DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

UK Govt Coronavirus Response: Sceptics Thread

sancho panza

17 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Thanks to whomever posted this video of a chat between lawyer Anna De Buisseret and Prof. Cahill about English Law and Human Rights.

Fascinating listening. The law protects us. Will the law be followed is the question. 

https://www.bitchute.com/video/tNSuk5aZRT2N/

Thanks for posting MT

Interesting video here from employment lawyer Anna De Buisseret

The Masked Tulip
1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

Thanks for posting MT

Interesting video here from employment lawyer Anna De Buisseret

In Nazi Germany they just ignored the law, put corrupt judges in place and shipped everyone off to the camps. It will be interesting what happens here in the UK. We might have some very 'learned friends' as fellow camp inmates.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Headline says it all,what a predictable mess this is.Of course the Tory answer is covid mandates because the solution to not enoguh doctors is to sack a few ,keep the rest on their toes.:ph34r:

Survival rate for covid for people under 50 with no comorbidities is 99.99%++,survival rate for cancer?

NHS duty spokesperson finishes the article with the understatement of the year.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/01/biggest-cancer-catastrophe-ever-hit-nhs-740000-potential-cases/

‘Biggest cancer catastrophe ever’ to hit NHS as up to 740,000 potential cases missed

‘Devastating’ situation for patients, as waiting lists set to rise further and medics fear that ‘more people will die who don’t need to’

By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor 1 December 2021 • 12:01am

Up to 740,000 potential cancer cases that should have been urgently referred by GPs have been “missed” since the first lockdown, according to a damning report.

Watchdogs also warned that NHS waiting lists could keep growing until 2025 and even reach double the current six million.

Charities said the report by the National Audit Office (NAO) reflected a “devastating” situation for many patients, with medics warning of “the biggest cancer catastrophe ever to hit the NHS”. 

MPs said the situation was likely to get worse before it gets better, with millions of patients who should have been referred for care during the pandemic now missing from waiting lists.

Waiting lists could reach 12 million by March 2025

Latest figures show 5.9 million people waiting - around a 10th of the population. 

The NAO estimates that between 7.6 million and 9.1 million fewer referrals for treatment were made during the pandemic, because of difficulties accessing care and fears of catching the virus. 

It estimated that if 50 per cent of missing referrals returned to the NHS, and activity grew in line with pre-pandemic expectations, the waiting list would reach 12 million by March 2025.

The report expresses particular concern about a sharp fall in urgent referrals by GPs to hospitals, for cases of suspected cancer.

The NAO estimates a shortfall of between 240,000 and 740,000 missing referrals as a result of people struggling to get appointments with GPs, or keeping away from the NHS for fear of Covid or being a burden on services. 

In turn, between 35,000 and 60,000 fewer people started treatment for cancer than would have been expected over the period. 

The report warns of uncertainty about how many such patients will now seek help, amid warnings that, in many cases, disease may be more advanced and harder to treat. 

Meg Hillier, chairman of the Public Accounts Committee, said: “The pandemic has heaped yet more pressure on a care system that was already creaking under the strain.

“Covid-19 forced the NHS to cut back on normal activity, creating a backlog of patients who are now returning. 

“The report estimates there are millions of ‘missing’ patients who avoided seeing or were unable to see a doctor during the pandemic. It’s unclear how many will return or the impact this has had on their health.

“Things will get worse before they get better, with the NAO estimating that waiting lists will be even longer by 2025.”

Recovery plan to tackle backlog of cases

It follows concern about difficulties accessing GP care during the pandemic, with a dramatic fall in the proportion of appointments taking place in person. 

Before the first lockdown, around 80 per cent of appointments took place in person, a figure which fell to 47 per cent after the first lockdown. A recent increase has taken it to 64 per cent. 

The NHS is preparing to launch its Elective Recovery Plan in an effort to tackle the backlog waiting for hospital care, as well as prioritise the most urgent cases. 

The plans could see patients able to book their own hospital appointments, check waiting times and travel further for care, if it means getting it sooner. 

Health officials have said those on waiting lists should be able to contact hospitals directly, via the NHS app or phone. But millions of routine follow-up appointments are likely to be axed, in an attempt to prioritise those most in need. 

Health officials have said such schemes would “give the power back to the patient” and mean doctors spend less time on “pointless” appointments which were not necessary.

Four in five people now on waiting lists are waiting for hospital appointments, rather than surgery. Officials say two in three of those waiting for outpatient consultations are “review” checks - which are routinely scheduled every six months for millions of people with long-term conditions, whether or not they are needed. 

‘Chronic staffing shortages are having a devastating impact’

However, charities are worried that insufficient attention has been paid to a growing crisis in cancer care, and shortages of staff. 

Eve Byrne, head of campaigns and public affairs at Macmillan Cancer Support, said:  “This report confirms what we hear day in, day out from people living with cancer. Chronic staffing shortages are already having a devastating impact on cancer patients, and we have major concerns that are only set to worsen without urgent action.

“It could not be more vital that the Government’s imminent Elective Recovery Plan for England includes a clear plan for getting people diagnosed with and treated for cancer. This needs to be backed up by steps to ensure we have enough nurses, so that the NHS is equipped to provide timely and quality care for all people with cancer – both now and in the future.  

“Without these critical pieces of the puzzle, we risk increasing numbers of people facing later diagnoses, poorer care and potentially worse chances of survival."

Professor Pat Price, an oncologist and co-founder of CatchUpWithCancer, called for urgent action, warning that every month’s delay in treatment could cut survival by a 10th. 

He said the report “shows we are in the middle of the biggest cancer catastrophe ever to hit the NHS”. 

He added: “There is a deadly cocktail of delays across the board, a regional lottery of cancer inequality and a growing cancer backlog. And it feels like the Government and NHS leaders have their heads in the sand.

“We need the Government to urgently outline how additional funding will be spent on cancer treatments, backlog-busting technologies, like radiotherapy, and the cancer workforce. Cancer patients don’t have the luxury of time, if we don’t act more people will die who don’t need to.”

Dr Gary Howsam, vice-chairman of the Royal College of GPs, said: “GPs take our responsibility to refer appropriately very seriously and we worked hard throughout the pandemic to continue to refer patients with possible symptoms of cancer in as timely a way as possible. 

“There was a drop in urgent cancer referrals at the start of the pandemic, which evidence shows was mainly due to people following official guidance to stay at home, as well as concerns about catching Covid-19 and overburdening NHS services. 

“Referral rates from March to the end of August this year exceeded pre-pandemic levels.”

An NHS spokesperson said: “Treating more than half a million patients in hospital for covid, as well as delivering a world-leading vaccination programme, has inevitably had an impact on some routine and non-urgent care, yet since the pandemic begun the NHS has performed millions of elective procedures and over 450,000 people have started treatment for cancer.”

• Informative 5

On 30/11/2021 at 21:31, dnb24 said:

Fantastic article SP, just what I’ve seen - it’s like they’re in clinic with me- mine are more musculoskeletal based but every case rings true. I had a 14 yo girl the other day- 8 days prior went on her mums treadmill one night- next morning- left arm pain, paraethesia, headache, left eye blurred vision- went to A&e - who did an echo- discharged. I reviewed her 7 days later- symptoms exactly the same. I asked a few questions - why it started? Don’t know, Anything different happening in life? Nope, never had symptoms before?  Nope, More direct- did you have the jab? Yes two weeks prior. I said I’d seen similar in adults post jab- parents absolutely unconcerned. I Referred urgently to paediatrician. 

A while back,I had an elderly patient, worsening chest pain radiating down his left arm.He offered me an excellent history,previous admission to hospital two days before for something similar.After some time,I randomly asked if he'd been jabbed

'about four hours before I went to hospital two days ago.....' I jest not.He thought it that insignificant that he told me about what he'd had for lunch before he mentioned that.

Correlation doesn't equal causation etc etc.....but still,shows the mindset

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 7
  • Lol 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Sam Bailey video

The COVID-19 Fraud & War On Humanity (Part 1)

https://odysee.com/@drsambailey:c/covid19-fraud-and-war-on-humanity-part-one:e

Dr Mark Bailey and Dr John Bevan-Smith have just published a bombshell paper "The COVID-19 Fraud & War on Humanity".
They cover everything behind the fraud - including the players, the PCR, the virology, the modelling and more.

and here's part 2.An excellent watch from someone who understands medicine and big pharma like few others.

https://odysee.com/@drsambailey:c/Covid-19-Fraud-and-War-on-Humanity-Part-2:7

• Informative 1

3 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Dr Sam Bailey video

The COVID-19 Fraud & War On Humanity (Part 1)

https://odysee.com/@drsambailey:c/covid19-fraud-and-war-on-humanity-part-one:e

I started watching this, and I'm not as impressed as you, SP.

Firstly, she seems to be making the case that the whole of virology is a dud science. I'm not in any way qualified to comment on the technicalities of isolating viruses, but if you call a whole discipline into question, you're going to have a hard time convincing people you aren't a crackpot.

Secondly, she was making the claim that the virus itself doesn't exist; or perhaps even that COVID-19 is not a real disease. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but that was my impression. Now, I'm happy to accept that all the official statistics related to COVID-19 are either manipulated, full of confounding factors, or both. However, I do still trust total mortality statistics, and those showed a clear, unseasonal peak in the UK. That peak was too large to be produced by care-home homicides, and anyway is present in a lot of other European countries' data.

I remain convinced that there is a real, new, disease out there; at least two or three times more deadly than a typical influenza virus (when comparing a population typically vaccinated against 'flu to one naive against SARS-CoV-2). We should be treating it that same way we treat a bad winter flu season.

She probably has a lot of good points to make about corruption and conspiracies, but she has sort of lost my trust now as a good source for that. I'd be much happier to listen to Robert Malone on that topic, for example.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, BurntBread said:

I started watching this, and I'm not as impressed as you, SP.

Firstly, she seems to be making the case that the whole of virology is a dud science. I'm not in any way qualified to comment on the technicalities of isolating viruses, but if you call a whole discipline into question, you're going to have a hard time convincing people you aren't a crackpot.

Secondly, she was making the claim that the virus itself doesn't exist; or perhaps even that COVID-19 is not a real disease. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but that was my impression. Now, I'm happy to accept that all the official statistics related to COVID-19 are either manipulated, full of confounding factors, or both. However, I do still trust total mortality statistics, and those showed a clear, unseasonal peak in the UK. That peak was too large to be produced by care-home homicides, and anyway is present in a lot of other European countries' data.

I remain convinced that there is a real, new, disease out there; at least two or three times more deadly than a typical influenza virus (when comparing a population typically vaccinated against 'flu to one naive against SARS-CoV-2). We should be treating it that same way we treat a bad winter flu season.

She probably has a lot of good points to make about corruption and conspiracies, but she has sort of lost my trust now as a good source for that. I'd be much happier to listen to Robert Malone on that topic, for example.

I think she's making the case that a lot of virologists haven't done their jobs properly.I'm not qualified to assess that but she is.

On the issue of covid being a real disease what she's actually saying as I understand it,is that they haven't isolated the virus yet and thus are searching for something they've constructed from the fragments they have isolated.

In terms of the unseasonal respiratory season in 2020,it was unseasnal but you'll see from the charts below that it appears to have made no difference to overall mortality rates.It looks like the respiratory season peaked in Mar/Arpil 2020 as opposed to the normal Dec/Jan.

She's a brave person to take on the establishment in the way she has but she's not alone.Similar the UK based Hart group,she's a member of NZ SOS which is a group of kiwi doctors against lockdowns.

https://nzdsos.com/

To assess whether this is two to three times more deadly than flu you need to look at the IFR and that's widely accepted now to be within the range of flu.Here's Prof John Iaonniddis (Medicine) paper that has been accepted by WHO making that very case.

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

Also,if it was 3 times more deadly than flu,all cause mortality would be showing a significant rise and it's not.

UK-no trend change in 2020 despite covid.

image.thumb.png.39c3140adde3b0ddd000d7bf7169f3c3.png

Germany-same,no trend change despite covid.

image.thumb.png.0a504c5c3d5422852348f06973772c48.png

USA

image.png.75189b874040f17e08f028c8a543c4e2.png

Here's zero covid New Zealand,no change in trend.

image.png.2fd5bcbcb41681cf2eb30b5397190b50.png

and here's zero lcokdown Sweden,again no change.

image.png.d0061e4be8c48f3325ee02d585be3304.png

• Informative 7

Hard to know how far this will go but it shows questions have been raised about trial data

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer’s vaccine trial

BMJ 2021; 375 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n2635 (Published 02 November 2021)Cite this as: BMJ 2021;375:n2635

In autumn 2020 Pfizer’s chairman and chief executive, Albert Bourla, released an open letter to the billions of people around the world who were investing their hopes in a safe and effective covid-19 vaccine to end the pandemic. “As I’ve said before, we are operating at the speed of science,” Bourla wrote, explaining to the public when they could expect a Pfizer vaccine to be authorised in the United States.1

But, for researchers who were testing Pfizer’s vaccine at several sites in Texas during that autumn, speed may have come at the cost of data integrity and patient safety. A regional director who was employed at the research organisation Ventavia Research Group has told The BMJ that the company falsified data, unblinded patients, employed inadequately trained vaccinators, and was slow to follow up on adverse events reported in Pfizer’s pivotal phase III trial. Staff who conducted quality control checks were overwhelmed by the volume of problems they were finding. After repeatedly notifying Ventavia of these problems, the regional director, Brook Jackson, emailed a complaint to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Ventavia fired her later the same day. Jackson has provided The BMJ with dozens of internal company documents, photos, audio recordings, and emails.

Poor laboratory management

On its website Ventavia calls itself the largest privately owned clinical research company in Texas and lists many awards it has won for its contract work.2 But Jackson has told The BMJ that, during the two weeks she was employed at Ventavia in September 2020, she repeatedly informed her superiors of poor laboratory management, patient safety concerns, and data integrity issues. Jackson was a trained clinical trial auditor who previously held a director of operations position and came to Ventavia with more than 15 years’ experience in clinical research coordination and management. Exasperated that Ventavia was not dealing with the problems, Jackson documented several matters late one night, taking photos on her mobile phone. One photo, provided to The BMJ, showed needles discarded in a plastic biohazard bag instead of a sharps container box. Another showed vaccine packaging materials with trial participants’ identification numbers written on them left out in the open, potentially unblinding participants. Ventavia executives later questioned Jackson for taking the photos.

Early and inadvertent unblinding may have occurred on a far wider scale. According to the trial’s design, unblinded staff were responsible for preparing and administering the study drug (Pfizer’s vaccine or a placebo). This was to be done to preserve the blinding of trial participants and all other site staff, including the principal investigator. However, at Ventavia, Jackson told The BMJ that drug assignment confirmation printouts were being left in participants’ charts, accessible to blinded personnel. As a corrective action taken in September, two months into trial recruitment and with around 1000 participants already enrolled, quality assurance checklists were updated with instructions for staff to remove drug assignments from charts.

In a recording of a meeting in late September2020 between Jackson and two directors a Ventavia executive can be heard explaining that the company wasn’t able to quantify the types and number of errors they were finding when examining the trial paperwork for quality control. “In my mind, it’s something new every day,” a Ventavia executive says. “We know that it’s significant.”

Ventavia was not keeping up with data entry queries, shows an email sent by ICON, the contract research organisation with which Pfizer partnered on the trial. ICON reminded Ventavia in a September 2020 email: “The expectation for this study is that all queries are addressed within 24hrs.” ICON then highlighted over 100 outstanding queries older than three days in yellow. Examples included two individuals for which “Subject has reported with Severe symptoms/reactions … Per protocol, subjects experiencing Grade 3 local reactions should be contacted. Please confirm if an UNPLANNED CONTACT was made and update the corresponding form as appropriate.” According to the trial protocol a telephone contact should have occurred “to ascertain further details and determine whether a site visit is clinically indicated.”

Worries over FDA inspection

Documents show that problems had been going on for weeks. In a list of “action items” circulated among Ventavia leaders in early August 2020, shortly after the trial began and before Jackson’s hiring, a Ventavia executive identified three site staff members with whom to “Go over e-diary issue/falsifying data, etc.” One of them was “verbally counseled for changing data and not noting late entry,” a note indicates.

At several points during the late September meeting Jackson and the Ventavia executives discussed the possibility of the FDA showing up for an inspection (box 1). “We’re going to get some kind of letter of information at least, when the FDA gets here . . . know it,” an executive stated.

Box 1

A history of lax oversight

When it comes to the FDA and clinical trials, Elizabeth Woeckner, president of Citizens for Responsible Care and Research Incorporated (CIRCARE),3 says the agency’s oversight capacity is severely under-resourced. If the FDA receives a complaint about a clinical trial, she says the agency rarely has the staff available to show up and inspect. And sometimes oversight occurs too late.

In one example CIRCARE and the US consumer advocacy organisation Public Citizen, along with dozens of public health experts, filed a detailed complaint in July 2018 with the FDA about a clinical trial that failed to comply with regulations for the protection of human participants.4 Nine months later, in April 2019, an FDA investigator inspected the clinical site. In May this year the FDA sent the triallist a warning letter that substantiated many of the claims in the complaints. It said, “t appears that you did not adhere to the applicable statutory requirements and FDA regulations governing the conduct of clinical investigations and the protection of human subjects.”5

“There’s just a complete lack of oversight of contract research organisations and independent clinical research facilities,” says Jill Fisher, professor of social medicine at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine and author of Medical Research for Hire: The Political Economy of Pharmaceutical Clinical Trials.

Ventavia and the FDA

A former Ventavia employee told The BMJ that the company was nervous and expecting a federal audit of its Pfizer vaccine trial.

“People working in clinical research are terrified of FDA audits,” Jill Fisher told The BMJ, but added that the agency rarely does anything other than inspect paperwork, usually months after a trial has ended. “I don’t know why they’re so afraid of them,” she said. But she said she was surprised that the agency failed to inspect Ventavia after an employee had filed a complaint. “You would think if there’s a specific and credible complaint that they would have to investigate that,” Fisher said.

In 2007 the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the Inspector General released a report on FDA’s oversight of clinical trials conducted between 2000 and 2005. The report found that the FDA inspected only 1% of clinical trial sites.6 Inspections carried out by the FDA’s vaccines and biologics branch have been decreasing in recent years, with just 50 conducted in the 2020 fiscal year.7

RETURN TO TEXT

The next morning, 25 September 2020, Jackson called the FDA to warn about unsound practices in Pfizer’s clinical trial at Ventavia. She then reported her concerns in an email to the agency. In the afternoon Ventavia fired Jackson—deemed “not a good fit,” according to her separation letter.

Jackson told The BMJ it was the first time she had been fired in her 20 year career in research.

Concerns raised

In her 25 September email to the FDA Jackson wrote that Ventavia had enrolled more than 1000 participants at three sites. The full trial (registered under NCT04368728) enrolled around 44 000 participants across 153 sites that included numerous commercial companies and academic centres. She then listed a dozen concerns she had witnessed, including:

Participants placed in a hallway after injection and not being monitored by clinical staff

Lack of timely follow-up of patients who experienced adverse events

Protocol deviations not being reported

Vaccines not being stored at proper temperatures

Mislabelled laboratory specimens, and

Targeting of Ventavia staff for reporting these types of problems.

Within hours Jackson received an email from the FDA thanking her for her concerns and notifying her that the FDA could not comment on any investigation that might result. A few days later Jackson received a call from an FDA inspector to discuss her report but was told that no further information could be provided. She heard nothing further in relation to her report.

In Pfizer’s briefing document submitted to an FDA advisory committee meeting held on 10 December 2020 to discuss Pfizer’s application for emergency use authorisation of its covid-19 vaccine, the company made no mention of problems at the Ventavia site. The next day the FDA issued the authorisation of the vaccine.8

In August this year, after the full approval of Pfizer’s vaccine, the FDA published a summary of its inspections of the company’s pivotal trial. Nine of the trial’s 153 sites were inspected. Ventavia’s sites were not listed among the nine, and no inspections of sites where adults were recruited took place in the eight months after the December 2020 emergency authorisation. The FDA’s inspection officer noted: “The data integrity and verification portion of the BIMO [bioresearch monitoring] inspections were limited because the study was ongoing, and the data required for verification and comparison were not yet available to the IND [investigational new drug].”

Other employees’ accounts

In recent months Jackson has reconnected with several former Ventavia employees who all left or were fired from the company. One of them was one of the officials who had taken part in the late September meeting. In a text message sent in June the former official apologised, saying that “everything that you complained about was spot on.”

Two former Ventavia employees spoke to The BMJ anonymously for fear of reprisal and loss of job prospects in the tightly knit research community. Both confirmed broad aspects of Jackson’s complaint. One said that she had worked on over four dozen clinical trials in her career, including many large trials, but had never experienced such a “helter skelter” work environment as with Ventavia on Pfizer’s trial.

“I’ve never had to do what they were asking me to do, ever,” she told The BMJ. “It just seemed like something a little different from normal—the things that were allowed and expected.”

She added that during her time at Ventavia the company expected a federal audit but that this never came.

After Jackson left the company problems persisted at Ventavia, this employee said. In several cases Ventavia lacked enough employees to swab all trial participants who reported covid-like symptoms, to test for infection. Laboratory confirmed symptomatic covid-19 was the trial’s primary endpoint, the employee noted. (An FDA review memorandum released in August this year states that across the full trial swabs were not taken from 477 people with suspected cases of symptomatic covid-19.)

“I don’t think it was good clean data,” the employee said of the data Ventavia generated for the Pfizer trial. “It’s a crazy mess.”

A second employee also described an environment at Ventavia unlike any she had experienced in her 20 years doing research. She told The BMJ that, shortly after Ventavia fired Jackson, Pfizer was notified of problems at Ventavia with the vaccine trial and that an audit took place.

Since Jackson reported problems with Ventavia to the FDA in September 2020, Pfizer has hired Ventavia as a research subcontractor on four other vaccine clinical trials (covid-19 vaccine in children and young adults, pregnant women, and a booster dose, as well an RSV vaccine trial; NCT04816643, NCT04754594, NCT04955626, NCT05035212). The advisory committee for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is set to discuss the covid-19 paediatric vaccine trial on 2 November.

• Informative 3

@dnb24B|

https://inews.co.uk/news/covid-vaccine-vote-result-mps-mandatory-jabs-for-nhs-workers-1351771

MPs have voted by 385 to 100 – a majority of 285 – to pass a Covid vaccine mandate for NHS workers in England into law.

It comes as the government’s new Plan B restrictions went to a Commons vote, in which Boris Johnson faced a rebellion of unprecedented scale, on Tuesday evening.

Edited by sancho panza
  • Cheers 4

Iv'e posted this elsewhere but it needs looking into

Areas with highest vaccination rates have the highest Covid infection rates, 99.5% fully vaccinated and 98.5% fully vaccinated, 2 top areas in Ireland, highest daily infections.. Work that bag of shit out? is it the 0.5% fault with their dirty non vaccinated bodies?

In other words vaccine passports are bollocks as Highly vaccinated people seem to be riddled with it!

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-irelands-co-waterford-has-one-of-the-highest-vaccination-rates-in-the-world-so-why-are-cases-surging-12461642

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, macca said:

Iv'e posted this elsewhere but it needs looking into

Areas with highest vaccination rates have the highest Covid infection rates, 99.5% fully vaccinated and 98.5% fully vaccinated, 2 top areas in Ireland, highest daily infections.. Work that bag of shit out? is it the 0.5% fault with their dirty non vaccinated bodies?

In other words vaccine passports are bollocks as Highly vaccinated people seem to be riddled with it!

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-irelands-co-waterford-has-one-of-the-highest-vaccination-rates-in-the-world-so-why-are-cases-surging-12461642

That world map of vaccination/cases/deaths (I think it has the latter), has Africa stood out like a sore thumb.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/20/england-hospital-units-may-close-as-staff-revolt-over-jab-mandate-says-nhs-leader?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1639985618

126,000 unvaccinated staff could lose their job when the rule comes into force on 1 April.

We know the Tories are Evil cunts who want to destroy the NHS. 

will 126'000 people walk?

why working in hospitals near covid patients would you refuse the jab?

why? What do they know or think they know? 

12 years of Tories has seen

50'000 less doctors 

40'000 less nurses 

900 less GPs 

500% increase in privatisation 

is this the final nail in the NHS coffin.

Richie sunak flew to USA last week to meet private health care bosses. 

So NHS gone by April? 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, macca said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/20/england-hospital-units-may-close-as-staff-revolt-over-jab-mandate-says-nhs-leader?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1639985618

126,000 unvaccinated staff could lose their job when the rule comes into force on 1 April.

50'000 less doctors 

40'000 less nurses 

900 less GPs 

So NHS gone by April? 

I think they'll back down or find some other way which means they don't lose face.

16 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

That world map of vaccination/cases/deaths (I think it has the latter), has Africa stood out like a sore thumb.

This is the interesting chart, deaths in 20 to 29 year olds not from Covid, but they are pointing to heart inflammation. 

The imperfect jab seems to prevent Covid deaths, but being an experiment the long term damage of both Covid infections and the Jab are yet unknown. 

Screenshot_20211220-154755_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

24 minutes ago, macca said:

This is the interesting chart, deaths in 20 to 29 year olds not from Covid, but they are pointing to heart inflammation. 

The imperfect jab seems to prevent Covid deaths, but being an experiment the long term damage of both Covid infections and the Jab are yet unknown. 

Screenshot_20211220-154755_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think...ropey ground as going off memory, there are also excess deaths this year in the younger groups here. I have slowly been trying to read about.

36 minutes ago, macca said:

50'000 less doctors 

40'000 less nurses 

900 less GPs 

So NHS gone by April? 

The Rishi story seems to have broke a few days ago by The Mirror. Meeting with The Grail company. Some link with Cameron but I haven't checked that. The Telegraph managed one article to say Rishi was on holiday, although that line has not been pushed further.

Not sure who tipped the Mirror off. Interesting timing as it occurs with the BJ garden photo. Possibly taken from No 11. Who is pulling the strings on this story?

Anyway i read this article this morning. It sets off sympathetic to the problem. It ends with garbage about the health secretary and vaccines.

I was struggling to see how you have both views in one article.

Assuming the first half is acknowledging the problem, is the secomd half away to escape OFCOMs rules?

The issues mentioned were specifically noted by the House of Lords in response to the shoddy impact statement on mandatory vaccines in the NHS. I then read one of The Lords was not happy at all, as the concerns were ignored and not addressed when the lower house rubber stamped them.

An interesting article. Was it a way for the writers to get it past OFCOM..or is the first part a sting job...meaning there is more to come and twist it back to the goverments narrative.

• Informative 1

Covid cases

South Africa 12'000 daily infections,

population 61 million

Jabs less than 20%

Poverty, HIV.. etc

deaths 90'000

UK 90'000 daily infections 

Population 67 million

Jabs 70% plus

deaths 147'000

No conspiracy theories.. Just Data

Does that look like the JAB is working?

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, macca said:

Covid cases

South Africa 12'000 daily infections,

population 61 million

Jabs less than 20%

Poverty, HIV.. etc

deaths 90'000

UK 90'000 daily infections 

Population 67 million

Jabs 70% plus

deaths 147'000

No conspiracy theories.. Just Data

Does that look like the JAB is working?

Its Central Heating innit, we have they don't.

• Lol 1

Chewing Grass

I'm just bunging these more interesting charts from the Nordea Papers here as it is wearing quite well considering they were written a month ago.

Chart 2. A mega vaccination rate has not prevented rampant case growth in Vermont

image.png.b5a9cbe2237351d442668179c8583f8f.png

Chart 3. Israel’s booster campaign may have led to more case growth

image.png.2cfa473a3e1e402df3d9b3e716688ac5.png

Some of the text.

It used to be "two weeks to flatten the curve", but somehow it has developed to "imprison the unvaccinated (or worse)". Lockdownistas have been on parade also over the past week, with “papers please”-systems being implemented in many countries to try to boost the injection rate. Ireland has implemented a semi-lockdown with a midnight curfew. Austria has not only decided to imprison the unvaccinated (albeit so far only in their homes), the entire country is now going back into a lockdown and a nationwide vaccine mandate is launched. The vaccine is apparently so good that you need to force people in to taking it. This is unlikely to work wonders for the lack of trust in the system.

Even Sweden has thrown in the towel, moving towards vaccine passports for large gatherings starting December 1. And if that’s not enough, limits on restaurants, working from home-recommendation, and so on, will follow. In contrast, it seems as if the federal vaccine mandate for big private employers will be challenged in court, which may compromise the deadline 4 Jan. This removes some of the risk of potential very weak non farm payroll reports in Q1 due to vaccine mandates, and leaves us with a good risk/reward in paying 1y1y USD rates still, in particular now that Clarida is warning that tapering will be accelerated already in December. We expect tapering to be concluded earlier than June-22, also even if Biden and Yellen hand Lael Brainard a thanksgiving-chairmanship.

All of this was predictable. In August we warned of “plenty of alarmist media coverage” and that this could trigger the politicians’ logic, i.e. i) we must do something [about delta], ii) this is something, iii) therefore, we must do this…”. We went further in September we argued that new lockdowns should NOT be ruled out and that “the chosen path forward is vaccination mandates and booster shots forever”.

We are therefore not too impressed by the forecast record of Fauci and his colleagues (in July he stated that the US is on track to “crush the outbreak”, and that “you’re not going see the kind of surges we’ve seen in the past” (if 62% of adults get at least one dose). Now you may say that delta has changed everything – and that Fauci was right at the time, but the thing is that viruses mutate

While a lot of people still appear to believe the vaccines block transmission, they clearly do not. Vermont – the most vaccinated state in the US – has seen case growth explode recently. This paper, for instance, finds “no discernible association between COVID-19 cases and levels of fully vaccinated”. What’s more, in a new paper on data from Israel’s national airport – an excellent data set – the authors conclude that Israel’s Green Pass system is inefficient in preventing infection spread (why is everything called green nowadays?), and that the relative protection from booster shot is 60% at best vs the unvaccinated (defined as those who have not been injected within the past six months). With that in mind, if you want to prevent transmission it might make sense to lock up everybody, unvaccinated or not.

We also urge you to take caution when interpreting right about every single official Covid-19 number across the globe. First, case growth is extremely distorted by political decisions and messages such as conflicting viewpoints on whether vaccinated needed to be tested or not.

Second, hospitalisation data cannot be fully trusted either as you count as a Covid patient if you have tested positive within 7-days of hospitalization, no matter whether you have a broken leg, a depression or severe Covid-19 symptoms. These “fake Covid-hospitalizations” account for 20-33% of all hospitalizations according to various studies, and this effect ought to be bigger this year than last year as the vaccine still works decently well against severe illness. Politicians sadly look at these numbers without a deeper investigation, why this is all that matters for any market relevant research.

The authors also observed that the positivity rate among vaccinated was significantly higher than for the unvaccinated during Israel’s “aggressive booster campaign”, suggesting that the booster shots made individuals more vulnerable to infection in the immediate weeks afterwards. This is not only supported from Israeli data. Gibraltar’s experiences from a 99%+ vaccination rate also suggest that case growth could accelerate even more as injection rates accelerate with the boosters…

Chart 4. Gibraltar’s booster campaign preceded the surge in case growth

Leaving aside the lessons from the Nuremberg trials such as bodily integrity, informed choice, the impact on civil liberties, and so on (because who cares?), lockdown policies, vaccine mandates and so on do carry costs. School closures can lead to children missing out on education, and with humans being social animals, locking them up or reducing socialising also carry costs even if these will not be visible in GDP figures. And as The Telegraph recently noted: “nearly 10,000 more people than usual have died in the past four months from non-Covid reason [in the UK]” (and no one knows why).

Chart 5. UK case growth picking up

Speaking of which, UK case growth has actually been picking up recently, after the downdraft in early November. In 2020, case growth accelerated a couple of weeks after that same holiday – and it looks as if that may be unfolding this time around as well (perhaps the lull in case growth can be explained by the October school holiday). With the GBP under pressure due to Brexit risks given the potential invoking of article 16, we think it’s wise to keep your GBP shorts on. A new fight against the EU may come in politically handy when new unpopular lockdowns are likely to be implemented during this winter in the UK as well.

Buying the SONIA Dec-22 +3m future against paying rates in the NOK Dec-22 +3m FRA might be a good bet (more in NOK in a second).

Chart 6. US case growth went on a tear at this time of the year last year

For all that, we want to remind you that last year US case growth went on a tear, and perhaps this will translate to the dollar losing its lustre in coming weeks… Pfizer has asked the FDA to authorize booster shots, a request which could be approved before Thanksgiving. So maybe a mega acceleration of US case growth should be expected given Israel’s experiences…

At the same time though, we think that US real rates will be heading higher due to Fed tapering and its coming rate hikes. For instance, the real Fed Funds rate ought to head to 4% based off its historical relationship with the ECI index – though surging wages can be “explained away” by effects relating to the pandemic, and as things normalise (if they ever will) wage growth will fall back. Hence, expect “normalization” to be pushed back even further, with continued extreme demand for goods and weaker than usual demand for services this winter – a highly inflationary cocktail. Good thing that the St Louis Fed can tell you how to cook a cheaper and more protein rich Soybean-based Thanksgiving-meal now that they have given up controlling prices.

Chinese manufacturing is going to fire on all cylinders this winter as well, which may increase Natural Gas demand to ensure that air pollution promises are kept ahead of the Winter Olympics in February (if they are not cancelled, that is). This is likely to accelerate energy prices as long as Putin and Lukashenko seem more occupied with keeping the flow of Iraqis higher than the flow of Natural Gas.

On 20/12/2021 at 22:41, Chewing Grass said:

The authors also observed that the positivity rate among vaccinated was significantly higher than for the unvaccinated during Israel’s “aggressive booster campaign”, suggesting that the booster shots made individuals more vulnerable to infection in the immediate weeks afterwards. This is not only supported from Israeli data. Gibraltar’s experiences from a 99%+ vaccination rate also suggest that case growth could accelerate even more as injection rates accelerate with the boosters…

This is what I found absolutely fascinating.

In other news

Looks like a lot of Doctors off sick but only 7.4% due to covid....

Obviously the claim goes in that it's due to staff being tired by the effort of responding to the pandemic,rather ignoring the elephant in the room that the lockdown has caused far more problems than it has solved.

Also worth noting that many staff aren't off sick becuse they're symptomatic with covid but rather isolating because of the rules

Interesting as well to see the Kings College figures where they admit they're dealing with a third of the covid patients compared to last January.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10335949/NHS-staffing-crisis-timebomb-130-000-workers-not-fully-jabbed.html

NHS staffing crisis deepens: One in 10 doctors is now off sick – one in seven in Covid epicentre London – with 130,000 workers in England still unvaccinated

• Up to 130,000 NHS staff on the frontline still not fully vaccinated, meaning they face stricter quarantine 
  • There are some tensions between vaccinated staff and unvaccinated colleagues, who are more likely to be off
  • Doctors braced for a 'difficult' Christmas and New Year as they treat a surging number of new Covid patients 
  • This could be made worse with hospitals predicting that one-third of NHS staff could be off sick by January 

The NHS' winter staffing crisis deepened again today as it emerged one in every 10 doctors are now off sick, including one in seven in London, the current Covid epicentre.   

Doctors are braced for a 'difficult' Christmas and New Year as they treat a surging number of new Covid patients in hospital at the same time as more staff are absent because of the virus. 

A survey by the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) found 13.9% of health workers were absent in the capital, with 7.4% of these because of Covid. The research added that the increased transmissibility of the Omicron variant means it is feared up to a third of NHS staff could be off sick by mid-January.

It comes as figures show up to 130,000 frontline staff - almost ten per cent of the total workforce - are still not fully vaccinated despite the growing threat and the prospect of losing their jobs if they are not double-jabbed by April 1. 

Andrew Goddard, president of the RCP, said: 'With one in 24 doctors off work because of Covid-19, rising to one in 13 in London, absence is the worst we have seen during the pandemic other than at the end of March 2020. 

'But at that point we didn't have access to the personal protective equipment (PPE) we needed, we had cancelled almost all other activity, it was spring, and we were dealing with a less transmissible strain.'

He added that the workforce is 'tired and demoralised' after nearly two years of dealing with the pandemic and trying to deliver as much non-Covid care as possible, while also juggling annual leave requests over Chrisstmas. 

Mr Goddard called for 'proper NHS workforce planning', which he said would deliver thousands more doctors and nurses, and reiterated an urge for the public to get vaccinated, while limiting social interactions over the festive period.  

'That's not a message people want to hear and not one it's easy to deliver, but if we aren't cautious, we risk the number of available health and care staff falling to dangerous levels,' he said.

Health chiefs today announced those who test positive for Covid can be released after seven days, rather than 10, providing they take two lateral flow tests at the end of that period and are fully-jabbed. The NHS could set up 'field hospitals' in the car parks of existing hospitals, staffed by Army medics, the Guardian reports. The plan raises further questions about the decision to close the Nightingale Hospitals.  

Hospitals in parts of England with the highest infection rates are predicting that one-third of NHS staff could be off sick by January and there are some tensions between vaccinated staff and unvaccinated colleagues, who are more likely to get the virus and face strict quarantine rules keeping them off work, even if they don't test positive.

Piling more pressure on their vaccinated colleagues, the NHS' own figures on staff vaccinations from December 16 show that up to 130,000 of the NHS 1.4m workers have had just one or even zero jabs. 30,000 of those are in London, which is the current epicentre of the UK's Omicron outbreak.  

The NHS does not break down the jobs of those who have so far resisted vaccinations, although the BMJ reported earlier this year that at the University Hospitals of Leicester the take up was lowest among doctors, where 57 per cent had the jab compared to 73 per cent amongst administrative staff and 73 per cent of healthcare scientists. 

The trust said that 71 per cent of white staff took up at least one dose of the vaccine, compared with 59 per cent of their South Asian staff and 37 per cent of black staff. The report noted that doctors were the only group where ethnic minorities were the majority and said that medics were the youngest cohort at the trust, suggesting some may not have had a jab because they perceive themselves as being at lower risk. 

As Tony Blair branded the unjabbed 'idiots', unvaccinated NHS workers are not only more likely to get the illness, they must also isolate for ten days regardless of negative PCR test results if they come into close contact with a case. 

There are also still 23 per cent of NHS frontline staff have also not had their boosters, despite millions of Britons rushing to their vaccination centres to get one over the past month after being told it will give better protection against the new variant spreading through the UK. 

The Government imposed a 'no jab, no job' policy in care homes from November 11. But the same diktat will not apply to the NHS frontline until April 2022.  

There are also still 23 per cent of NHS frontline staff have also not had their boosters, despite millions of Britons rushing to their vaccination centres to get one over the past month

Professor Clive Kay, chief executive of King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, said just over 600 staff out of 14,000 are off sick across due to Covid-related absences in the trust, which consists of King's College Hospital, Princess Royal University Hospital in Bromley, Orpington Hospital, plus services at Beckenham Beacon and Queen Mary's Hospital.

Nearly 170 coronavirus patients are currently being treated at King's College and the Princess Royal Hospital as of Wednesday compared to 60 patients at the end of November.

A total of 102 patients are in general beds and 18 are in critical care at King's, while 45 patients are in general and three patients are in critical care at the Princess Royal.

At its peak during the second wave in January 2021, the trust was treating 776 patients with Covid.

Separate figures from NHS England show that 1,904 people were in hospital in London with Covid-19 as of December 21 - the highest number since March 2 and up 41% from a week earlier.

But it is far below the second wave peak, which saw 7,917 patients in hospital on January 18.

Dr Tom Best, 53, a consultant in the critical care unit at King's College, said the unit has not seen a surge in coronavirus cases in critical care at the moment despite the huge surge in cases of Covid in the capital, but added the number of critical care patients tends to rise after a jump in hospital admissions.

He told the PA news agency: 'Our actual coronavirus numbers at the moment in critical care have been fairly steady...there's lots of unknowns right now and that is generating quite a lot of anxiety because we are seeing such a massive rise in cases, all likely [due] to the Omicron variant.

'So we are bracing ourselves for a significant impact. Adding to that is staff sickness, which is a reflection of the community prevalence we're seeing at the moment.'

He said 20 to 25% of patients currently in critical care have Covid while 5% of critical care staff - double the usual amount - are off sick with Covid-related absences.

'It presents extra challenges for the staff on the ground,' he said. 'We have to ask staff to step up to cover shifts at short notice and that's really challenging.

'Then there are times when there is a shortage, so staff on the ground have to work that extra bit harder to cover each other. We do our best to deal with it but there are significant challenges.'

Outlining the staff shortages, Professor Kay said: 'I can't pretend that the staff are happy with the situation. Last Christmas was ruined for so many staff and unfortunately, this wave is coming again over the Christmas period and that's going to be difficult, but the staff are very professional.

'The staff here at King's and indeed throughout the NHS and social care have done an amazing job over the last couple of years and will continue to do so.'

Dr Laura Jane Smith, 39, a respiratory consultant in one of King's two Covid wards, said the shortages combined with the 'relentless nature' of Covid is weighing on medics.

She told PA: 'There are a number of different challenges we're facing, one of which is staff shortages, and that's been a real problem this week in particular.

'The other challenges are it continues to be really tough to be working in PPE all day. Communicating with really sick patients with the PPE on really does limit how well we can show how much we care and empathise with people going through a really difficult time with a severe illness.

'There's lots to be hopeful for and things are certainly much better than they were last January.

'We have two wards of Covid patients currently in the hospital whereas in January we took over the entire hospital. That's largely down to the vaccination programme and also the fact that things have moved forward so much with the drug treatments we now have.'

She added most patients being admitted to hospital with coronavirus are unvaccinated.

'A few have had one or several doses, and some of those will have other conditions that mean they're at higher risk, but predominantly the patients that we're seeing that are getting really sick still, needing advanced respiratory care and even intensive care, are patients who are not vaccinated.'

Professor Kay told PA the hospital is well-versed in treating patients with Covid but also planning for any surges.

'We are running the organisation in a very structured way, making decisions in a very clear, methodical and careful way and responding to the situation on a day by day basis,' he said.

• Informative 4

sleepwello'nights
8 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

This is what I found absolutely fascinating.

She added most patients being admitted to hospital with coronavirus are unvaccinated.

Most articles I've read make this claim. It is in direct contradiction with tables 8, 9 and 10 in the official vaccine surveillance report. It is only in table 11 when they claim the unvaccinated represent a greater proportion. 

I have reservations about the adjustment, it doesn't seem to tie in with the latest official report on the vaccine take up.

• Agree 2