna; AstraZeneca; Unspecified. “F” denotes fatal.
By Will Jones  /  20 July 2021 • 13.24
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 7

• 2 weeks later...
sancho panza

Says it all about the UK's response.All of a sudden it's two days not five because things weren't getting to the shelves....

It really does beg the question as to whether they really know what they're doing.They could have created the illusion of control by nudging it down one day at a time,that's what Macron would have done.

https://uk.investing.com/news/coronavirus/england-changes-covid19-app-so-fewer-people-need-to-isolate-2431963

LONDON (Reuters) -England's COVID-19 mobile phone app will be tweaked so that fewer contacts of asymptomatic people who test positive for the disease will need to self-isolate, Britain's health ministry said on Monday.

Business leaders have raised concerns about the numbers of staff who are having to self-isolate after being "pinged" by the app when they come into contact with someone who then tests positive for COVID-19.

Under the change, if someone tests positive but is asymptomatic, the app will look for their close contacts in the two days prior to the positive test, rather than looking for the contacts of the positive person in the five days before the test.

• Informative 3

Yadda yadda yadda
13 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Says it all about the UK's response.All of a sudden it's two days not five because things weren't getting to the shelves....

It really does beg the question as to whether they really know what they're doing.They could have created the illusion of control by nudging it down one day at a time,that's what Macron would have done.

https://uk.investing.com/news/coronavirus/england-changes-covid19-app-so-fewer-people-need-to-isolate-2431963

LONDON (Reuters) -England's COVID-19 mobile phone app will be tweaked so that fewer contacts of asymptomatic people who test positive for the disease will need to self-isolate, Britain's health ministry said on Monday.

Business leaders have raised concerns about the numbers of staff who are having to self-isolate after being "pinged" by the app when they come into contact with someone who then tests positive for COVID-19.

Under the change, if someone tests positive but is asymptomatic, the app will look for their close contacts in the two days prior to the positive test, rather than looking for the contacts of the positive person in the five days before the test.

No wonder so many people get pinged. Someone who tested positive on a Monday could have been in close contact with a hundred people over the weekend. If a close contact is defined as 15 minutes in Bluetooth range. Pings are far more contagious than the virus.

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
4 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Pings are far more contagious than the virus.

Contender for quote of the week there.

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

This is unsurprising.

If a government wants a different result, don't change behaviour. Change the tape measure.

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

This is unsurprising.

If a government wants a different result, don't change behaviour. Change the tape measure.

We've never had a 'pandemic' where the only way you know you have it is a test.

What's the quote?

those-who-cast-the-votes-decide-nothing-those-who-count-the-votes-decide-everything.jpg.eacbe7b7bbf0b1cbd9e30ac4fab7ce2b.jpg

sancho panza

Firm won £123m contract after David Cameron urged Matt Hancock to attend genomics conference (msn.com)

A firm employing David Cameron as an adviser won a multi-million pound contract after the former Conservative prime minister reportedly urged the ex-health secretary in a letter to attend a genomics conference.

It comes after Mr Cameron’s work since leaving office was put under the spotlight once again this week for his separate advisory role with the collapsed finance company Greensill Capital, as BBC Panorama reported he made $10m (£7.2m).

According to The Times, Mr Cameron, who was appointed as an adviser to Illumina in 2018, wrote to Matt Hancock in April 2019 “strongly” endorsing an invitation to a conference the US healthcare company had previously sent to his Whitehall office.