DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Cancel your TV licence now

Frank Hovis

I think things are moving at an alarming pace.  It goes way beyond the Licence Fee and I’m of the view that over the last few months there has been a mass default.  The Courts do not have the capacity to deal with non payers like they did a decade ago.   My only concern is that if the Bailiffs/Enforcers turn up whilst I’m working my family won’t tell them to stuff it like I would.   I get the feeling that people are cancelling DD and SOs to all the utility companies, not paying any sort of tax including Council Tax etc.   The times they are a changing.

• Agree 4

26 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

Looks like you can't cancel or get a refund at the moment as all their contact centres are closed. How convenient 9_9.

Also, they seem to require evidence to support your cancellation and then it is up to them to decide if they refund you , wtf! 

You do not need to provide evidence. It's part of their tomfoolery / attempts to discourage you.

Simply state on the form you do not intend to watch or record live TV or use iplayer.

However the law doesn't oblige them to give a refund either AFAIK and the website says you only get a refund for a few months so no idea if they play ball when it's for longer. For one month they do refund if you use the text above.

I wanted to get a license again for a month or two only for events being shown live but have not yet got an answer if they allow that. Seems like it'll be a no from reading info and the tvlicenseresistance forum. Of course if everyone cancelled they may start to offer what the customer wants ....

So far I'm not missing their output at all, haven't even watched most of the stuff I recorded before cancelling it. Also glad to be not contributing to their PC-woke nonsense.

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

Looks like you can't cancel or get a refund at the moment as all their contact centres are closed. How convenient 9_9.

Also, they seem to require evidence to support your cancellation and then it is up to them to decide if they refund you , wtf! 

When I did it not long ago it was a web form - 4 simple pages.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the So-Called BBC staff are having trouble working from home. So now you can't cancel your TV license.

xD

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis

Very cunning.

Though why do they actually need to review the details you submit?

If I want to cancel my phone / broadband / gas then that is my choice.

It doesn't require a member of their team to review my details.

Hopefully people will remember this once they are able to cancel them.

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Very cunning.

Though why do they actually need to review the details you submit?

If I want to cancel my phone / broadband / gas then that is my choice.

It doesn't require a member of their team to review my details.

Hopefully people will remember this once they are able to cancel them.

They must have managed to automate the sign up procedure, because you can still sign up for a new one.

xD

• Agree 3
  • Lol 2

Carl Fimble

More reason to quit paying the anti white BBC, as if any more were required :

They're shit weasels of the highest order, to use a term that YouTuber seems rather fond of. 

• Agree 2

Frank Hovis
3 minutes ago, mattydread said:

You can still cancel the direct debit from your account. 

I presume.

That's usually a bad idea for any contract though as you will still owe the money.l

• Informative 1

Carl Fimble

Just now, mattydread said:

I presume.

Yes, but only if you remain AT LEAST two metres away from your computer, and only ever buy bread and water, and stay indoors, and clap enthusiastically at 8pm EVERY Thursday, and grass up your neighbours, and wear an ineffective mask, and stop driving, and ....

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Yes, but only if you remain AT LEAST two metres away from your computer, and only ever buy bread and water, and stay indoors, and clap enthusiastically at 8pm EVERY Thursday, and grass up your neighbours, and wear an ineffective mask, and stop driving, and ....

I'm still trying to convince my mother (68 not wet behind the ears etc) to fuck them off (Bbc)

Carl Fimble
3 minutes ago, mattydread said:

I'm still trying to convince my mother (68 not wet behind the ears etc) to fuck them off (Bbc)

Boomers gonna boom!

44 minutes ago, mattydread said:

I presume.

Some are annual debits, paid in advance, so will get no refund for the future period until renewal anniversary

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

They're shit weasels of the highest order, to use a term that YouTuber seems rather fond of. 

illegal immigrants, innit

Carl Fimble
22 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

illegal immigrants, innit

It's hard to know what you're referring to, increased levels of violence, trouble getting a doctor's appointment, limited school places/large class sizes, increased welfare spending, feelings of despondency among our peoples... 

Edited by Carl Fimble
FeelingS not feeling
  • Agree 4

I started prepping for this CV two glorious years ago by cancelling my licence!  I have absolutely no need for it.  I'm surprised if people can't take the initiative and cancel now if the Authority is saying they cannot process things.  Such talk and failure to perform would never have stopped me cancelling a contract.  At the very least, you know what to do to prepare for CV2!  Cancelling my licence was one of the best things I have done given the mental anguish the So-Called BBC were causing me.  I just don't need live TV or the So-Called BBC, indeed am hugely better off without it.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52236387

C19 diary

A vaccine will be found, but this is at least a year away, and if we're going to save precious lives, we desperately need effective treatments today. To do that, we need to harness the best medical research in the UK.

This is a supposed Dr. Theres no such thing as will - see Aids, common cold.

This is one of the advantages of having a National Health Service. We've never been so co-ordinated, having one big trial, and trying to recruit everybody in the country.

The NHS is not outperforming other healthcare systems.

It was explained to him when he consented to take part in the trial that he might be given a placebo. The other four possibilities are:

• Hydroxychloroquine, the antimalarial drug that President Trump said he had a good feeling about - which then led to a spate of overdoses and acute shortages
  • Kaletra, a combination of antiretroviral drugs used in treating HIV
  • Dexamethasone, a steroid, which is an old favourite in medicine when we don't quite know what's going on
  • Interferon, a cytokine, which may help fight the infection

Bad Trump

Afterwards I asked Zulfi Karim, president of the Bradford Council of Mosques, how he thought the city's Muslim community - who make up just under a third of the population - were feeling about the pandemic and the measures taken to tackle it.

Ah.....

I put it to Zulfi that coronavirus has highlighted inequalities. If you live in a nice house with a nice garden, lockdown isn't too bad, but if you're living in an overcrowded house in the inner city, it's really tough.

Bet they've a nice big house n garden back in Mipure, paid with UK benefits.

What about the 70% non muzzer pop of  bradford? No mention??

What about the congenital weakness of inbreeding?

He should know, as the mipuries are making him work.

https://borninbradford.nhs.uk/about-us/meet-the-team/john-wright/

The Born in Bradford study is tracking the health and wellbeing of over 13,500 children, and their parents born at Bradford Royal Infirmary between March 2007 and December 2010. The health of these children is being tracked from pregnancy through childhood and into adult life. Studying children from before birth is a powerful way of understanding the many influences that shape our lives. We have been able to include how our parents and our wider family, our genes, the way we choose to live, the local environment, the services we access come together to affect our health and well-being. The information collected from our Born in Bradford families is being used to find the causes of common childhood illnesses, conditions and to explore the mental and social development of this new generation. We now starting to follow-up all the Born in Bradford families to see how their lives have changed since pregnancy. We are doing this through BiB: Growing Up and the Primary School Years projects.

My gripe is, if you wanted to work out what was best for the average Brit than Bradford is **not** the place to do that study.

The stats will be massively skewed by the vast number of dysfunctional, inbred, illiterate goat fuckers, whose health outcomes have absolutely no relation to the typical brit, be they English, Scots or Welsh.

• Agree 2

• 3 months later...
One percent

Apologies if this has already been answered.  @Frank Hovis  i have been on the interweb and have spectacularly failed to establish how to cancel my tv licence. Been on their website and it sends me round in a continuous loop. Almost as if it’s deliberate. o.O

am i better off phoning them?  

TIA. 

AlfredTheLittle
37 minutes ago, One percent said:

Apologies if this has already been answered.  @Frank Hovis  i have been on the interweb and have spectacularly failed to establish how to cancel my tv licence. Been on their website and it sends me round in a continuous loop. Almost as if it’s deliberate. o.O

TIA. 

Can't you just stop paying? If you have a DD just cancel with your bank. I also haven't paid them for years, someone did come round once, I just told him I never watch live TV, and the TV is only for dvds(which is true). He just said no problem, and that's the last I ever heard from them. 

One percent
8 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Can't you just stop paying? If you have a DD just cancel with your bank. I also haven't paid them for years, someone did come round once, I just told him I never watch live TV, and the TV is only for dvds(which is true). He just said no problem, and that's the last I ever heard from them. 

Dunno. Would rather keep the feckers off my back....  

Frank Hovis
59 minutes ago, One percent said:

TIA. 

I don't think I can help Onesie; I just didn't buy one the last time I moved and the one prior to that was not in my name.

@JoeDavola has recently cancelled; he will be able to help.

The advice in general is don't cancel your DD for this, or anything unless you are on very firm ground, because all you are doing is cancelling the method of payment whilst the contract remains live and you may be hit with penalties. 

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
23 minutes ago, One percent said:

Dunno. Would rather keep the feckers off my back....  

I cancelled my dd and they emailed me a link to a form to declare I didn't need a licence.

Was very simple.

Sadly no room on the form for freestyle comments.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

I cancelled my dd and they emailed me a link to a form to declare I didn't need a licence.

Was very simple.

Same here.

And they email me every year or two to make the same declaration online which takes all of 30 seconds. In 3 or so years of having no licence I’ve not received a letter, visit or phonecall.

3 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Was very simple.

Reminds me of that time I didn't buy a packet of biscuits from the corner shop and they sent me a forty page questionnaire so I could explain why.

• Lol 5

Frank Hovis
7 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Same here.

And they email me every year or two to make the same declaration online which takes all of 30 seconds. In 3 or so years of having no licence I’ve not received a letter, visit or phonecall.

My back of the envelope calculation was that their regular monthly harrassment of me was costing them £15 a year.

So not only do they not get my money it costs them 10% of a licence fee that they do get to harrass me.

Six years so far so £90 I've cost them  :)

Stop being nice to the buggers and start ignoring everything they send.

• Agree 5