DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Cancel your TV licence now

Frank Hovis

One percent

I’m annoyed now. This came in the post today. So within a few days I’ve had a visit and a letter both threatening me with prosecution. This is tantamount to harassment. Yet they are part of the establishment and thus there appears to be no way of challenging it. 

Edited by spunko

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I’m annoyed now. This came in the post today. So within a few days I’ve had a visit and a letter both threatening me with prosecution. This is tantamount to harassment. Yet they are part of the establishment and thus there appears to be no way of challenging it. 

Yes it is harassment and just makes me more determined to legally not get a licence.  Like not getting a jab just to go on holiday.  See the parallels?  I'd rather go without (no loss) than give in to a bully.  I probably get these too.  Indeed I've just binned one for the nth time.  Better for my health not to read anything.  But if you do, just highlight the "may", "if", etc and marvel at their wordcraft.

Edited by spunko
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

They can't start a prosecution without a name, so unles you're called Sir/Madam that letter is worth nothing.

I'd tell them I identify as Miss and find their letter insulting and sexist. Therefore I haven't read it 9_9

The bit about being written to X times is bullshit, who did they write to?

The onus of proof is on them and unless you fess up there's no chance of them legally obtaining it.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

King Penda
9 minutes ago, Option5 said:

They can't start a prosecution without a name, so unles you're called Sir/Madam that letter is worth nothing.

I'd tell them I identify as Miss and find their letter insulting and sexist. Therefore I haven't read it 9_9

The bit about being written to X times is bullshit, who did they write to?

The onus of proof is on them and unless you fess up there's no chance of them legally obtaining it.

Why don’t I get threats like these ffs I’m envious 

• Lol 2

2 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Why don’t I get threats like these ffs I’m envious 

Dear Mr Envious,

It is a criminal offence to ......etc, etc.

There, feel better now?

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

I actually know a way they could easily get loads of people to buy a licence.

The most popular app for downloading and viewing BBC TV is the BBC iPlayer app and it's smart TV equivalents.

They  make statements like "Only 10 people watched our wonderful program live, but then 20,000,000 watched it on catch-up" 9_9

So instead of making people log into the app using an easily faked email address, just make them use their TV licence reference number which can be checked against the database. That way millions of people will rush out and buy a licence to use the app.

They will, won't they?

Or will they just delete the app and decimate the viewing figures?

Thought so :Old:

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

King Penda
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Your post code is in the middle of that letter 

Edited by spunko

Red Debt Redemption

Or

Just

Ignore

Make

Your

Home

A

Black

Hole

Where

Their

Letters

Go

To

Die

Here is the bible on these matters.

https://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/

They have done everything you have done or plan to do in the future.

They've done the FOI's, they've done the remove implied rights of access, they've done court, they've signed the declarations, they've sent in the harassment complaints, they've written to BBC / TVL employees home personal addresses which resulted in the po-lice being called to their home for harassment (ironic as that is what TVL do).

They still get letters.

They still preach ignore, black hole communications. 

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 2

One percent
18 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Your post code is in the middle of that letter 

Cheers. @spunko would you mind removing the letter and all resonses to it. Can’t seem to get rid by editing my post. 

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

Cheers. @spunko would you mind removing the letter and all resonses to it. Can’t seem to get rid by editing my post. 

I've removed it....

But suffice to say don't reply to them. Ignore and they go away. I am on probably 7th or 8th year now. Never had any problems.

Do not bother with any of that implied right of access or freeman stuff. Do not say you don't have a TV. Just ignore, fall off the radar...

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

ninjaborrower
On 13/10/2021 at 15:23, One percent said:

My issue though is that I’m a woman on my own. I don’t know how you can prove a negative. How can i prove I don’t watch live tv?   I can’t.  It all seem a tad Orwellian to me. 

You dont have to prove anything, how about just shutting the door in there face

You know you live in a alleged free country, you dont have to answer to any creep who turns up uninvited

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Harley said:

They don't even write to me anymore, just to some "Occupier" fella.

Ah yes, the elusive Theo C Cupier.

• Lol 2

Bricks & Mortar

Not license related.  But in America they don't have licenses, and the sentiment is the same.  So I chose to put it here.

• Informative 1
  • Love 1