DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Has Coronavirus officially killed the housing market?

Post-Covid, what 3 changes are you going to try to make? (max 3)  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Post-Covid, what 3 changes are you going to try to make? (max 3)

• Work from home more
    • Walk more (drive less)
    • Avoid Chinese goods
    • Shop locally
    • Quit working (bennies)
    • Retire earlier
    • Leave the UK
    • Come back to UK
    • Cook more own food
    • Eat out more
    • See family more
    • See family less!
    • More time on hobbies
    • Worry less
    • Get divorced
    • None of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Good man.

Don't forget it's "Black Friday" mind.

You can currently get 20% off some fine leather binders for your "Razzle" collection...

XYY

Mayfair was better than Razzle, so there, and it was worth the £1.20 compared your 60p version.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone that had a 20% deposit before prices halved

I've just spent a while browsing the 118 forums since my previous post.  Tenants not paying, tenants already fucked off, not a registered business, mortgage company doesnt want to know, how will

I can hardly bear to go in the place. Obviously can't at the moment anyway, as marooned in the US. Makes my own father's death at home, in his own bed look like a lottery win. I have told the story be

Posted Images

On 19/11/2020 at 13:05, Oskar said:

An anecdotal, we have just accepted an offer in our place for full asking. Buyer initially offered 10k below so we said we would think about it overnight. Got a call 5 minutes later saying they would offer full price. :)

On the market for 10 days, 12 viewings. East Berkshire.

Now need to find a house pronto! Fuuuuck.

Probably had Kirsty and Phil sat with them.

3 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Loads, if you can find a copy of the October 1988 edition...

She went on to feature in a Sting film. Cracking lass, never fancied her myself, but she was a bloody good laugh.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=penthouse+october+1988&qpvt=penthouse+october+1988&form=IGRE&first=1&tsc=ImageBasicHover&scenario=ImageBasicHover  :Beer:

5 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Not her, so either it was not October, or not Penthouse.

I am NOT going to trawl the interweb to find it though. 

Blonde with massive tits and a demure smile, should you wish to pursue further.

Might have been 1987.

Edited by Knickerless Turgid

Does anyone else get the Daily Telegraph?

And more importantly the business section, though it's not just there. That Newspaper today has come as close as is possible to writing this countries future off. I have never seen as many gloomy predictions in one day as I have today in that newspaper, it runs in the dozens.

In short it talks about the economy being totally written off for the sake of a few thousand 80 year olds in 2020, how all these massive economical problems for the future will be put off and handed down to future generations as the baby boomers see out the remaining years of their already pampered existence. Golden pensions saved and wealth kept intact etc, not taxing the baby boomers just yet and waiting until 2030's, so basically letting them off the hook until retirement then.

And of course with this doom and gloom and nothing to look forward to for the under 45's they are still going to manage to increase immigration and keep property prices high.

Fuck BLM and ANTIFA protests, these youngsters have plenty more to be rioting on the streets about, time for something nasty to enter politics, a kind of tough love because Boris has totally fucked up in order not to be disliked in the  history books.

1 hour ago, haroldshand said:

Does anyone else get the Daily Telegraph?

And more importantly the business section, though it's not just there. That Newspaper today has come as close as is possible to writing this countries future off. I have never seen as many gloomy predictions in one day as I have today in that newspaper, it runs in the dozens.

In short it talks about the economy being totally written off for the sake of a few thousand 80 year olds in 2020, how all these massive economical problems for the future will be put off and handed down to future generations as the baby boomers see out the remaining years of their already pampered existence. Golden pensions saved and wealth kept intact etc, not taxing the baby boomers just yet and waiting until 2030's, so basically letting them off the hook until retirement then.

And of course with this doom and gloom and nothing to look forward to for the under 45's they are still going to manage to increase immigration and keep property prices high.

Fuck BLM and ANTIFA protests, these youngsters have plenty more to be rioting on the streets about, time for something nasty to enter politics, a kind of tough love because Boris has totally fucked up in order not to be disliked in the  history books.

Yep.

I would not want to be aged 16 - 30 at present. 

There are hard times coming and they are going to pay for it. 

19 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

Plucked from the latest Office budget responsibility forecast released today. It’s rare to see forecast changes like this and hockey sticks. Also a trend reversal. Madness. I’m not sure if place much weight as I expect it’s merely to allow the government to pump up the market. 0C3E79DD-FDD8-4CC3-80BE-382C928709FD.png.007a500d359c395cd07a5eb9666788c5.png

That chart seems to go against their narrative. It's a straight line down from now until the end of 2021 but they suggest falls after April

2.84 Annual house price inflation according to the ONS measure edged up from 1.3 per cent in April to 2.5 per cent in August. The Halifax and Nationwide measures of house prices, which are based on mortgage approvals rather than completed transactions (and therefore lead the ONS measure), rose by 7.5 per cent and 5.8 percent respectively in October suggesting that house prices will remain buoyant in the near term.

2.85 Chart 2.29 shows our central forecast for house price inflation. House prices are expected to fall back in 2021, driven by end of the stamp duty holiday and the hit to household incomes from the labour market adjustment that we assume will follow the end of the CJRS. Despite a steady recovery from 2022 onwards, the level of house prices remains  around 17 per cent lower at the forecast horizon compared to our March forecast

http://cdn.obr.uk/CCS1020397650-001_OBR-November2020-EFO-v2-Web-accessible.pdf