• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Anyone top this lying cunt?

Just now, spygirl said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40697326

I just thought it was a couple of quid owed to the kebab shop.....

Next week, Jeremy finds out how much public sector pensions will cost,followed by how crap sone people are in the public sector.

New TV series The IRA killed people!!

tbf, it really is ethically and morally wrong to load kids up with that (any) level of debt and then to rub salt in the wounds sell the book to a private loan shark type of organisation who are then allowed to charge usurious rates of interest.

At some point some kid with a lawyer for a parent is going to challenge this on miss-selling grounds.   

Just now, One percent said:

tbf, it really is ethically and morally wrong to load kids up with that (any) level of debt and then to rub salt in the wounds sell the book to a private loan shark type of organisation who are then allowed to charge usurious rates of interest.

At some point some kid with a lawyer for a parent is going to challenge this on miss-selling grounds.   

I disagree with loading kids up.

Im expecting Unis to get sued. Theyve made dubious claims and failed to deliver consistent course quality.

I stand by my solution - uni only for Maths A level C or higher.

Just now, spygirl said:

Im expecting Unis to get sued. Theyve made dubious claims and failed to deliver consistent course quality.

otoh, there are plenty in university who ought not to be there (probably me included before anyone else gets there).

Guarantee if I fail someone, there will be a formal complaint that normally takes over a year of bloody work before it goes away.  I bet a lot think, why bother, just pass the lot... I'm getting there.  The other week there was a complaint from someone who did not meet the entry criteria as to why they were not offered a place.  The sense of entitlement is strong in some

13 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Next week, Jeremy finds out how much public sector pensions will cost,followed by how crap sone people are in the public sector.

Anyone posted that on the comments section of the SJW`s favorite comic 

The interest charge has taken it beyond jusifiable for me. It implies that there is no benefit for society. I agree many at university should not be but I do think that any interest charged and certainly above inflation interest rates are morally reprehensible.

6 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Anyone posted that on the comments section of the SJW`s favorite comic 

The Canary?

Ive just gone, on my tablet. Like the journos there it does not work.

They just ignore the not paying iff student debt bit. Lots about guns blazing on the So-Called BBC, you know tge unimportant bit, about why a bloke is paid 100k more than a womn who only gets 200k for reading an autocue

Bbc public sector too.

Oh dear. Both jezza and bbc.

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Labour will reintroduce maintenance grants for university students, and we will abolish university tuition fees.

from manifesto. (written in a short time)

By the Tories! They wrote it, not us!

Not only are degrees becoming valueless* but even firsts are going that way.  My school awarded zero firsts in all three years I was there, which was not unusual for an arts subject, but even in maths and sciences, which had less of the mid range cluster of an arts degree, firsts were rare, certainly less than one in ten.

University of Surrey (whatever that is, previously Egham reform school probably) 41%, UEA (which used to be half decent) 37%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40654933

* Unless they are a required vocational degree such as for pharmacy or medicine.  All my recruitment has always been upon experience, aptitude, and professional qualifications.

5 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I think I would change the thread title.

Unless you really are seeking a hit man to take him out. But that might get you into trouble!

I thought cunt had a feminine touch about it.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I stand by my solution - uni only for Maths A level C or higher.

I think you might be onto something. Students mis-sold courses - this will replace PPI as a conduit for QE.

Short Unis - Long BMW 3 Series M Sports.

54 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Not only are degrees becoming valueless* but even firsts are going that way.  My school awarded zero firsts in all three years I was there, which was not unusual for an arts subject, but even in maths and sciences, which had less of the mid range cluster of an arts degree, firsts were rare, certainly less than one in ten.

University of Surrey (whatever that is, previously Egham reform school probably) 41%, UEA (which used to be half decent) 37%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40654933

* Unless they are a required vocational degree such as for pharmacy or medicine.  All my recruitment has always been upon experience, aptitude, and professional qualifications.

There were only a few of firsts handed out in my class, now more than a 25% of them get one

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

There are probably insufficient slang words for genitalia in the OED to adequately describe what I think of that dangerous, bullying, machiavellian and vengeful PoS.

11 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

There are probably insufficient slang words for genitalia in the OED to adequately describe what I think of that dangerous, bullying, machiavellian and vengeful PoS.

Hes he nice cuddly person.

Its McDonnell and the rest who are the worst.

1 hour ago, Talking Monkey said:

There were only a few of firsts handed out in my class, now more than a 25% of them get one

Ditto. Graduated in 1994, there were about 5% firsts - and you know the people who got them, they were very good and deserved it, they really were brains ahead of many of us.

The vast majority, it was 2:1s and 2:2s